The pigeons, terrified by the appearance of a Kite, called upon the Hawk to defend them. He at once consented. When they had admitted him into the cote, they found that he made more havoc and slew a larger number of them in one day than the Kite coul

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 Aesop’s Fables-伊索寓言

A fallen tree crushes a car in London On 16th October 1987, southern Britain was hit by hurricane force winds , the worst storm to occur in Britain since 1703. Twenty years on, Britain is remembering the devastation caused by what came to be known a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(178) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Lord Justice Leveson says the British media has wreaked havoc on the lives of innocent people for decades. After a year long inquiry into that country's press standards, the Leveson report calls for tougher self-regulation of the industry. Now Britis

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

1. The surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction to kill. Its a crime that carries a possible death sentence. The charges represent a decision by the White House to try Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(四月)

介绍: How many times do you check your Moments or Facebook page in a day to see whether your latest post has got another like or thumbs up? 你一天会检查多少次你的朋友圈或脸书,查看你最新发布的状态是否得到了他人的喜

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 《学会英语发音》初阶英语拼读系列 第六册

abandon n. 放任,纵情 Antipodes n. 新西兰和澳大利亚(英) bequeath v. 把...传给 burrow v. 挖、掘 carrier n. 带菌者 confine n. 范围 devastation n. 破坏,劫掠 domesticate v. 驯养 drastically ad. 大幅度地 enterprisi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册单词MP3

Jessica 在北京学汉语,她的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教她。今天是吴琼要问的:小三。 Jessica: Wuqiong, 给我介绍一部好看的中文电视剧吧! WQ: 嗯......最近很流行小

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

迷你对话: A:My son is alway complaining that Idump onhim. He was very rude and told me to mind my own business. I cannot put up with that. 我的儿子总是抱怨我对他太挑剔了,他很不客气,让我管好自己就行了,我真是受

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

Todd: So, Alexandra you were talking about a hurricane. What hurricane were you talking about? Alex: I was talking about Hurricane Andrew, and as I said before, it was a category 5 hurricane. I was not in the city when it came through, however I did

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

美联社,新闻一分钟,hurricane,Katrina,Iraq,1 Devastation across the Gulf Coast from Hurricane Katrina is described as 'overwhelming' and 'greater than worst fears'. 2 In Iraq, the US ambassador suggests the draft constitution may see still mor

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

[00:01]E:Why would I sabotage my own project? [00:03]J:You tell us. You will be allowed the privilege to prove your innocence. [00:08]If you didn't blow up, find out who did. [00:11]And Motherwould like me to show you the ropes. [00:14]He'd like

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

A colonial area treaty drawn up by the British awarded Egypt the rights to 66 percent of the river's entire flow. Ethiopia, where the majority of the water in the Nile originates got none. -We are hugely remote part of the plan here, but make no mist

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Beneath its adorable exterior is your cat hiding the heart of killer.Researchers now estimated that each year domestic cats kill billions of birds and mammals in the United States alone.The report is in Nature Communications.We already knew that dome

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

Happy birthday.You look so beautiful tonight. Thank you. This is for you. Oh,you're so sweet. Why not open it? Sure.Oh,It's a cat.It's so cute. Don,I really don't know how to thank you. I'm glad you like it. Her name's Lily. This's a real nice name.

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Mail Online: charities have warned that one million elderly people in Britain are chronically lonely, with many not seeing or even speaking to someone every day. 孤单寂寞冷的全球效应 Almost a quarter of those aged over 75 who live alone go

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Always love to welcome Louis-Dreyfus back to GMA, shes up now for a forth Emmy this year for a star-churning lead, shes also gonna moving a new film out this week, its called Enough Said. And Julia stars obstacle late James Gandolfini. Two divorced p

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

今天我们要学的词是devastate。 Devastate, 是破坏的意思。8月29号是卡特里娜飓风来袭两周年的日子。媒体报导说,Two years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, there is still much work t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

A Beijing resident surnamed Chen struck a chord on the Internet when in April he posted his experience online. He was asked by a travel agency to provide a certificate to prove that his mother is his real mother, as he put his mother as the emergency

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

今天我们要学的词是 Holocaust. Holocaust 名词,犹太人大屠杀。Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke at the opening ceremony of Holocaust Remembrance Day at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial. 以色列总理内塔尼亚胡在犹

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃