影片对白 Manager: Hello, Daisy. Bill: This one is Greta. Manager: Hello, Greta. Jamie: Here she is. This is Aurelia. This is Juliet, Peter. Peter: How are you? Jamie: Didn't see you there. Mark: Yeah, just thought I'd tag along . Aurelia: Jamie's fr

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

A couple of years ago when I was attending the TED Conference in Long Beach, 几年前我参加在长滩TED会议的时候, I met Harriet. 我遇到了哈里特。 We'd actually met online before not the way you're thinking. 实际上我们以前在网

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

An American teenager has sparked a war of words after her tweets about weird British customs went viral. 一位美国青少年在推特上发贴列举怪异的英国习俗,被大肆转发,点燃了一场网络口水大战。 High school student M

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XIX If Emma had still, at intervals, an anxious feeling for Harriet, a momentary doubt of its being possible for her to be really cured of her attachment to Mr. Knightley, and really able to accept another man

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XIII The weather continued much the same all the following morning; and the same loneliness, and the same melancholy, seemed to reign at Hartfieldbut in the afternoon it cleared; the wind changed into a softer

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER VI After being long fed with hopes of a speedy visit from Mr. and Mrs. Suckling, the Highbury world were obliged to endure the mortification of hearing that they could not possibly come till the autumn. No suc

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER III This little explanation with Mr. Knightley gave Emma considerable pleasure. It was one of the agreeable recollections of the ball, which she walked about the lawn the next morning to enjoy.She was extremel

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER II No misfortune occurred, again to prevent the ball. The day approached, the day arrived; and after a morning of some anxious watching, Frank Churchill, in all the certainty of his own self, reached Randalls

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XII Till now that she was threatened with its loss, Emma had never known how much of her happiness depended on being first with Mr. Knightley, first in interest and affection.Satisfied that it was so, and feel

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Three by Jane Austen CHAPTER XVI It was a very great relief to Emma to find Harriet as desirous as herself to avoid a meeting. Their intercourse was painful enough by letter. How much worse, had they been obliged to meet! Harriet expresse

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume One by Jane Austen CHAPTER XVI The hair was curled, and the maid sent away, and Emma sat down to think and be miserable.It was a wretched business indeed!Such an overthrow of every thing she had been wishing for!Such a development of ever

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Two by Jane Austen CHAPTER IV Human nature is so well disposed towards those who are in interesting situations, that a young person, who either marries or dies, is sure of being kindly spoken of. A week had not passed since Miss Hawkins's

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume Two by Jane Austen CHAPTER IX Emma did not repent her condescension in going to the Coles. The visit afforded her many pleasant recollections the next day; and all that she might be supposed to have lost on the side of dignified seclusion

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

It was a tippy boat even for a souvenir. 这艘小船就是摆在柜台上时也还是很不平稳呢。 Stuart carried stones from the beach down to the water's edge and ballasted the canoe with the stones until it floated evenly and steadily. 斯图亚

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

Harriet Ames, said the storekeeper. 哈丽雅特埃姆斯,店主说。 She's just your size--maybe a trifle shorter, if anything. 她差不多和你一样高只可能比你矮一点儿。 What's she like? asked Stuart. 她长相如何?斯图亚特问

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

CHAPTER VIII Harriet slept at Hartfield that night. For some weeks past she had been spending more than half her time there, and gradually getting to have a bedroom appropriated to herself; and Emma judged it best in every respect, safest and kindest

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

CHAPTER V I do not know what your opinion may be, Mrs. Weston, said Mr. Knightley, of this great intimacy between Emma and Harriet Smith, but I think it a bad thing. A bad thing! Do you really think it a bad thing?why so? I think they will neither of

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

CHAPTER VI Emma could not feel a doubt of having given Harriet's fancy a proper direction and raised the gratitude of her young vanity to a very good purpose, for she found her decidedly more sensible than before of Mr. Elton's being a remarkably han

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

EMMA Volume One by Jane Austen CHAPTER VII The very day of Mr. Elton's going to London produced a fresh occasion for Emma's services towards her friend. Harriet had been at Hartfield, as usual, soon after breakfast; and, after a time, had gone home t

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

92-year-old Harriette Thompson completed the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in San Diego on Sunday, becoming the oldest woman to finish a marathon. She finished the 42.1-kilometer race in 7 hours, 24 minutes and 36 seconds. On this course my son was with me

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻