Cambodia Inaugurates Memorial for Genocide Victims 柬埔寨悼念大屠杀的受害者 PHNOM PENH On Thursday a memorial was unveiled in Phnom Penh to the thousands of men, women and children who were brought to Cambodias notorious S-21 prison betwe

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(三月)

But I had a childhood, and I was allowed to make mistakes and find my own way in the world without the glare of the spotlight. 我是有童年的,而我也可以在镁光灯照不到的、属于我的世界里犯错和做我自己。 When I first h

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

He performed in soccer stadiums around the world, he sold hundreds of millions of records, he dined with prime ministers and presidents. Girls fell in love with him, boys fell in love with him, everyone wanted to dance like him. He seemed otherworldl

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Thank you! Thank you! 谢谢你们!谢谢你们! Michael Jackson was born in August 1958. So was I. Michael Jackson grew up in the suburbs of the Midwest. So did I. Michael Jackson had eight brothers and sisters. So do I. When Michael Jackson was

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

The Chinese community is in mourning in Italy. Shops are closed and a funeral is to be held Thursday, after a Chinese father and his nine-month-old daughter were gunned down in a robbery that went horribly wrong. 意大利的华人社团悼念在一次

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年1月

Australia is mourning the deaths of several mining executives, including billionaire tycoon Ken Talbot, in a plane crash in West Africa. The entire management board of Sundance Resources was wiped out in the accident, leaving the company in crisis. 澳

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年6月

Poland is preparing for state funerals for President Lech Kaczynski and his wife, and is awaiting the repatriation of the bodies of many of its political and military elite - all killed in a plane crash in western Russia on Saturday. Many Poles are s

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年4月

The death of Michael Jackson has been greeted with a heightened sense of sadness in Britain, where the King of Pop had planned to stage an ambitious series of 50 concerts as part of a long awaited comeback. 迈克尔.杰克逊的死讯在英国引起了

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年6月

AZUZ: Yesterday at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia, U.S. President Donald Trump took part of the ceremonial wreath-laying at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It's one of the traditions of Memorial Day, a time to remember and honor Americans w

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年7月

Our coverage starts in the South American country of Venezuela. It's economy is crumbling and thousands of people there are flooding out into neighboring nations like Brazil and Columbia, who are trying to figure out what to do about the refugees. Ve

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年9月

President Bush Attends Dedication of 9/11 Pentagon Memorial THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Mr. Vice President; Secretary Gates; Madam Speaker; Justices of the Supreme Court; members of my Cabinet and administration; members of Congress; Admiral Mulle

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Mourning continues in Mumbai as the city limps back to normal after militant attacks that killed about 175 people and injured more than 300 others. Among the funerals and memorial services was a remembrance for a rabbi and his wife who were killed in

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

今天我们要学的词是in the line of duty。 In the line of duty意思是在执行公务的时候。North Carolina firefighters honored their comrades who were killed in the line of duty last year, 北卡罗来纳州的消防队员悼念了去年在

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

This week in Libya, we lost four of our fellow Americans. 本周,在利比亚,我们失去了四位美国同胞。 Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods, Sean Smith, and Chris Stevens were all killed in an outrageous attack on our diplomatic post in Benghaz

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

President Obama says that last night's tragedy in Colorado reminds us of all the ways that we are united as one American family, and commits the Federal government to doing whatever is necessary to bring whoever is responsible to justice and ensure t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Mandela Mourners Seek Closure at Robben Island 罗本岛的曼德拉悼念活动即将结束 ROBBEN ISLAND, SOUTH AFRICA After 10 days of official mourning, Nelson Mandelas body has been laid to rest. On Robben Island off Cape Town, where Mandela was

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

Some had queued all day even if it was partly the draw of Barack Obama. This was remarkable show of unity from the city of Tucson, their way of honoring the victims. At that moment across town, the President was in the hospital where the survivors in

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Chinese president Xi Jinping has issued a new call to increase the combat-readiness of this country's troops. Xi Jinping, who is also the Chair of the Central Military Commission, also says greater civil-military integration is needed. The comments h

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台