08A Movie Collection GLOSSARY buff a big fan; a person who likes something very much and knows a lot aboutit* Lynette is a music buff who owns thousands of CDs. collection a group of similar objects that are kept together, usually becausethey are int

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

If you have small children in the house you know how stuffed animals can gradually take over. Well, thats not a problem with these incredibly tiny, incredibly cute crocheted animals from a family business based in Vietnam. Most of the items in their

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

Topics: Ask an American-Digital music technology; It's called being nice versus It's called been nice; to stutter versus to stumble; mean Words: social media to be signed by record label liberating to do shows to build a brand reputation streaming se

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Soccer in the United States; Famous Americans-Robert Frost; to suck versus to lick; to leave (someone) to his/her own devices; to cross someone and talking-to Words: standard association to govern tournament confusion to bid elegy to publish

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the art collector and cultural supporter, Isabella Stewart Gardner. During the late nineteenth century, she traveled arou

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(一)月

1. sound做名词时表示声音,在这里做动词用,表示听起来,听上去;表示这个意思时sound后跟形容词,表示听起来。 eg:The music sounds very pleasing to the ear. 这音乐听起来十分悦耳。 2. ridiculous,可笑

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

Topic 1-The debt-collecting middle-aged Dama Members of a Chinese gang of Dama of debt-collectors have been jailed over illegal acts of debt collection in which they menaced victims and even stripped naked to get them to pay up, according to state me

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

今天我们来看一看加油的英文怎么说加油 用英语怎么说要看情况、语境和对象来说!并没有add oil/fighting这样的说法! 1. 比赛中! Go! China!(冲啊!)Come on! China! (加把劲啊!)Chi-n! Chi-n! 加

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

If you are a smartphone user in Japan, then chances are you have this app on your phone. Now, it is taking Asia by storm and is starting to catch on in Europe and North America as well. It is the Line app from NHN Corporation. What makes Line so popu

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

Washington D.C. is a city full of museums. Visitors have a large choice of places to go to learn about United States history, culture and art. The latest one to open in Washington is the Museum of the Bible. The 40,000-square-meter building is locate

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Costumes from New York Theaters Find New Life in Other Plays In a huge, underground space in New York City, below the largest sound stage east of Hollywood, 80,000 costumes wait for actors to claim them. This is the TDF Costume Collection, run by the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

I have a book collection that sits and screams It's chock-full of memoirs based on the thousands of notes I wrote about you and me Some say it's a long shot I say not even centuries of sleep could prepare me For what you had in store for us And when

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

A guided tour of celebrity museums in the U.S., including the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center and the Stoogeum. Transcript of radio broadcast: 01 June 2008 Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith La

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel to New York City to visit one of the most famous museums in the world. The Metropolitan Museum of Art collection covers f

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

C: Excuse me, do you provide any trade service here? 你们有提供贸易押汇服务吗? T: Yes, we do. Can I help you, sir? 有的,先生。我能为你效劳吗? C: Yes, I'd like to know how

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

JUDY WOODRUFF:Next: a treasure trove of cubist art and a record gift for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Margaret Warner has more. MARGARET WARNER:Philanthropist Leonard Lauder, an heir to the Estee Lauder estate, is giving the Met his en

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

As for the other players in this drama, Owen died in 1892, a few years before Cope or Marsh. Buckland ended up by losing his mind and finished his days a gibbering wreck in a lunatic asylum in Clapham, not far from where Mantell had suffered his crip

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

本期内容: A collection of plastic afloat in the Pacific Ocean is growing rapidly, according to a new scientific estimate. Predictions suggest a build-up of about 80,000 tonnes of plastic in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch between California and

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

LONDON, July 4 (Xinhua) -- The volunteers' queue for uniform collection is a long one, winding all the way round the industrial warehouse in Canning Town, an area in which 68% of locals are of a non-white ethnic background. Numbered tickets are issue

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Bank can provide various collection services both inside and outside the country. Upon receiving, the fund can be transferred to foreign exchange deposit, or be withdrawn in cash or be remitted abroad in line with the regulations. If you want to

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语