10 Dining with a Foodie GLOSSARY the latest thing something that is new, exciting, interesting, and innovative;something that interests people because it is the beginning of a new trend or fad * This MP3 player is the latest thing for music lovers. f

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Tombstone, Arizona: "The Town Too Tough To Die" 亚利桑那州的墓碑:鬼城 From VOA Learning English, welcome to This is America. Im Steve Ember. The United States has thousands of ghost towns. [Wind and prairie sounds] These are communiti

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(二)月

The Egyptian government is moving to defend its decision to arrest the head of the Muslim Brotherhood. Egyptian interim government spokesperson Ahmad el-Moslemany is denying suggestions the arrest of Mohammed Badie is politically motivated. I emphasi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Eddie drove over to see Betty. When he got to her apartment at about 3:15 p.m., he saw that her car wasn't in the carport. So he wrote a note: Hi, Betty. I love you and I miss you. Love, Eddie. He was about to tape the note onto her front door when h

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

清甜活泼 The Band Perry - If I Die Young 美国新人乡村音乐乐队The Band Perry作品,为其同名专辑《The Band Perry》中的单曲,发行于2010年六月,该专辑发行于同年十月。该曲作者为The Band Perry主唱Kimber

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

当红电音舞曲歌手Ke$ha专辑《Warrior》单曲Die Young,这首歌一出便取得了持久的热度,不但进入Billboard前十,而且现在还依然高居下载榜前5的位置。 I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums Oh what

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

A serial time-waster has been banned from falling over anywhere in England and Wales, in one of the most bizarre ASBOs ever handed down by magistrates. 英国一名连续害命犯被禁止在英格兰及威尔士的任何地方摔倒,这是当地行政

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Americans Die Sooner than Others in Industrialized Countries A new analysis of life expectancy around the world finds Americans are lagging behind other industrialized countries, and also identifies vast disparities within the United States itself. L

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

3 Million Newborns Die Within First Month The humanitarian organization Save the Children has released its annual State of the Worlds Mothers report. It says despite much progress being made in reducing maternal and child deaths, every year, three mi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

By Scott Herron Ken Schwartz Washington 12 July 2007 A former first lady of the United States -- Lady Bird Johnson -- has died. She was 94. A family spokeswoman says the widow of President Lyndon B. Johnson died Wednesday at her home in Austin, Texas

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: If you've seen most of the Oscar nominees and you can't find anything else interesting at your local movie theater, you're not alone. Critic Bob Mondello says Hollywood has always used January as a dumping ground. And today he argu

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

(SOUNDBITE OF THE KILLERS SONG, MR. BRIGHTSIDE) LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Mr. Brightside by The Killers became a hit song all the way back in 2004. That was more than a decade ago. But somehow, the song has never really gone away. In fact, it spent

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: This week marks the one-year anniversary of what the Rohingya have begun to call the genocide. In late August of last year, Myanmar government soldiers and pro-government militias began coordinated attacks against the Rohingya Mus

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

一名中国游客在尼泊尔漂流,因为不穿救生衣下河游泳,失踪两周后遗体在下游被找到。 尼泊尔漂流 New Strait Times: local police said Wednesday a Chinese tourist drowned while swimming in a river in western Nepal,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Music,when soft voices die Music,when soft voices die Vibrates in the memory Odours,when sweet violets sicken Live within the sense they quicken Rose leaves,when the rose is dead Are heaped for the be

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(308) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 14 February 2008 The U.N. Children's Fund warns tens of thousands of children in Somalia could die unless international donors immediately provide the money needed to keep them alive. Lisa Schlein reports for VOA from Geneva, U

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

One of the most popular international operas Die Walkure will be performed in Beijing next week. A stunningly powerful story featuring Norse mythology, the drama will have its music performed by the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

China's navy announced today that an instructor and his student died in a navy aircraft accident on May 13 in northeast China's Liaoning province. The navy released the news on its microblog, saying that the two pilots discovered that the aircraft's

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Say you love me, as much as I love you Would you hurt me baby, could you do that to me yeaa? Would you lie to me baby? Cuz the truth hurts so much more Would you do the things that drive me crazy, leave my heart still at the door? I can't help it, I'

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

If I die young bury me in satin 若我英年早逝,请将我葬在绸缎中 Lay me down on a bed of roses 让我躺在铺满玫瑰的床上 Sink me in the river at dawn 在黎明时分将我沉入河中 Send me away with the words of a love song 用情

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空