爱无止境 Love without Measure Freda Bright says, Only in opera do people die of love. Its true. You really cant love somebody to death. Ive known people to die from no love, but Ive never known anyone to be loved to death. We just cant love one a

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

What Are You Doing on New Year's Eve? In America, the best-known place to be on December thirty-first is Times Square in New York City. Hundreds of thousands of people gather in the cold. They crowd together and wait for midnight. The people count do

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

Under Southern Skies Nikki Webster There's a peace in our hearts and a hope in our hands We're a family of children. We come from many different lands Our time is just beginning, our race is yet to ru

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(180) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运歌曲

The ancient spring festival of Nowruz is currently being celebrated around the world, by, among others, Afghans, Azeris, Americans, Chinese, Iraqis, Kurds, Pakistanis, Persians, and the peoples of Central Asia. 全球各地正在庆祝诺鲁兹节,也

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(三月)

AS IT IS 2014-03-22 The UN Celebrates Agriculture! 联合国庆祝农业生产 Hello and welcome to As It Is from VOA Learning English! Im Anna Matteo in Washington. On todays As It Is, we will hear two agricultural stories that have something in com

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(三)月

抛招:I was on cloud nine after I learned that I had just passed the exam. 我听说考试刚巧及格,高兴得不得了。 抛招:My wife has been on cloud nine since I told her the other day I would spend my year-end bonus at the office to

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

Hi, everybody. I'm at Millennium Steel in Princeton, Indiana, to have a town hall with workers on National Manufacturing Day. Because in many ways, manufacturing is the quintessential middle-class job. And after a decade of losing jobs, American manu

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Hi, everybody. I'm at Millennium Steel in Princeton, Indiana, to have a town hall with workers on National Manufacturing Day. Because in many ways, manufacturing is the quintessential middle-class job. And after a decade of losing jobs, American manu

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

今天我们要学的词是trump。 Trump, 胜过。 Florida Republican governor-elect Rick Scott said the nation's deficit trumped his own state's unemployment rate, 佛罗里达州新当选的共和党籍州长斯科特说,国家赤字比本州失业

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

World Cup Celebrations Subdued in Rio Working Class Neighborhood 世界杯庆祝在里约热内卢工人阶级社区遇冷 RIO DE JANEIRO Football fever is building as Brazil prepares to launch the 2014 World Cup on Thursday, but celebrations in some

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

俄罗斯在经济危机中庆祝新年 WASHINGTON Despite dire predictions about Russia's economy for 2015, many Russians welcomed the New Year with cheers and hopes for a better future. With the sinking value of the ruble, some people say they crav

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(三月)

The United States observes Veterans Day November 11, a national holiday to remember and honor military veterans of all wars. Veterans Day dates back to the end of World War I in 1918. This year it falls less than two months before all U.S. troops are

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年11月

A: Do you have any plans for Veterans Day? B: You mean Armistice Day. A: Well, as you know, on November 11th the allies signed a peace treaty with the Germans, also known as the Armistice Treaty. This marked the end of WWI and many countries around t

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

It was the Fourth of July. It came once a year. It is a day of celebration. It was Tom's favorite holiday. Tom bought many fireworks. His family had gathered together. They were all on his front yard. His nephew was excited. He was six years old. He

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

Hollywood Celebrates 100th Birthday of Stanley Kramer 好莱坞庆祝Stanley Kramer诞辰100周年 LOS ANGELES This month, Hollywood celebrates the 100th birthday of producer and director Stanley Kramer - who made controversial films and explored the

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

(Got no boundaries and no limits...) The Madonna hitting the big 50 is just an excuse for a party. (Give it to get the love, arrest me...) But even she is not planning to pause for a reflection, an icon reaching the half century milestone prompts muc

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

歌词: AK, new day AK, auu! Party people say, party people say Ay, its a new day, it's a new day The world is getting ready, everybody's ready, yeah For a new day, for a new day Celebrate and say, ay, ay, ay, ay It's alright to feel however you wa

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

今天我们要学的词是commemorate。Commemorate动词,意思是庆祝、纪念。 U.S. President Donald Trump said it is so foolish for American cities to be removing statues commemorating Confederate generals and soldiers who fought on the lo

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

中澳两国庆祝签订具有里程碑意义的自由贸易协定 China, Australia Celebrate Landmark FTA The deal has been signed at a ceremony in Canberra, capping off a decade of negotiations. Chinese Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng says the free t

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台