UNIT 8 TEXT A victim of an incurable disease, Stephen Hawking is almost completely paralysed, confined to a wheelchair, and unable to speak. Yet, he has overcome every obstacle and achieved far more t

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语精读第五册

From VOA Learning English, this is American Stories. Our story is called The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky. It was written by Stephen Crane. We will listen to the story in two parts. Today we will hear the first part of the story. The great train was rus

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(316) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Doug Johnson. Today we play music from Dengue Fever Answer a listener question about the oldest university in America And report on four Kings of fiction writing. (MUSIC) The Kings o

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

Live out of your imagination, not your history. 以你的想像,不是你的过去来生活。(Stephen Covey) 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.02

看牙医的时候,医生用的工具是否会让你望而却步? Alice: Hello, I'm Alice Stephen: And I'm Stephen. Alice: And this is 6 Minute English! This week were talking about a very common phobia a fear of the dentist and a possible new tr

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

足球比赛观众看的是热闹,队员比的是技术。足球比赛也是一种竞争.... Alice: Hello, I'm Alice. Stephen: And I'm Stephen. Alice: And this is 6 Minute English! This week, were talking about rivalries between football teams. Ste

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

游记是什么? 游记是对旅行进行记录的一种文体,现在也多指记录游览经历的文章。 6 Minute English bbclearningenglish.com 2011 Page 1 of 6 Stephen: Hello, I'm Stephen. Rob: And I'm Rob. Stephen: And this is 6 Minute Eng

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

英国王族的继承是怎么一回事? Rob: Hello, I'm Rob Stephen: And I'm Stephen. Rob: And this is 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. Today we're talking about royalty and succession. Stephen: Succession is the act of taking over the

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

JEFFREY BROWN: Now, a big move forward for nuclear power in the U.S. This construction site in eastern Georgia will house the nation's first new commercial nuclear reactors in decades. They're to be built at the Plant Vogtle facility, where two exist

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

There are a number of reasons why your CEO would spring a tricky question on you. Maybe they're genuinely curious and assume you have the answer. Maybe they're testing you to see whether you can think on your feet. 被CEO问迷之问题的原因有千千

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

NB: This is not a word for word transcript Stephen: Hello, I'm Stephen. Alice: And I'm Alice. Stephen: And this is 6 Minute English. This week we're talking about booking holidays online. Some travel companies have been criticised for making misleadi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

NB: This is not a word for word transcript Stephen: Hello I'm Stephen. Alice: And I'm Alice. Stephen: And this is 6 Minute English. This week we're talking about social networks. In the past few years, social networking websites like Twitter and Face

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

NB: This is not a word for word transcript Alice: Hello, I'm Alice. Stephen: And I'm Stephen. Alice: And this is 6 Minute English! This week were talking about an inventors workshop which has been reassembled after almost 200 years. Stephen: Reassemb

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Alice: Hello, I'm Alice Stephen: And I'm Stephen.Alice: And this is 6 Minute English! This week were talking about a very commonphobia a fear of the dentist and a possible new treatment. But first of all,Stephen, how does this sound make you feel? In

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

13. Finally, because the ultimate stakeholders are patients, the health research community should actively recruit to its cause not only well-known personalities such as Stephen Cooper, who has made courageous statements about the value of animal res

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Stephen Foster, 1826-1864: America's First Popular SongwriterBy an American that everyone can still recognize and sing today Broadcast: Sunday, November 19, 2006 VOICE ONE: I'm Shi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

BEIJING, March 4 (Xinhua) -- Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons, a period adventure comedy created by writer-director Stephen Chow, had raked in more than 1.1 billion yuan (176.7 million U.S. dollars) as of Sunday, the film's production compa

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, April 16 (Xinhua) -- China's top snooker player Ding Junhui will take on Ryan Day in the opening round of the World Snooker Championship at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield next week. Ding, who entered the semifinals last year but was knocko

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Director Stephen Chows fantasy comedy movie Mermaid grossed 2.45 billion Yuan ($375.6 million) by early Friday evening, making history as the highest-grossing film ever in Chinese box office history. 截止至上周五傍晚早时,周星驰的奇幻喜

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

STEPHEN FEE: Every afternoon, at his dining room table, 35 year old Ronald Lewis does his homework. By day, he's a student learning to fix heating and air conditioning systems, and he looks after his three kids. He also works the nightshift, running

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列