It can be helped by insistence that the federal, the state, and the local government act forthwith on the demands that their costs be drastically reduce. It can be helped by the unifying of relief activities which today are often scattered, uneconomi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

This, I propose to offer, we are going to larger purposes, bind upon us, bind upon us all, as a sacred obligation with a unity of duty, hitherto evoked only in times of armed strife. 我倡议,为了更伟大的目标,我们所有的人,以一致

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

It is the way to recovery, it is the immediate way, it is the strongest assurance that recovery will endure. 这才是复苏之路,是即时之路,是保证复苏功效持久之路。 In the field of world policy, I would dedicate this nation to

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

As a Ph. D. student, I actually had three projects I wanted to work on. Thank goodness my advisor said, why don't you work on the web for a while. He gave me some seriously good advice because the web was really growing with people and activity, even

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

It was a futuristic way of solving our transportation problem. I still think a lot about transportation--you never loose a dream, it just incubates as a hobby. Many things that people labor hard to do now, like cooking, cleaning, and driving will req

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

My Grandpa used to carry an Alley Oop hammer--a very iron pipe with a big hunk of lead melted on the end. The workers made them during the sit-down strikes to protect themselves. When I was growing up, we used that hammer whenever we needed to pound

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Everyone in my family went to school here at Michigan: me, my brother, my Mom and Dad--all of us. My Dad actually got the quantity discount: all three and a half of his degrees are from here. His Ph.D. was in Communication Science because they though

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

And sometimes I wouldn't read the copy, and I'd be--because I wanted to be spontaneous--and I'd come across a list of words I didn't know and I'd mispronounce. And one day I was reading copy and I called Canada Cah-Nah-Dah. And I did just that. I cra

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

So, I say to you, forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you. 因此我要对你们说,忘掉那些快车道吧。

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

So, in 1987, Tennessee State University invited me back to speak at their commencement. By then, I had my own show, was nationally syndicated. I'd made a movie, had been nominated for an Oscar and founded my company, Harpo. But I told them, I cannot

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

So, Dr. King said, Not everybody can be famous. But everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service. Yet, those of you who are history scholars may know the rest of that passage. He said, You don't have to have a college degree to

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

But her advice to me at Yale graduation was Follow your Bliss. I was hoping for something a little more specific, like plastics. What, plastic? You like plastic? All right. In retrospect, follow your bliss was pretty good advice. My mom didn't actual

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Members of the Class of 2006, friends, faculty, parents, members of the Taliban: Thank you very much. What? What? Oh, come on. Come on. What are you going to do, bury me up to my head in the sand? Something, come on. Hey, I've been there. I've been t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Tomorrow, in a very real sense, your life--the life you author from scratch on your own--begins. 明天,非常现实地说,你们的人生你们从零塑造自己的人生即将开启。 How will you use your gifts? What choices will you make? 你们

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Your smarts will come in handy because you will travel in a land of marvels. We humans, plodding as we are, will astonish ourselves. We'll invent ways to generate clean energy and a lot of it. Atom by atom, we'll assemble small machines that will ent

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

At that age, I'd take any excuse to make estimates and do minor arithmetic. I'd calculate our gas mileage--figure out useless statistics on things like grocery spending. I'd been hearing an ad campaign about smoking. I can't remember the details, but

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

If my Dad was alive today, the thing I think he would be most happy about is that Lucy and I have a baby in the hopper. I think he would been annoyed that I hadn't gotten my Ph. D yet (thanks, Michigan!). Dad was so full of insights, of excitement ab

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

In late March 1996, soon after I had moved to Stanford for grad school, my Dad had difficultly breathing and was driven to the hospital. Two months later, he died. I was completely devastated. Many years later, after a startup, after falling in love,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

名校励志英语演讲 第151期:跨越物质的藩篱 让世界今非昔比(8)We too often let the external, the material things, serve as indicators that we're doing well, even though something inside us tells us that we're not doing our best; th

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

But I would encourage you to call upon the same hope and hard work that brought you to this day. Call upon that optimism and tenacity that built the University of California at Merced to invest in the future of Merced in your own towns all across thi

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲