Dear Annie: I am a 24-year-old female and have been friends with Danielle for 12 years. In fact, she is the only friend I have. Recently, I expressed some personal frustrations to her about my brother-in-law's lifestyle. Last weekend, he came to visi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 大千世界

演讲简介:布琳.布朗致力于研究人与人的关系--我们感同身受的能力、获得归属感的能力、爱的能力。在TEDx休斯敦一次富有感染力的幽默谈话中,她跟我们分享了她的研究发现,一个让她更想

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:生存故事

练习英语听力的几个原则 学英语的朋友们对如何提高听力水平非常关心,但有些朋友尽管练的很辛苦,可是效果仍然不理想,归根到底还是在对练习听力的认识上或是方法上有问题。那么如何

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

1. 如何随声附和? 可以说You're right. Right. Of course. Certainly. Quite right. Exactly. 2. 如何表达得更连贯顺畅? 注意句子衔接,得体使用过渡词,使逻辑更清楚易懂。 表递增可以用also, in addition, not

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Michele: Excuse me, is this the right stop for St. Paul's cathedral? Andrew: Yes, it is. There is a map here which tells you the number of the bus. Michele: Oh, yes, I see. So, the number 8 bus goes to St. Paul's? Andrew: That's right. And it tells y

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

Body Talk Have you ever wondered why you sometimes take an almost immediate liking to a person you have just met? Or worried about why someone you were talking to suddenly became cool and distant? The

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Captain. I'll have the med bus packed and ready to go in a half-hour. 上尉。我会让医疗车在半小时内准备好出发 How's Tom? I need to know what happened to him on that ship. 汤姆怎么样了?我得知道他在那艘飞船上发生了

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第二季

博客作家考特尼马丁,在这段私人性的诚挚的谈话中重新审视历史悠久的女性主义一词。她通过贯穿讲述有关她这一代女性探索的三个基本悖论,来定义时代性的女性主义。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:告女性说

Communication is an essential part of work and home life. Understanding how to be a good communicator can be an important productivity tool, one thats frequently neglected. Poor communication can often have disastrous results; lost time, injured feel

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

But others thought this frivolous, and they wore art fabrics and barbaric jewelry. 但是也有一些人认为这样不够庄重,这些人穿的是艺术性的纺织品,戴着具有蛮荒色调的珠宝装饰。 The men were seldom eccentric in a

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

Where do you come from? I come from England. What's the climate like in your country? It's mild,but it's not always pleasant. The weather's often cold in the North and windy inthe East. It's often wet in the West and sometimes warm in the south. Whic

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

That's right, replied Sam. 太对了,萨姆回答, But some animals do like to acquire things, even though they don't pay anything for them. 不过有些动物也喜欢收集东西,即使他们从不必为此付钱。 Such as? asked the Head Ma

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

Chapter 19 A Talk About Money 第十九章 一次关于钱的谈话 In almost everyone's life there is one event that changes the whole course of his existence. 每个人的一生中差不多都会发生一件改变其整个人生进程的事情。 T

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

It's no good trying to talk to a wall - it doesn't answer Neil: Hi, and welcome to BBC Learning English. Im Neil. Yang Li: 大家好,我是杨莉。 Neil: In this Real English programme we'll be looking at an English idiom. Yang Li: 还有对应的汉

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

勒斯米柏维忆起手写信件这个消逝的艺术,并且分享她父亲生前亲手写给她的一些笔记。 她那简短而动人的谈话, 可能会启发你开始动手写信。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:艺术与幻觉

TED团队仔细地参观了他的在曼哈顿的受科学启发的艺术工作室。通过一次与John Hockenberry的让人大开眼界的私人谈话,揭示了自然的力量

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:艺术与幻觉

自从我写《闲聊英语》以来,我收到大量邮件,其中数量最多的,就是询问与CET4/6(大学英语四六级考试)有关的各种问题。但这些邮件,我一个也没有回复,原因很简单:我本人不是学英语的,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

unit 401 打错电话 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Hello, is Jennifer in? A:喂,请问詹妮弗在么? B:I am sorry, you have the wrong number. B:对不起,你打错电话了。 A:Oh, I am really sorry. A:噢,实在很抱歉。

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

第一,要有一个不卑不亢的态度。 我们长期闭关锁国,形成了一种特别的心理定势,对待外国人或者卑躬屈膝,或者无端地傲慢,而不是把他们也作为和自己相等的人来看待。尽管我国开放已

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

14.the 的使用 the用于指代 谈话双方非常熟悉的, 前面已经提过的,大家知道所指为何物; 指代大家共知的独一无二的,如the sun. the moon,the air, the weather, the bible.

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小技巧