Another difficulty with giving a Harvard commencement address is that some students may disapprove of the fact that I will borrow material from previous speeches, as well from others. I ask that you forgive me for two reasons. 在哈佛大学毕业典礼

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

However, my parents, both of whom came from impoverished backgrounds and neither of whom had been to college, took the view that my overactive imagination was an amusing personal quirk that would never pay a mortgage, or secure a pension. 然而, 我

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

And you know, what struck me when I first met Barack was that even though he had this funny name, and even though he had grown up all the way across the continent in Hawaii, his family was so much like mine. He was raised by grandparents who were wor

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Life is too short, time is too precious, and the stakes are too high to dwell on what might have been. We have to work together for what still can be. And that is why I will work my heart out to make sure that Senator Obama is our next president. And

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Now, think how much progress we've already made. When we first started, people everywhere asked the same questions. Could a woman really serve as commander-in-clief? Well, I think we answered that one. 现在,想想我们已经取得了多大的进步

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Together, we will reclaim America's schools, before ignorance and apathy claim more young lives. 我们要共同努力,改革美国的教育体制,不能让无知和冷漠吞噬更多年轻的生命。 We will reform Social Security and Medicare,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

There must be an end to white monopoly on political power and a fundamental restructuring of our political and economic systems to ensure that the inequalities of apartheid are addressed and our society thoroughly democratized. 由白人垄断政治权

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

I pay tribute I pay tribute to the many religious communities who carried the campaign for justice forward when the organizations of our people were silenced. 我向众多宗教团体致敬,在我们的组织被压制得鸦雀无声时,他们挺身

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

President Hoover, Mister Chief Justice, my friends: 胡佛总统,首席法官先生,朋友们: This is a day of national consecration, and I am certain that on this day, my fellow Americans expect that on my induction in the Presidency I will a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

In such a spirit on my part and on yours, we face our common difficulties. They concern, thank God, only material things. Values have shrunken to fantastic levels; taxes have risen, our ability to pay has fallen; government of all kinds is faced by s

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

I salute combatants of Umkhonto we Sizwe, like Solomon Mahlangu and Ashley Kriel, who have paid the ultimate price for the freedom of all South Africans. 我向民族之矛的战士们如所罗门马赫兰古和艾希莉柯瑞尔致敬,他们为了全

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

I extend special greetings to the people of Cape Town, the city through whichwhich has been my home for three decades. Your mass marches and other forms of struggle have served as a constant source of strength to all political. It has fulfilled our e

My friends, comrades, and fellow South Africans: I greet you all in the name of peace, democracy, and freedom for all. I stand here before you not as a prophet but as a humble servant of you, the people. Your tireless and heroic sacrifices have made

But it may be that an unprecedented demand and need for underlay action may call for temporary departure from that normal balance of public procedure. 但现在前所未有的对紧急行动的需要要求国民暂时丢弃平常生活节奏,紧迫起

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Did you study nursing? Go understaffed clinics and hospitals across this country are desperate for your help. 你们是学护理专业的吗?那就去一些人手不够的诊所和医院,那里正迫切需要你们的加入。 Did you study educa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Other classes have received their diplomas in times of trial and upheaval, when the very foundations of our lives, the old order has been shaken, the old ideas and institutions have crumbled, and a new generation is called upon to remake the world. 而

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive. You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversit

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I know the irony strikes like with the force of a cartoon anvil now, but... 我现在明白了反讽就像用卡通铁砧去打击你,但 So they had hoped that I would take a vocational degree; I wanted to study English literature. A compromise wa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

And think about the friends who never got the chance to go to college but were still invested in your successfriends who talked you out of dropping out, friends who kept you out of trouble so that you could graduate on time, friends who forced you to

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

You must bend down and let someone else stand on your shoulders so that they can see a brighter future. 你们必须弯下腰来让别人站在你们的肩膀上,让他们看到更加灿烂的未来。 As advocate and activist Marian Wright Edelman

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲