CHRISTINA: Liz, do you have a minute? LIZ: Yes, of course. What is it? CHRISTINA: I need you to help me set up for my presentation Thursday morning. LIZ: Okay, what should I do? CHRISTINA: Well, it isn't at this office. It's over at the Dayton Stree

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(210) / 评论(0) 分类 商贸英语口语

AS IT IS 2015-06-11 Changing Lives One Cup of Coffee at a Time 一杯咖啡改变生活 Denver, Colorado is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. It also has one of the biggest populations of homeless young people. A Denver coffee s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-13 Out-of-this-World Espresso for Astronauts 为宇航员准备的浓缩咖啡 Italian-style espresso coffee has a large public following around the world. Many people have given up traditional coffee and have turned to this thicker

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

poutine: 蘸奶酪西红柿酱的薯条 double-double: 加拿大地区咖啡的双料咖啡,加双份奶油,双份糖 meal:在文中指的是套餐 Customer: Can I get a Big Mac, a poutine, and a large coffee double-double. Me: Alright, so I will

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I prefer tea. 我更喜欢喝茶。 I prefer tea. 我更喜欢喝茶。 Black tea or green tea? 红茶还足绿茶? It keeps me up. 它会令我失眠的。 A cup of coffee? 来杯咖啡吗? Oh, no, thanks. It keeps me up. 哦,不了,谢谢。它

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

unit 240 西餐点菜(8) dialogue 英语情景对话 A:How is your appetite today? A:今天的胃口怎么样? B:I'm rather hungry now. /I'm extremely hungry. /I'm starving. B:我饿极了。 A:What would you like to have? A:您想吃点什么?

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(208) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

讲解文本: get out of your way 从你的眼前消失 -Come in and have some coffee 进来喝杯咖啡吧。 -Its still work time, I will get out of your way. 你还在上班呢,我就不打扰啦。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

From VOA Learning English, this is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in Special English. Im Avi Arditti. And Im Faith Lapidus. Today, we report on caffeine and two popular drinks: tea and coffee. We tell about a study that found black tea is better for your health

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Pretty please? Okay, Ill try. She stands up, slowly. This is the year Clare got tall, quickly. In the past year she has grown five inches, and she has not yet become accustomed to her new body. Breasts and legs and hips, all newly minted. I try not t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Some artists work in charcoal, others watercolor and some use ... foam? 有的艺术家用炭笔、有的用水彩,还有些用泡沫? Melannie Aquino works at the Elite Audio Coffee Bar in downtown San Francisco. Like many baristas, she began expe

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

讲解 Today's key word is Versus Versus V-e-r-s-u-s 对,与...相对 我们经常用到的VS的全称就是Versus. It is a Latin word meaning 'against'. Normally, we use versus to show that two ideas or things are opposed(对立的). Here is an ex

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

远离起床气 It's All About The Smell 气味可以唤醒一切 Those old coffee commercials you might remember from childhood were actually pretty dead-on. 那些老的咖啡广告,完全可以让你回忆起你年代久远的童年。 If you wa

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

【原文】 Some people cannot imagine starting the day without a cup of coffee. From the most fashionable cafes of Paris to the breakfast stands lining the streets of Taipei, coffee has firmly established itself as one of the world's favorite bever

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Business 商业报道 Starbucks 星巴克 Just add water 加水即成 The ailing giant turns to instant coffee for a pick-me-up 亏损巨头靠速溶咖啡来提神 NO ONE can accuse Howard Schultz of inaction since he returned as chief executive of

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine. 大千世界里有那么多酒吧,她偏偏来我家了。 This coffee's terrible, Oliver. 这咖啡真难喝,奥利弗。 That's what you get for ordering coffee in a

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

When he told me he was leaving I felt like a vase which has just smashed. There were pieces of me all over the tidy, tan tiles. He kept talking, telling me why he was leaving, explaining it was for the best, I could do better, it was his fault and no

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

9 DRINKS 软饮料非酒精饮料 soft drinks/beverages coffee 咖啡 black coffee 不加牛奶的咖啡/清咖啡 decaffeinated coffee 无咖啡因的咖啡 white coffee 牛奶咖啡 coffee with cream and sugar 加奶加糖的咖啡 instant coffee 速

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

unit 382 生日祝福 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Thanks for inviting me. And happy birthday, Julia. A:朱莉亚,谢谢你邀请我,生日快乐。 B:Many thanks for your present. I'm so glad you are able to come. B:非常谢谢你的礼物。我

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(209) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

释义: get me (you) something 给我(你)拿某物 get 为给某人拿某物的意思,单纯表示拿东西或给某人买东西。也可以写成 get sth for me (you)。 例句: Please get me some coffee. 请给我一杯咖啡。 Would yo

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 外国人日常短语

Hi, I'm William Gross from Joe's Manhattan, and I'm here for About.com. 嗨,我是曼哈顿Joe's咖啡的William Gross,而我是为了About.com来到这里。 Today I'm going to demonstrate how to make a Latte Art. 今天我要展示如何做出拉

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情