Hello, Im Melissa Long here at the CNN Centre in Atlanta with a look at some of the stories that are happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Classes at one Miami area high school have returned to normal after police responded to a peaceful student protest. Sever

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(三)月

鼠标悬停在加粗部分,会显示相应词义和讲解哦! He'd forgotten all about the people in cloaks until he passed a group of them next to the baker's. He eyed them angrily as he passed.

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Food 食物 The saucier's apprentices 烹饪学徒 Humanity's relationship with cookery is uniqueand shouldn't be lost By Michael Pollan. 生活与烹饪的独特关系不应被舍弃 Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation. 烹饪,转变的自然

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Skitters have mechs, superior weaponry. 掠夺者有机甲 高端武器装备 Why do they need to harm children? 它们为什么还要伤害孩子? Human shield. 做人肉盾牌 We've been doing it for thousands of years... 我们几千年前就这么做

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

Prince George became the star of the Kensington Palace party after greeting Michelle and Barack Obama in his dressing gown and slippers. 乔治王子穿着睡袍和拖鞋会见了米歇尔和奥巴马夫妇!他顿时变成了肯辛顿宫的大明星。

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Man Utd beat QPR, Arsenal held by Villa

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. forty winks 1. 白天小睡;尤指打盹儿,午睡(非正式用语) If you have forty winks, you have a short sleep, or a nap. 如果你have forty winks,那表示你小睡,小憩一会儿。 E.g. If I have a late night I sometimes catch fort

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

He never turns down a challenge, and Prince Harry looked to be in fine form as he took part in an event with England Rugbys All Schools Program in Manchester on Monday (October 20). 哈里王子从不拒绝挑战。当地时间周一(10月20号),

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

印度环境部长近日对《哈利波特》系列作品公开指责,称该系列作品的风靡让越来越多的人通过非法途径购买猫头鹰,从而导致印度野生猫头鹰的数量日渐减少。在《哈利波特》电影中,主角

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Kate Meghan: Royal Wives, Separate Lives 凯特和梅根:皇室妻子过着各自的生活 The Duchess of Sussex is still working to adjust to her new life-including a complex relationship with Princess Kate. 苏塞克斯公爵夫人仍在努力适应

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

On Dec. 1 their shared office at Kensington Palace took the rare step of publicly denying a report that Kate had warned Meghan not to scold staff members. 12月1日,他们在肯辛顿宫(Kensington Palace)的办公室罕见地公开否认了一篇报

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

Kate, on the other hand, has maneuvered herself in a different way, says the palace insider, but she is still strong. 另一方面,凯特以一种不同的方式生活,皇室内部人士说,但她仍然很坚强。 Raised in the English country

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

Harry Redknapp named QPR manager

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. 明确目标 许多人把标准的、通用的求职信发给他们的潜在雇主。然而,这样一封信不会帮助你脱颖而出。求职者众多,因此你应该明确并且真正地展示出你为什么是这个特定职位的最佳候选

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Two of the most powerful wizards in fiction, Dumbledore from Harry Potter and Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, have got hitched. 虚构世界中最强大的两位巫师:《哈利波特》中的邓布利多还有《指环王》三部曲中的

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

英语俚语:I am from MissouriI am from Missouri. 这句话有时后面要加一句:「I need to be shown.」或「You have got to show me.」,意思是 Missouri 州的人很固执 (stubborn),不太信任别人,一定要人家「证明一下

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The thing about life, Harry had told Lauren, was to live in the world with interest. To keep your eyes open and see the possibilities - see the humanity - in everybody you met. To be aware. If he had anything at all to teach her it was that. RunAway 生

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

当言语失去力量的时候 这样一杯催眠的咖啡 也许更加的让人迷醉 Album:Beautiful Garbage Title:Cup Of Coffee You tell me you don't love me over a cup of coffee And I just have to look away A million miles between us Planets crashing to dust I just let it

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

He was a dashing D-Day veteran and she a blushing bride in white when they vowed to love each other in sickness and in health. 彼时,他是一名二战的退伍兵,而她是一位美丽害羞的少女,他们一起许下承诺:无论生老病死

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Harry Potter Magic World Tour has arrived in China for the first time. 哈利波特魔法世界巡演近日第一次抵达中国。 The show was first launched in 2009, and has already travelled to cities such as New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻