A Dangerous Temporary job 一个危险的临时工作 tempo n.节奏,行进速度;(音乐的)速度 temporary a.暂时的临时的 tempt v.诱惑,引诱;吸引,使感兴趣 temptation n.诱惑,引诱 tenant n.承担人;房客,佃户

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 09考研英语词汇

Harriet: Thank you for bringing me here Hong, this place looks great! Harriet: 谢谢你带我到这儿来,红。这地方看起来太好了。 Hong: Youre welcome. Would you like some cold dishes? Hong: 不客气。你要凉菜吗? Harriet: Let me see. How about the lotus roo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

It looked just the way a birchbark canoe looks after some big boys are finished playing with it. 一定是某个大男孩发现了它,把它糟蹋成这样的。 Stuart was heartbroken. 斯图亚特的心都碎了。 He did not know what to do. 他不

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

She was an active girl and not at all inclined to stumble or fall. 她是个身体很好的女孩子,走路时不会被绊倒。 Stuart led the way to where he had hidden the canoe, and Harriet followed, 斯图亚特和她一起往藏船的地方走,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

Lesson 49:The ideal servant 理想的仆人 Listen to the tape then answer the question below. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 It is a good thing my aunt Harriet died years ago. If she were alive today she would not be able to air her views on

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(422) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is author Ralph Keyes (kize). His newest book about language has a mouthful of a title. RS: It's called I Love It When You Talk Retro: Hoochie Coochie, Double Whammy, Dr

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Hello there, he said, trying to keep his voice from trembling. 你好,他试着让自己的声音听起来很正常。 Are you Mr. Little? asked Harriet. 你是利特尔先生?哈丽雅特问。 Yes, said Stuart. 是的,斯图亚特说。 It's

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(285) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

The afternoon lying around camp, trying on different shirts to see which looked best on him and combing his whiskers. 一下午,他都在他的营地试穿不同的衬衫,想知道哪一件穿起来更帅,他还不停地用梳子梳他的胡子。

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(283) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Dogs May Be Just What the Doctor Ordered for Worried Heart Patients By Caty Weaver, George Grow and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

1. Little Women 1686 《小妇人》1868年 Outline 梗概 In picturesque 19th-century New England of the US, the 4 March sisters - tomboyish Jo, beautiful Meg, fragile Beth, and romantic Amy - come of age while their father is off to war. 19世纪,在

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

AS IT IS 2016-04-22 Harriet Tubman to Appear on $20 Bill 美国宣布20美元纸币将印上废奴主义者塔布曼头像 This is Whats Trending Today The last time a woman appeared on U.S. paper money was during the 1890s. That woman was Martha Was

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XI Harriet, poor Harriet!Those were the words; in them lay the tormenting ideas which Emma could not get rid of, and which constituted the real misery of the business to her. Frank Churchill had behaved very i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XVII Mrs. Weston's friends were all made happy by her safety; and if the satisfaction of her welldoing could be increased to Emma, it was by knowing her to be the mother of a little girl. She had been decided

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XVIII Time passed on. A few more tomorrows, and the party from London would be arriving. It was an alarming change; and Emma was thinking of it one morning, as what must bring a great deal to agitate and griev

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

CHAPTER XV Mr. Woodhouse was soon ready for his tea; and when he had drank his tea he was quite ready to go home; and it was as much as his three companions could do, to entertain away his notice of the lateness of the hour, before the other gentleme

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume One by Jane Austen CHAPTER XVII Mr. and Mrs. John Knightley were not detained long at Hartfield. The weather soon improved enough for those to move who must move; and Mr. Woodhouse having, as usual, tried to persuade his daughter to stay

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Two by Jane Austen CHAPTER XIII Emma continued to entertain no doubt of her being in love. Her ideas only varied as to the how much. At first, she thought it was a good deal; and afterwards, but little. She had great pleasure in hearing F

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

After supper, he propped himself up against a fern, bit off some spruce gum for a chew, and lay there on the bank dreaming and chewing gum. 晚饭后,他靠在一棵羊齿植物旁,咬下一些乳胶,然后就嚼着它们躺到岸边做他的美梦

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

Stuart began to tremble from excitement. 斯图亚特激动得颤抖起来。 Must be the Ames girl, he said to himself. 那一定就是埃姆斯家的那个女孩,他自语。 And he kept out of sight behind the inkwell as he watched her open her

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

CHAPTER X Though now the middle of December, there had yet been no weather to prevent the young ladies from tolerably regular exercise; and on the morrow, Emma had a charitable visit to pay to a poor sick family, who lived a little way out of Highbur

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著