I cant believe its gone, Violet said softly to Mrs. Lightfeather a few minutes later. Who would take it? Someone must have stolen it, Joe said. Maybe they thought it was valuable. All the children had gathered in the kitchen once they heard what had

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

Each day brought several new customers to Piccolos Pizza. The Aldens were sure many more would follow once the restaurant started serving its big pizzas again. Finally the day came when the gas company was going to fix the broken gas line to the Picc

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 36 The Castle Mystery

This is creepy, Violet said. And Im freezing. I told you to wear a sweater, Jessie muttered. The nights get chilly here. It was midnight and the two sisters were headed for the dig with Amy. Amy swung her flashlight in a zigzag motion to light the wa

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

Is everybody ready for another day at the dig? Amy asked at breakfast the next morning. Were all set, Henry said, finishing a big plate of bacon and eggs. Benny helped me pack sandwiches and a thermos of cider, Joe added, pointing to a picnic basket.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

The next day, the last day of the Greenfield Dog Show, was bright and clear. Since Watch couldnt go to the dog show, and since he had to go to the veterinarians that afternoon to get his shots (although of course, he didnt know it), the Aldens decide

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 35 The Mystery at the Dog Show

Jessie and Benny stared at the ruined set in horror. Who would do that? asked Benny. Can it be fixed? It took Jessie a few moments to answer. Lets go find Jim, she finally said. I hope that was his voice we heard. Maybe hes still outside. Jessie and

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

Violet, look! Henry called to his sister the next morning. Its Aunt Janes canoe! Henry and Violet ran down to the lake. It was early, and the sky was a little pink. Henry, Violet, we found you! Benny called. He tumbled out of the canoe when it reache

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

Someone noticed a light on in the theater late last night, Jim announced to the cast and crew the next day. He paused to nervously pull up the collar of his faded blue shirt. Are you sure it wasnt the janitor? Richard asked. I was the last one in the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

Whew! Henry said several hours later when the children finally finished moving the construction materials to the hall. Dr. Skyler wasnt kidding. That sure was a lot to clear out of there. Jessie pushed back her braid for the umpteenth time. Not to me

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 44 The Dinosaur Mystery

During the long tense wait, Sky, Matt, and the Aldens sat near the shed and talked about ballooning. Suddenly, Violet spotted something across the field. It moved steadily toward them, a cloud of dust swirling in its wake. Is that a truck? she asked.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 47 The Mystery of the Hot Air

Not one of the Aldens moved. They watched the man on the bus station steps. What was he going to do? Henry motioned to Jessie and Violet. He wanted them to stay where they were. He whispered to Benny, Come with me. Benny nodded and tiptoed behind Hen

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

Benny and Henry sat together on the bus. They rode along without saying anything for a few minutes. Then Benny said, Id like to know what Frank was talking about. Its just as if we stepped into the middle of a mystery. Henry smiled. Were always doing

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

Violet woke up just before dawn. She dressed silently, thinking of what would taste the best for breakfast. She decided on French toast with honey. She took down the egg basket, wishing the sun would come up faster. The minute she stepped outside, th

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 20 The Haunted Cabin Mystery

That day when the Greenfield Library bell rang out at noon, the Aldens could hardly pull themselves away from their work at the shelter. Jessie wanted to finish lining the indoor cages with newspapers. Violet was busy making flyers for adopting cats

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 22 The Animal Shelter Mystery

When work was over, Nancy quickly left the store. The Aldens said good night to Mr. Taylor and hurried outside. The young mans car was back. From the porch, they saw Nancy walking in the direction of the picnic spot. We should wait a couple of minute

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 28 The Mystery Girl

The next morning after breakfast, the children climbed the steps to A Deck where the Ping-Pong tables were located. Benny teamed with Henry against Jessie and Violet. The small white ball flew back and forth. Although Henry hit the ball so hard that

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

Sam would never take our boxcar! cried Benny. He and Susie are our friends! I dont want to think he would either, Benny, said Henry. But we have to check everything. And Sams wagon is broken. He did say that our boxcar would make a great wagon. Thats

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 49 The Mystery of the Stolen B

Henry, I will be back to pick you all up at exactly three oclock, Grandfather Alden told his fourteen-year-old grandson as he dropped his four grandchildren off at the zoo. Henry was the oldest of the Alden children, and he always looked out for his

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 127 Monkey Trouble

Whoa! Slow down, Watch! six-year-old Benny Alden cried as he held tight to his dogs leash. I cant run that fast! Bennys eight-year-old sister, Violet, laughed. I dont think Watch can slow down, Benny. Hes too excited! Thats because he knows were goin

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 113 The Box That Watch Found

Tha-thump! Tha-thump! Tha-thump! Whats going on? Jessie asked when she heard Watch at her bedroom window early the next morning. Watch had stuck his head under the window shade to see what was making the noise outside. All Jessie could see were his h

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 68 The Basketball Mystery