After Roger departed, the children and Mr. Yee went to work. Now that Jessie and Violet had done all the thinning, Mr. Yee showed them how to use a hoe to kill weeds. Oh, said Jessie, this is so much easier than being on the ground and weeding. Yes,

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 130 The Garden Thief

I think you were right, Henry, Jessie said, still staring at the two pictures. Mr. Finch and Mr. Van Buren dont seem to be enemies at all. And I was thinking about something, Violet added. Remember that book Mr. Finch published a long time ago called

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 106 The Vanishing Passenger

It was time for a short break. The Aldens decided to get to know the other dog owners a little better. They went to talk to Dante first. Good luck in the next round, Jessie said. Thanks, Dante said. You, too. Dante was acting nervous. He kept glancin

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 121 Superstar Watch

An ice cream cone would sure hit the spot right now, Benny hinted, as they got off the bus and headed back to the hotel. Henry counted his change. Youre in luck, Benny, he said. I think we have just enough for ice cream. It wasnt long before they fou

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 111 The Seattle Puzzle

The Aldens decided to return to the festival grounds to talk with Raymond. They wanted to find out if he had gone back to the rehearsal studio the night before, or if he had given the security code to anyone else. Alan seems to think Raymond is total

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 109 The Rock N Roll Mystery

Let me get this straight, Grandfather said after Henry explained what they wanted. You want me to give you a ride to the new mall, but youre not sure youre actually going to the mall? Violet giggled. Thats right. Were looking for more geocaches, said

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 113 The Box That Watch Found

Is there any way to find out if Cassandra and her manager know about tomorrows party? Benny asked. I remember the day we met the Woodruffs they said they were thinking of hiring her, Violet said. Yeah, and Mr. Woodruff kept saying he wanted to stick

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 75 The Mystery of the Empty Sa

Mr. Alden walked around the store looking at everything. There were no Indian baskets left. He said, Lets go to see Lovan again. Dont get caught in the storm, said a ranger. Storm? It looks pleasant to me, said Benny. Well, you get to know the weathe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery

Well get it fixed, declared Jessie. Louis at the bike shop said that Thelma can fix anything. She might be able to fix it, said Henry, looking a little more hopeful. The Aldens walked with Henry and his broken bicycle into Greenfield to the bike shop

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

When the family met at supper, David was not there. Dont worry about him, Mr. Alden said, sitting down at the table. Hes got two good legs and he can walk miles. Hell show up when he gets ready. Mr. Carter was not there, either. Nobody asked where he

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery

At midnight, Benny woke up suddenly. He felt strange. Whats the matter with me? he thought. Then Benny saw the moon was shining right in his face. It was almost as bright as day. Without waking Henry, Benny slipped out of bed to pull the curtain acro

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

The next morning Benny climbed up to the roof of the houseboat. He called down to Jessie, Look here and see if I have the new name right. Oh, this is my day! Jessie said, as she read The Jessie Alden. I like having a houseboat named for me. Henry ask

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 12 Houseboat Mystery

Carola looked surprised. Hiking, she answered. What does it look like? I thought you didnt like hiking, Violet said to Rayanne. Rayanne struggled out of her backpack. Did I say that? she said. Well, when Carola told me she was going to hike up this w

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 86 The Mystery on Blizzard Mou

After cooling off in the pond, Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny changed into clean shorts and T-shirts, then hurried downstairs. They found Aunt Jane reading the newspaper in the living room in front of a whirling fan. She looked up as they trooped i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 83 The Copycat Mystery

Gwen laughed. As far as I know, she said, the farmhouse is not haunted. Jake North sighed. I guess that would be hoping for too much. Jessie caught Henrys eye. Why would anyone want a house to be haunted? What I mean is, it would make a good newspape

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 83 The Copycat Mystery

It was two days later when Henry realized that something strange was going on at the dig. I just dont get it. He nudged the soft earth with the toe of his shoe. I worked all yesterday afternoon on this square, and now its filled in with dirt. Maybe y

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

I hope you made plenty of fried bread, Joe said to his mother a few hours later. The family had gathered in the kitchen for a quick breakfast before the Pow-Wow. We made five baskets to bring with us, Violet said, and we saved some just for you. She

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

The next evening, the Morgans invited the guests to a wienie roast at the old pond. We do this every year right after the fair, Sarah explained to Jessie. Everyone roasts their own hot dogs, and then we sit around the camp fire and sing. I guess you

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 34 The Mystery Horse

Jessie was relieved to find Henry, Violet, and Benny sitting apart from the group, under the shade of an apple tree. They had finished eating, and Henry was whittling a chunk of white oak with his pocketknife. You missed lunch, Benny said the moment

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 34 The Mystery Horse

When the Aldens had wheeled away from the post office, Henry said, Now you can run awhile, Shadow. It will do you good. You are getting lazy. The day was warm, and a little wind was blowing. It was a perfect day for riding. Shadow ran along beside Be

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 15 Bicycle Mystery