Harriet: Thank you for bringing me here Hong, this place looks great! Harriet: 谢谢你带我到这儿来,红。这地方看起来太好了。 Hong: Youre welcome. Would you like some cold dishes? Hong: 不客气。你要凉菜吗? Harriet: Let me see. How about the lotus roo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

If everyone in the world was a vegetarian, I think the world would be a better place. There simply isnt enough land any more for cows and sheep to feed on. We are losing too many forests because farmers want more land to raise cows so we can eat beef

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-V

Unit 56 Become a vegetarian. Unit 56 改吃素吧 A vegetarian diet incorporated into a low-calorie diet can increase energy-producing protein while keeping fat content low,according to a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Associa

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 减肥瘦身英语口语话题

A: I was wondering if I could order something to drink. B:Yes, we have alcoholic beverages as well as coffee, tea, or soda. A: How much do drinks cost? B:Our alcoholic beverages are five dollars each. All others are complimentary. A:When will our mea

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游-Travel

哈皮和安德鲁今天讨论的话题是素食主义者,一般餐厅都会为素食主义者提供特别的饭菜.... Harp: Basically a vegetarian is someone who doesnt eat meat. Andrew: Thats right. They dont eat meat. Theyre open to eating othe

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Becoming a Vegetarian/Vegan Ashley: Im thinking of becoming a vegetarian. I think it would be the ethical thing to do. Paul: Are you going to eat eggs and dairy? If youre doing this for ethical reasons, you really should avoid anything made with anim

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Dialogue: 大明: 何亚君,今天我们以5小时16分58秒的净时间完成了你的首个全程马拉松,感觉怎么样? 何亚君:非常兴奋, 再你们的帮助下,我终于完成了我的马拉松之梦,这让我看到了光明!感

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

World Vegetarian Day is held every year on October the 1st. It was started in the USA by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS). Many countries have similar celebrations held on different days. They all celebrate the benefits of eating a plant-

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

US Officials: Instability in Africa a Challenge to War on Terror At public curing, the intelligence officials said Africa has become a recruiting ground for Islamic extremists. They expressed concern

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

到异国品尝美食可说是旅游的乐趣之一,然而,若是语言不通,大概就很难品尝餐厅最受好评的菜色了。因此,学會基本点餐说法,适当的询问服务生,并表达自己喜好,包管可以让自己吃得

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语

AS IT IS 2016-11-17 Have You Seen the Mannequin Challenge? 外国社交媒体兴起模仿塑料模特挑战 This is Whats Trending Today. 这是今天的新闻。 A mannequin is a plastic model used in clothing stores. 人体模型是服装店用来展

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

公关部主任Janet Liu召集下属开会,询问中东代表团的活动安排。上次说到,不同宗教有不同的饮食习惯:穆斯林吃Halal,犹太人吃 Kosher。让我们听听Janet还有什么建议。 Janet Liu: And you might als

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

1. apparently,显然地。 eg:He was apparently much surprised at the news. 他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。 2. oftentimes,往往;常常;和后面的more often than not的意思差不多。 eg:Oftentimes, developers leave themselve

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

每周电视讲话:共同努力,正视财政挑战 华盛顿:在本周的讲话中,奥巴马总统号召两党在这非常时期共同努力,寻求一个具有实际意义,均衡的方案降低财政赤字,在不侵害对经济增长和创

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Analysts Say Abbas Faces Serious Challenges in Mideast Peace Process Mahmoud Abbas has to tackle several major issues as the newly-elected President of the Palestinian Authority. Experts on Middle Eas

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

Cambridge University has inspired some incredible careers with its huge list of famous students. Just streets away, Sixth Form pupils of Hills Rd College are feeling so certain about their future. It's critical that this government goes ahead and sla

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

餐厅点餐篇 到异国品尝美食可说是旅游的乐趣之一,然而,若是语言不通,大概就很难品尝餐厅最受好评的菜色了。因此,学会基本点餐说法,适当的询问服务生,并表达自己喜好,包管可以

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Business: Food technology Liquid lunch 商业:食品科技,液体午餐 A startup called Soylent wants to change the way people consume calories. 成立不久的Soylent绿色食品生产公司想要改变人们消耗卡路里的方式。 One shou

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

I incline to be a vegetarian. 我倾向于做一个素食主义者。 A:Kid,our supper is ready! 孩子们,我们的晚餐准备好了! B:Good.Let's start with our dinner. 好的,让我们开动吧。 A:Would you pass me the mustard,Susan? 苏珊

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

本期内容: Questions about vampires in Poland and vegetarian sausages are among the most bizarre phone calls made to consular staff, the Foreign Office has said. It has compiled the strangest calls from Britons abroad in 2018 in a bid to remind

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读