Photo: AP Margaret Chan, Director General of World Health Organization speaks at a press conference at WHO headquarters in Geneva, 29 Dec 2009 It would be prudent and appropriate for WHO, together with our member States to continue to monitor the evo

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Business travelers cant always get where they need to go by catching a plane or taking a taxi. Sometimes we need our own means of transport, and that usually means renting a car. So, in this ESL podcast well cover language you can use when choosing a

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语旅游课程

Silicon Valley in Northern California is home to many of the worlds largest technology companies. These include Apple, Google, Oracle, Intel, Cisco Systems and Hewlett-Packard. The valley is also home to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Hong Kong entertainer Edison Chen is at the center of a scandal involving racy photos. CNN's Kristie Lu Stout reports. In the Hong Kong celebrity scene over-exposure is often the name of the game, but not like this. Racy photos, appearing the showed

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

THIS IS AMERICA - Taiwanese-American Basketball Hero Creates Linsanity FAITH LAPIDUS:Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. This week on our program: Linsanity -- why people in Taiwan a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Jackie Chan, the 62-year-old Chinese kung fu giant, hopes he could continue to shoot death-defying stunts for the movie fans. 62岁的中国功夫巨星成龙希望能继续为影迷们呈现玩命的特技效果。 He may be 62, but Chinese kung fu

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A: This is IBJ Bank, Claire speaking, how may I help you? 这里是IBJ银行。我是Claire,我能如何为您效劳呢? B: Oh, hello, yes, erm ... I've just lost my bank stuff. 喂,你好,是的,嗯我刚把我银行的东西给丢了。 A

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

成龙,1954年4月7日出生于香港中西区,中国香港男演员、导演、动作指导、制作人、编剧、歌手。 1971年以武师身份进入电影圈 。1976年在动作片《新精武门》中担任男主角。1978年主演的动作片

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

And yes, giving everyone the freedom to pursue purpose isn't gonna be free. 是的,赋予每个人追求目标的自由,这并不是免费的。 People like me should pay for it. 像我这样的人理应为此付费。 And a lot of you gonna do r

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

CNN: China has beaten the U.S. for the first time in monthly box office sales. 歪果仁喜欢什么样的国产片 According to EntGroup, a Chinese entertainment research firm, China brought in $650 million (4 billion yuan) in box office revenue for

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

US space agency NASA has successfully located India's first lunar spacecraft Chandrayaan-1 that lost contact with ground controllers on Earth eight years ago. 日前,美国航天局NASA已经成功定位到印度首艘月球太空船--月球飞船一

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Economics Report - Gold Keeps Shining, 30 Years After Nixon Ended Gold Standard This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. The best example of something is often called the gold standard. It sets the standard against which other things are mea

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-03 Mark Zuckerberg, Crying Babies and Korean Pops 马克-扎克伯格、啼哭的婴儿与韩国流行音乐 This is Whats Trending Today Zuckerberg announces $45 billion pledge Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg wrote a letter to his

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Bruce Lee's philosophy is still being picked up and taught by people around the world. 如今全世界仍然有人在学习和教授李小龙的哲学 Shi Fu Shi Yan Ming is a 34th generation Shaolin monk who defected from China to the U.S. in 1992.a

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Hong Kong action hero Jackie Chan has once again provoked criticism, this time from an American blogger, after suggesting on Chinese television that the US is the most corrupt country in the world. When you talk about corruption the whole world, is t

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

ECONOMICS REPORT - A New Chief for the Securities and Exchange Commission By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Friday, June 10, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Economics Report. The Securities

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has a goal that's even more ambitious than connecting the entire world to the internet: He and his wife want to help eradicate all disease by the end of this century. 与用互联网连接整个世界相比,社交网站脸

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg just had a baby girl named Max, and to honor the occasion he's giving away a massive portion of his wealth. 脸书CEO马克扎克伯格为自己刚出生的女儿取名Max,为了纪念女儿出生,他捐出大部分财产

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Director-General of the World Health Organization, Margaret Chan say the H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic is not as serious as anticipated. But, she says this is no time to relax, as the Pandemic is not over. Chan spoke at the opening of WHO's weeklong Ex

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

讲解 Todays key word is Tale Tale 故事 今天我们要说的这个爱情故事里,也住着一位公主。It is the love story of Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan. Mark Zuckerberg-脸书的CEO大家应该都听说过,We talked about him and

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀