A: It's taking you forever to do my hair. B: Give me a minute. A: You should've been done already. B: There you go. A: I don't think that you're done. B: What's wrong? A: My hair looks hideous. B: What's so bad about it? A: It doesn't look good at al

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

Unit 118 ugly 丑的,丑陋的,难看的 terrible 可怕的,骇人的,令人恐怖的 strange 奇怪的,奇异的,奇特的 awful 可怕的,糟透的 poor 贫困的 贫穷的 Unit 119 afraid 害怕的, 畏惧的

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

Shopping for Men's Shoes Curran: I like these tennis shoes. I need a new pair. Beth: We?re here to buy you some dress shoes for attending Chelsey?s wedding. You can?t go wearing those worn out loafers, and you need time to break them in. Curran: All

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

7.The Libido for the Ugly H. L. Mencken 1 On a Winter day some years ago, coming out of Pittsburgh on one of the expresses of the Pennsylvania Railroad, I rolled eastward for an hour through the coal and steel towns of Westmoreland county. It was fam

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Negative Factual Information Questions,一般译作否定事实信息题,有时也被称为反向事实信息题、排除列举题或选非题,在阅读十大题型中出错率一直较高。出错的原因,往往被简单归结于粗心大意。

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Stranger:Don't you hate flying? 陌生人:你不讨厌坐飞机吗? An:Yes I do. And I just told the most terrible one to the man I'm about to marry. Do you feel that any lie is a betrayal? 安:不,我很讨厌,而且我刚刚跟我的未婚夫撒

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

ELENA:Sorry for barging in. Especially after earlier. STEFAN: No, no. I'm gladyou're here. The way we left things... I didn't like it. ELENA:See, the thing is, I got home tonight planning on doing what I always do, writein my diary, like I have been

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Lisa grew up in a huge family. She had six older sisters. All of them were very beautiful. This made Lisa feel very bad. She knew she looked nothing like them. Lisa had even heard people say she was the ugly sister. As teens the girls spent every wee

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

必背句型: A:What did the chairman of the tribunal asked to do? 审判长要求做什么? B:The chairman of the tribunal asked to see all the facts on the income tax claim. 审判长要求考虑所有有关所得税主张的事实。 The chairma

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Medical Myths and Facts You've read them before and these health tips have been passed down over generations, but do they really work? We applied modern science to some of the most often repeated word

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

Negative Factual Information Questions,一般译作否定事实信息题,有时也被称为反向事实信息题、排除列举题或选非题,在阅读十大题型中出错率一直较高。出错的原因,往往被简单归结于粗心大意。

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

男人强励志英文 Spare No Efforts in Doing Things Concentration and perseverance built the great pyramids on Egypt's plains . The matter of a single trade can sppuort a family.The master of seven trades cannot support himself. Now I know that in

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 男人强励志英文

D: (Helen walks to the wash room.) Helen: Hic! I've got three hours to get rid of these hideous hiccups! Fortunately, they'll never miss me first hour in study hall...Hic! (In the wash room) Helen: I'll try drinking some water...Ahh...! Much better a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第一册

A: What do you think of this one? B: Eh, so so. A: And this one? Too flashy? B: Nah, not too flashy. A: Uhg! And this sweater from my aunt? Isnt it hideous? B: I guess. A: Are you even listening? Im trying to have a conversation with you. B: And Im t

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

All at once his arm shot forward and the harpoon was launched. I heard the weapon collide resonantly, as if it had hit some hard substance. 忽然,他的胳膊使劲地一伸,鱼叉投了出去。我听到鱼叉发出响亮的声音,像是碰上了

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Imagine you have this very unpleasant choice. So, you can either watch your phone tumble to the ground and shatter into a million pieces or you can have a small bone in your hand broken. 想象一下如果你现在有一个不得不做的选择的话。

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Brenda: Its fun shopping for a new cell phone, dont you think? Yoji: Sure, but I just need one with the bare basics . Brenda: Not me. I want one thats top-of-the-line . My old phone was cheap and flimsy , and it started acting up after only a few mon

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: What makes a good horror story? Sure, you could throw in some hideous monsters, fountains of blood, and things jumping out from every corner, but as classic horror author H.P. Lovecraft wrote, Th

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: From an early age we're taught we need to be strong, independent and brave. We need to hide our emotions, not say how we're feeling, bottle up what's going on inside. 从小我们就被教导着应

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

A few paces away, a monstrous, meter-high sea spider was staring at me with beady eyes, poised to spring at me. 离我们几步远的地方,有一只高一米的梅蜘蛛,斜着眼注视我,就要向我身上扑来。 Although my diving suit wa

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物