The name Genghis Khan probably makes many people think of conquering warriors on horseback leaving burning cities and piles of dead bodies behind them. While there is no doubt that Genghis Khan was the leader of a highly efficient killing machine, th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

什么是资产负债表? The purpose of a Balance Sheet is to report the financial position of a company at a certain point in time. It is divided into two columns. The first lists what the company

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

You're in the job you always wanted and you're doing well, even making more money than your husband。 你有一份自己一直想要的工作,而且你做的很好,甚至比你丈夫赚钱更多。 But beware. Women who become the chief breadwin

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

I think what for me, the legions been taken off today is the involvement of the banks. Wenot the banks werent sort of innocent by-standers in this, they were actually aggressive protagonists. So they were not just helping people to avoid and evade pa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Allegations made and what's become known as the Trojan Horse letter, suggested that children were not being kept safe in Birmingham schools. Ofsted and the Education Funding Agency have investigated those allegations. Their reports and other relevant

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

中英翻唱:Black Black Heart《邪恶的心》分开旅行英文版 Black Black Heart《邪恶的心》刘若英分开旅行英文版 英文歌词: Something ugly this way comes Through my fingers sliding inside All these blessings all these burns

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 中英翻唱歌曲

The success of women in Olympic sports can be tied to the opportunities available in their home countries. Women won more total medals than men in 29 countries that participated in the 2016 Rio Games and at least one other Summer Olympics. 女性在奥

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

The United Kingdom is going to new lengths to lure Chinese tourists, with the pilot of a new joint visa system with the EU due to launch next month. Currently, Chinese travellers need to apply for a separate visa for the U.K. than the EU. Now though,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年10月

Women Lead Differently Recently, I was asked by my boss to form a small group to work on a project. As the first meeting drew near, I found myself thinking hard about, no, not the topics that would be discussed, but what type of food we should eat. T

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

尊敬的各位议员,尊敬的佩里主席,女性破冰者执委会主席李莉,女士们、先生们: My Lords, MPs, Mr Stephen Perry, Ms Lillian Davies,Ladies and gentlemen,很高兴出席48家集团俱乐部女性破冰者组织成立仪式

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

A new report by a consortium of British aid agencies says the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is the worst in forty years. VOA's Jim Teeple reports the report blames Israel for the crisis, but Israeli officials say Hamas militants are to bla

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has announced a broad, independent inquiry into the country's involvement in the Iraq war. But despite considerable pressure, Mr. Brown said the inquiry would not be held in public. 英国首相布朗宣布就英国卷

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年6月

Britain's top anti-terrorism chief has been forced to resign after he inadvertently released details of an operation that then had to be initiated earlier than expected. In that operation, a dozen men in northwest England have been arrested and are b

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年4月

Business 商业报道 Women in management 女性管理者 A word from your sponsor 后台一句话的事 Time for women to stop being shrinking violets at work 职场女性,从此不再羞答答的 I DON'T know any successful women who haven't had

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

The marriage market 婚姻市场 Got to have a J.O.B. 必须要有一份工作 Women still most want to marry men with money 女性仍然最想嫁给有钱的男人 JANE AUSTEN'S characters took it for granted that men with money made more eligible m

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Women still lag far behind men in top political and decision-making roles, a waste of talent given that their access to education and healthcare is nearly equal, the World Economic Forum said on Wednesday. In its 2008 Global Gender Gap report, the th

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Looking for love: Research suggests women are find it more and more difficult to find men of a similar social status. Women are overtaking men in education and in the workplace, a senior Government minister said yesterday creating a new generation of

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Most women are either bisexual or gay but never straight, a study suggests. 一项研究显示,大部分女性要么是双性恋要么是同性恋,但绝对不会只是直的。 Research has found that though lesbians are much more attracted to t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Women are more likely to be bisexual than men, a study has found. 研究表明,女性比男性更容易成为双性恋。 The poll of more than 9,000 young adults found that females were also more likely to choose the label 'mostly heterosexual'. T

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Women are more likely to be bisexual than men, a study has found. 一项研究发现,相较于男性,女性更有可能成为双性恋者。 The poll of more than 9,000 young adults found that females were also more likely to choose the label mos

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间