The Ungrateful Crocodile Once upon a time, a crocodile who lived in the Nile came out of the water and lost his way in the heart of the desert. He was dying of exhaustion and thirst. Soon he saw an Ar

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

One student is testing another student's common knowledge. A: What's the tallest building in the world? B: The Shanghai World Financial Center. Of course. A: What's the longest river in the world? B:

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

River 河流 A river is usually fresh water and it flows toward an ocean or a lake. 河流通常是指淡水河,它流向海洋或湖泊。 The Nile River is the longest river in the world, and it is about 4170 miles long. 尼罗河是世界上最长

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第1册

John Bell, director of Desert Surveys in Egypt, asked these questions in 1927. Can other depressions in this region, besides the much-discussed Wadi Rayan, be considered possible of utilization in connection with irrigation or drainage of the Nile De

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Sophie Bushwick. Got a minute? West Nile virus first appeared in North America in 1999. And it quickly moved across the continent. Now a study has pinned the proliferation on a particular culprit:

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

6 What do you know about the river Nile? [A] It's the largest river in the world [B] It often flooded in large areas [C] It's the second larget river in the world 7 What did Egyptians build Aswan High Dam? [A] In order to sail up stream [B] In orde

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 听听测测

今天我们要学的词组是big bucks。Big bucks意思是很多很多的钱。比如:Delta, UPS pay big bucks to sponsor NY Fashion Week. 按说,Delta, UPS一个是航空公司,一个是邮递公司,怎么会和时装有关系呢,不过它

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

The clue to what the ancient Egyptians did to Piramess 3000 years ago lies hidden in the middle of an unassuming field in modern day Qantir. Here are the feet of one of the many colossal statues that Rammesses the great built at Piramess. The rest o

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 遗失的法老城市

Growing up in Memphis, Tennessee, Smith says, I didn't know I wanted to go into business, but I knew I wanted a leadership position. That appealed to me. 在田纳西州孟菲斯市长大的史密斯说道,我自己不清楚到底要不要从商,但

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

BB King Still Going Strong B.B.King依然活跃在舞台上 (Music) B.B. King doesn't get around as well as he used to these days, but he still puts on a great show. And with the help of a dozen close

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--体育娱乐看台

DM Delta Modulation 增量调制 DMA Direct Memory Access 直接存储器访问 DMF Dispersion Managed Fiber 色散管理光纤 这种光纤有带正、负色散区段,如同线路光纤延展敷设,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 电信英语

Right now the main thing we're doing is to offer our thoughts and prayers to those who've been impacted, making sure that we're joining together and pulling together as a country. And as president of the United States, but also as a father, obviously

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Adam Hinterthuer. Got a minute? If you're worried about news reports of West Nile virus, you might want to go take a census of the birds in your backyard. Because certain species of birds actually

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is AP News Minute. I. New fighting in Basra, Iraq. Reports indicate militiamen have overrun a number of police stations and an oil pipeline has been blown up. Also today more rockets were fired into the heavily-fortified Green Zone in Bagdad. I

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(354) / 评论(0) 分类 AP一分钟时事

1. A prosecutor says investigators searching for an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl missing for almost a week have found a female's body. The body was found near a hydroelectric dam close to Celina Cass's home. Investigators haven't identified it yet.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(八月)

There they signaled a passing ship and asked that his body be taken to England. 在海边,他们向一艘过往的船发出信号,请求将利文斯通的尸体带回英国。 In England he was buried in Westminster Abbey, where the famous and gr

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

国航飞行员稀烂的英语差点逼疯纽约机场的美国空管。在这段对话里有不少术语,我们一起来学习一下吧。 International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet 国际无线电通话拼写字母 为了避免误听,国际上

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Sex and the City 《欲望都市》 Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you and taking charge of your own life. 以为总有一个人来让你的人生完整,来征服你的全部生命,这只是

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. The US government wants to talk to the three widows of Osama Bin Laden who are in Pakistani custody. National Security Adviser Tom Donilon says information from them could help answer questions about whether Pakistani authorities helped hide the a

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(五月)

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley Chapter Two MR. FOSTER was left in the Decanting Room. The D.H.C. and his students stepped into the nearest lift and were carried up to the fifth floor. INFANT NURSERIES. NEO-PAVLOVIAN CONDITIONING ROOMS, announced th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著