Battered Gadhafi Hometown Faces Long Recovery In former Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's hometown, the process of cleaning up from weeks of fierce fighting has begun. Sirte was the last battleground in the uprising that led to Gadhafi's ouster and dea

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! 关于求救信号Mayday! Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. A listener from Venezuela sent us a question about the meaning of the expression mayday. He wrote that he often hears this expression in m

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Becoming a Spy Vaughn: Youve been reading that novel for hours. What is it? Sydney: Its a spy novel and its really good. Its about a man who is recruited by the C.I.A. to work in counterintelligence doing code breaking, but he becomes embroiled in th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

The global average could be up 7 degrees F by the end of the century, wreaking havoc with weather patterns and habitats. We can't prevent climate change by preserving the air's delicate blend of gases, the unique mix that sets earth apart. And our pl

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

今天我们要学的词儿是shatter。 Shatter是砸碎、破坏的意思。The explosion shattered the windows, 意思是说爆炸震碎了窗玻璃。上周末新上映的电影蜘蛛人的第三部打破了全球票房纪录,媒体报道说,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

1. Police say local Wisconsin Authorities had no run-ins with the gunman who killed six people at a Sikh temple. Wade Michael Page was fatally shot by police and he is believed to have acted it alone. 2. In Oklahoma, a badly burnt body has been found

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(八月)

1. Snow and ice are playing havoc with Holiday travel plan across the US, disrupting traffic in the air and down the roads. The storm sprung out of the west and is blamed for at least 11 deaths. 2. President Obama wrapped up a 3 days west coast tour

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(十二月)

This is AP minutes. 1. President Obama defended the nuclear Iran deal on Wednesday, promoting it as the only way to avoid an Iranian nuclear weapon and nuclear arm race in the Middle East. Obama did acknowledge that the deal will do little to ease ot

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(七)月

Typhoon Rammasun, the strongest typhoon to hit Chinas southern region in decades, has wreaked havoc in Guandong Province, causing a great deal of damage. When the typhoon finally left Guangdong, it was clean up time for local residents and armed forc

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

文本: Not once but twice, Julius Caesar's plans were sabotaged by that perennial secret weapon of the British, the weather. On the first go-round in 55 BC, a cavalry transport which had already missed the high tide and got itself four days late,

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

My name is Nelson Mandela. I'm Mandela! You are Winnie Madikizela. __________1___________. And you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I heard you have a lot of girlfriends. I'm different. This is your final warning! They're not breaking any l

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

EMILY:Igoogled Friendship on the interwebs. Apparently, when you have afight with a friend... You're supposed to apologize. NOLEN: Word of advice-- leave the joke cracking to me. Yousuck at it. EMILY:Andthe apologizing, how am I doing there? NO

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

NOLAN: Youcrossed the line, Emily. How could you do that to me? EMILY: If youmean that recording of you and Tyler, you'll thank me one day. I did you afavor. NOLAN: But I trustedyou. EMILY: You can'tbuild trust on secrets, Nolan. You should know that

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

July 30th 1975Former Teamsters Union president Jimmy Hoffa disappears in suburban Detroit. His son James P. Hoffa: The circumstances involved in the disappearance lead us to the conclusion that we'll never see him again. Although Hoffa is presumed de

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2015年

Imagine you have this very unpleasant choice. So, you can either watch your phone tumble to the ground and shatter into a million pieces or you can have a small bone in your hand broken. 想象一下如果你现在有一个不得不做的选择的话。

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Topic 1-Pregnant woman on Beijing subway A pregnant woman has caused havoc in the Beijing subway when nobody would give up their seat for her. Incidents of aggression at Beijings busy subway line may be nothing new. But is it a proper way to block th

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Idiom: Pull sth out of the fire ( save ) Hit the book: Evil Shed fats Embrace Tyrant Slumber Overzealous Supportive Havoc Toss Lose Weight Tactic 1: Be stressed at work Nothing helps you lose weight more than stress. Stress is evil but duh, if you wa

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain 我们争执过,我们亲密过,我们已经心力交瘁 We jumped, never asking why 我们的感情进行的太快,却从来没有问过对方为什么。 We kissed, I fell under your spell 我们拥吻过

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

The other Greek cities followed her example with the exception of tiny Plataea which sent a thousand men. On the twelfth of September of the year 490, Miltiades, the Athenian commander, threw this little army against the hordes of the Persians. The G

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: By warming up the planet, we are, among many other things, breaking up the team that built the ocean's most diverse ecosystem. But bleached corals don't necessarily die. What happens next depends

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文