??Introduction:Listen! Do you hear someone crying? The prophet Elisha did! Perhaps the poor woman met him as Elisha was traveling. The woman was the wife of one of the sons of the prophets whom Elisha would have known. ??Body:She began to tel

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 少儿圣经故事

whoever 谁,无论是谁 whole 完整的,全体的,全部 wholly 完全的,全部 whom 谁 whose 谁的 why 为什么 wicked 坏的,邪恶的 wide 宽阔的,全部的 widen 加宽,变宽 widespread 分布广的,普遍的 widow 寡妇

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语四级词汇拼读版

1 Timothy 5 1 Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, 2 older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity. 3 Give proper recognition to those widows who are

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 提摩太前书

Spider Widows 蜘蛛寡妇 Spiders give many of us the shivers, though they usually leave people alone. Sometimes these spectacular predators instead prey on each other. Learn more about when spiders serve themselves as dinner -- today on Earth and Sky.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 (科普英语)Earth and Sky

AS IT IS 2016-03-30 Widow of Russian Spy Fights for Justice The widow of a murdered Russian spy continues to try to bring her husbands killers to justice. Marina Litvinenko is the widow of Alexander Litvinenko. She spoke at the VOA offices this month

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

24If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, 2and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 申命记

Social Relations Susan Nick and Susan had been childhood sweethearts. Now, Nick collected enough courage to ask her the most important of all questions. There are quite a lot of advantages to being single. He began, but there comes a time when you lo

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 人人说英语高级

Jeff Peters and Andy Tucker could never be trusted. One day, the two men decided to open a marriage business to make some quick and easy money. The first thing they did was to write an advertisement to be published in newspapers. Their advertisement

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

笑话原文 Jack decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. They loaded up Jack's mini-van and headed north. After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard. They pulled into a n

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

AS IT IS 2016-02-07 Islamic State Widow Shames IS Leaders The wife of a dead Islamic State fighter has voiced rare criticism of the terror groups leaders. The woman, who calls herself al-Muhajirah, posted a letter online. In the letter, she complaine

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Black Widow - Iggy AzaleaRita Ora I'm gonna love ya 我要爱你 Until you hate me 直到你讨厌我 And I'm gonna show ya 我要告诉你 What's really crazy 什么是真正的疯狂 You should've known better 你应该知道 Than to mess with me h

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

'The Exact Science of Matrimony' by O.Henry 婚姻的科学 by 欧亨利Our story today is called “The Exact Science of Matrimony.” It was written by O. Henry. Here is Barbara Klein with the story.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

By Scott Herron Ken Schwartz Washington 12 July 2007 A former first lady of the United States -- Lady Bird Johnson -- has died. She was 94. A family spokeswoman says the widow of President Lyndon B. Johnson died Wednesday at her home in Austin, Texas

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Now, I could have taken to Twitter with the hashtag #WheresGamora, like millions of fans did across the world, 现在,我可以在Twitter上发#加美拉去哪儿了,就像世界各地成千上万的粉丝们一样。 but the truth was I wasn't

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

1. let后接第一人称 Let's have a look. 让我看一下。 Let's take a taxi! 让我们坐出租车吧! Let's give you a hand. 让我帮助你。 Let's paint it ourselves. 我们自己来刷漆。 Let's take a taxi, shall we? 我们坐出租车好吗

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Widow's weeds: 寡妇的黑色丧服 时隔多年,再忆电影《飘》,印象最深的竟是郝斯佳身着黑色丧服、脚却跟着音乐的节拍在跳舞 英语中,寡妇的黑色丧服可用widow's weeds来表示。 很明显,weeds在此

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

A woman went into a funeral home to make arrangements for her husband's funeral. She told the director that she wanted her husband to be buried in a dark blue suit. He asked, Wouldn't it just be easier to bury him in the black suit that he's wearing?

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A new trailer for the upcoming film Avengers: Age of Ultron gives fans one more look at the movie, which will be released on May 1. 即将上映的《复仇者联盟2:奥创纪元》新预告片让粉丝们进一步大饱眼福,电影将于5月1日

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Is it for fear to wet a widow's eye That thou consum'st thyself in single life? 难道是因为惧怕寡妇的泪眼飘零,你才用独身生活烧尽你自身? Ah, if thou issueless shalt hap to die, 啊,假如你不幸无后而溘然长逝,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

How About My Stone? 我的石头怎么样? Sometime after Paul died, his widow, Lily, was finally able to speak about what a thoughtful and wonderful man her late husband had been. 在丈夫保罗去世一段时间之后,莉莉终于能对朋友们

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人