VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., is one of the most recognized buildings in the world. Its design was influenced by the classical bui

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 阶梯听力天天练

Arts work 作品 work of art 艺术作品 masterpiece 杰作 plastic arts 造型艺术 graphic arts 形象艺术 Fine Arts 美术 art gallery 画廊,美术馆 salon 沙龙 exhibition 展览 collection 收藏 author 作者 style 风格 inspiration 灵感

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

What's Your Hobby? 1--Have you got any hobbies? 2--Yes, I'm fond of fishing and I'm very keen on making home movies. 1--I like taking photographs but I haven't got a movie camera. 2--I take a lot of photographs too, but I'm interested in the history

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 听力每日练习补充

What's Your Hobby? 1--Have you got any hobbies? 2--Yes, I'm fond of fishing and I'm very keen on making home movies. 1--I like taking photographs but I haven't got a movie camera. 2--I take a lot of photographs too, but I'm interested in the history

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 听力每日练习补充

Recently, I needed to find a book for one of my classes at the university, but I didn't know if the university library had it in their collection, so I went to the library Website and searched for the book online. You can search the library database

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

31. The second half of the 20th century saw a collection of geniuses, warriors, entrepreneurs and visionaries labor to create a fabulous machine that could function as a typewriter and printing press, studio and theatre, paintbrush and gallery, piano

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Collecting things - My Grandmother's elephant By Chris Wilson My grandmother had a beautiful elephant carved out of sandalwood on her dressing table which I secretly used to covet. I wanted it more than anything in the world. It was about the size of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

Russias Most Expensive Diamonds to Be Sold Online A mining company has announced plans to sell a collection of what it says are the most valuable diamonds ever cut in Russia. The largest in the collection is a 51.38-carat round cut diamond. It was pr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

A: Yes, I need more amenities. B: By amenities, exactly what do you mean, please? A: You know, the things that are free, like the soap and the shampoo. B: Okay, I got it. You've already run out of all your amenities? A: No, I still have plenty left,

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

The script of this programme 本节目台词 Art lovers at the National Gallery Zo: 大家好,我是刘佳。 Helen: Hello, Im Helen. Welcome to On the Town from BBC Learning English. Zo: 今天的BBC Learning English,我们会和大家一起来聊聊英国著名的国家美术馆。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 都市掠影

work 作品 work of art 艺术作品 masterpiece 杰作 plastic arts 造型艺术 graphic arts 形象艺术 Fine Arts 美术 art gallery 画廊,美术馆 salon 沙龙 exhibition 展览 collection 收藏

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Rescue efforts for the missing and the collection of passengers' belongings inside the hull continues. The ministry of transport has increased the capacity of the rescue effort. More than 250 ships and over two and a half thousand rescuers are now se

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

今天我们要学的词是staple。 Staple, 做为名词,指必不可少的东西。 Rice is a staple in the region, 米饭是这个地区居民的主食。 Hot dogs are a staple for barbecue parties in the summer, 热狗是夏天烧烤餐会不可缺

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是hotbed。 Hotbed温床。这次猪流感的爆发,让微型博客网站Twitter成了辩论焦点。 Some critics say Twitter has become a hotbed for unnecessary hype and misinformation about the swine flu outbreak, 一些持

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

The classic masculine button-down has this season been given a feminine twist. Spring/summer catwalks introduced shirting with new architectural proportions: strict peplums or sculptural, cut-out details tied up with ribbons. Mensy shirts were choppe

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(406) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

财务分析应包括以下内容: 1. 展示财务现状; 2. 今后三年的发展预测; 3. 投资计划; 4. 财务预测:损益预测表、资产负载预测表、现金流量预测表; 5. 资本退出方式 现金流量预测表

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

American architectural photographer presents a new collection of images that give a glimpse into Incan genius for integrating architecture and nature Faiza Elmasry | Washington, DC 14 December 2009 Watch: Elmasry report voiced by Deborah Block Window

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

What are the purposes of places such as museums and how should they be funded? A museum is a place where a collection of objects illustrating science, art, history, or other subjects is kept and displayed. Therefore, the purpose of museums is, to my

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

conclusion n.结束;结论 Mr. Williams thanked his audience at the conclusion of his speech. 威廉斯先生在演讲结束时向听众表示谢意。 The committee came to the conclusion that the plan was not feasible. 该委员会得到的结论是

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500