The adventures of Theo the Monkey take a new turn as he determines to break out of the zoo and take up the fight for what is right in the city. Mr Grabber, the keeper of the monkeys cage, has a new scheme which on the face of it seems to be for a goo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Add-on pay is similar to Add-on Card in the banking system. Itis a privilege offered to the spouse, parents or children of aprimary holder of Alipay Wallet, a mobile payment app launchedby Alipay, Chinas largest online payments provider. The primaryp

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Bonds have been in the news a lot in the last few weeks. Yields on the ten-year United States Treasury note jumped to their highest level in five years, before easing. Bonds are debt owed by a govern

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(六)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-30 Businesses Want to Ban Bad Online Reviews In 2009, John and Jen Palmer posted a critical online comment about a business. The Palmers said they ordered and paid for a small toy and a keychain for $20 from KlearGear.com, but never

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Thailand will soon have its first woman prime minister. Yingluck Shinawatra addressed her supporters after her party won in a landslide. Her brother Thaksin was prime minister until he was deposed in a military coup in 2006. The Swiss government conf

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

I was on vacation in Hawaii with my family. We were at the beach all day and at some point I took off my ring I got as a gift from my mom for graduation (beautiful, gold, inscribed, full of sentimental value) and placed it in the cup holder of a fold

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Digna, I wanna ask you something into the president said in the interview that aired this morning on CBS, I wanna play that part of views. First of all, we've done a whole slew of positive ads that talk exactly about how we need to change our educati

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(七)月

01. I have applied for a credit card today. 我今天申请了一张信用卡。 02. My credit card is issued by China Merchants Bank. 我的信用卡是招商银行发行的。 03. Can I pay by credit card? 我可以刷卡吗? 04. Holding a credit c

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语最炫潮流

12. My Old Penholder 笔杆,我的老伙伴 For more than a week my pen has lain untouched. I have written nothing for seven whole days, not even a letter. Except during one or two bouts of illness, such a thing never happened in my life before. In

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

I open my car door and throw my briefcase in the back seat, and get comfortable for my drive. 我打开车门,把公文包扔到后座上,然后调整了一下,让我开车舒服一点。 I put my coffee mug into the cup holder, put the keys in

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

I open my car door and throw my briefcase in the back seat, and get comfortable for my drive. 我打开车门,把公文包扔到后座上,然后调整了一下,让我开车舒服一点。 I put my coffee mug into the cup holder, put the keys in

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

奥斯卡皮斯托瑞斯(Oscar Pistorius)是南非残疾人运动员,是残疾人100米、200米和400米短跑世界纪录的保持者。人们把这个人称之为现实版阿甘、刀锋战士、世界上跑得最快的无腿人,残奥会上

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

Kwanzaa is a week-long holiday that is celebrated around the world. It takes place between December the 26th and January the 1st every year. The holiday celebrates African culture and history. Kwanzaa started in 1966 in the U.S.A. It was the first ho

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Hanukkah is one of the most important celebrations in the Jewish calendar. It means the Festival of Lights. It is an eight-day holiday that takes place each year in November or December. The festival is to celebrate a miracle that happened in the Sec

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Good afternoon, everyone. I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. In Knoxville, Tennessee, seven people are hospitalized with gunshot wounds after a man opened fire at the Tennesse

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(七)月

Business 商业报道 Wearable computing 可穿戴的计算设备 The eyes have it 眼睛将拥有谷歌眼镜 Google advances its plan to bring smart glasses to the masses 谷歌提出在普通民众中推广智能眼镜的计划 GOOGLE has an ambit

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Obtaining or renewing a passport can be a complicated process, but there are few things more enjoyable than flicking through it and seeing stamps from around the world. 办护照或更新护照是一个复杂的过程。不过,除了翻看护照、看

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Yelena Isinbayeva is the greatest female pole vaulter ever. She won the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Gold Medal and has twice been the IAAFs Female Athlete of the Year. In 2005, she became the first woman to clear five metres and is the current world record

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

The Supreme Court 最高法院 Drafting laws, vows and maps 起草法案,郑重起誓,划分选区 Obamacare, gay marriage and race: the justices' term is heating up 奥巴马医改,同性婚姻,种族问题:最高法院忙得团团转 TWO

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Baby, all week, yeah, you and me Have been raring to go, ready for this show. Got a buzz on, and the sun's gone. You can't see for the crowd, let me help you out. Get up, get up, get up on my shoulders. Here, take my cuzzi so your can stays colder. B

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(294) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐