Following a High-Profile Court Case Danny: Have you been following the Schirru case? Carol: Yeah, I have. I think hes guilty. Danny: Youre kidding, right? Hes innocent and this is a show trial. The district attorney is conducting a witch-hunt for his

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之日常生活

Phillipstown primary school won a High Court case today to stay open. Earlier this year, the Minister of Education, Hekia Parata, decided to close a number of primary schools in Christchurch including Phillipstown school. The school was very unhappy

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Mr Hall: I left a suitcase on the train to London the other day. Attendant: Can you describe it, sir? Mr Hall: It’s a small blue case and it’s got a zip. There’s a label on the handle with my na

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册

Turkey: A Case of Mistaken Identity And now another edition of Words and Their Stories, a VOA Learning English program about American expressions. Thanksgiving is one of the biggest American holidays. And Thanksgiving dinner is the center of the holi

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

警方赶到了本杰明家。发现他家的锁被砸坏了,屋内被翻得一片狼藉。这真的是小偷干的吗?来看看吧。 Listen Read Learn Policeman: What's the matter here? Benjamin: Somebody broke into my house in the morning. Policeman: When did you find out? Benjamin: Abou

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Idiom: On the case 一个人负责调查某个事情或者案子,特别是警察和律师这两个行业 Hit the book: Label Recycle Laptop Equivalent Municipal Portable

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Spanish Police Arrest Algerian in Bombing Case Gil Carbajal Police in Spain have arrested an Algerian man and are searching for at least five Moroccans suspected of involvement in last Thursday's bomb

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

安柏凯斯Amber Case说技术正在将我们进化成一种盯着荧屏,点击按钮的新新人类。我们现在依靠外部大脑(例如手机和计算机)来交流,记忆,甚至生活在第二人生。但是这些机器会最终把我们联

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:重释机器

NEW DELHI, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Fearing that the five accused in the horrifying rape case in the Indian capital last month could be lynched by angry crowds, a local court ordered camera proceeding of the hearings on Monday rather than in person at the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Larry和李华到博物馆去看中国艺术品的展出,不过Larry好像心情不太好。今天李华会学到两个常用语:gang up on someone和basket case. (Indoor crowd in a museum) LH: La

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

China hopes

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Neko Case生于美国弗吉尼亚州,但她童年的大部分时光却是在华盛顿度过。在15岁那年离开了父母,一个人出去打拼。三年之后,开始在多支朋克乐队担任鼓手。 歌曲:Nothing To Remember 演唱:Ne

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Defense Opens in Manning WikiLeaks Case It is his lawyers' chance to try to convince a panel of military jurors that Bradley Manning is a whistleblower, not a traitor. The defense opened its case Monday with a combat video leaked by Manning of a 2007

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

Egyptians Wonder When, If, Mubarak Case Will End Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is set to appear in court again June 8, as the case against him grinds slowly on. His retrial on charges he was complicit in the murder of protesters during the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Lesson 105 In Case 1.In case I forget,please remind me about it. 2.In case of fire,you can ring the alarm. 3.Take an umbrella with you in case in rains. 4.Tak the money in case you should need it. 5.Take warm clothes in case the weather is cold. 6.Pl

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

By Heda Bayron Hong Kong 12 May 2006 Suharto (file photo) Indonesia's attorney general has dropped a graft case against ailing former President Suharto, who is suspected of amassing billions of dollar

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

A U.S plane, front, and a Russian plane, rear, believed to be carrying agents swapped between the two countries are parked on the tarmac at Vienna's Schwechat airport, 09 Jul 2010 Russia and the United States have conducted a spy exchange at an airpo

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

By Nico Colombant Dakar 07 April 2008 A woman once forced into a life of sexual slavery and domestic labor has filed suit against the government of Niger. The case is being heard by the court of the Economic Community of West African states. The cour

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

Just before our love got lost you said I am as constant as the northern star And I said, constantly in the darkness Where's that at If you want me I'll be in the bar On the back of a cartoon coaster In the blue TV screen light I drew a map of Canada

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

USADA hails UCI's right decision in Armstrong case BEIJING, Oct. 23 (Xinhua) -- Cycling's governing body UCI has made the right decision to strip Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency chief Travis Tygart said on

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻