BRIAN: What are those? BILL: Those are campaign placards for John Black. BRIAN: Who is John Black? BILL: There's an election coming up soon. I'm voting for John Black for the U.S. Senate. I'm going to put the placards out in my yard. BRIAN: Oh, I se

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化口语

Leaders of eight leading world economies are meeting today at Camp David, in the Maryland mountains to discuss the European debt crisis. Michael Froman is president Obama's deputy national security advisor on international economics. He says the lead

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

选举 election 投票 cast a ballot 计票 count of votes 投票日 polling day 投票箱 ballot box 选举程序electoral procedures 选举大会 election meeting / electoral meeting 选举规则 election regulation 选民voter / elector 初选prim

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

The US House of Representatives has narrowly voted to continue collecting data on US phone calls. Lawmakers rejected the amendment that would have blocked funding for the National Security Agency's program, which gathers details of every call made by

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Explanation: In the United States, the president has to be re-elected every four years. The elections take place (or are held) every four years in November. Every U.S. citizen who is at least 18 years old can vote for president (or say who he or she

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Explanation: Its important for Americans to know not only who their U.S. Representative is, but also how he or she is representing them. Americans need to know how their representatives are voting and whether or not those votes accurately (or correct

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Scooch from the UK received a dismal score and were nearly last This years Eurovision Song Contest has been won by a singer from Serbia with a powerful ballad about an estranged lover . But it was a disappointing night for the UK, whose team tied wi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Questions from Listeners About How Americans Vote / Queen Latifah Explores a Musical World Before Rap By Broadcast: Friday, October 15, 2004 (MUSIC) DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

IN THE NEWS - Election Roundup By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Saturday, October 23, 2004 This is Steve Ember with In the News in VOA Special English. Americans in some states are already voting in the Nov

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

baloney kickback 有些人很善于说谎,或者是在形容某些事物的时候夸大其词。下面我们给大家介绍一个美国人在这方面常用的俗语:baloney。人们用baloney这个

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

A: Are you planning on voting? B: Yes. Are you? A: I will be voting tomorrow. B: Whats your polling place? A: My polling place is at the park up the street. B: Oh, yeah? A: Yeah, where is yours? B: I dont know. A: How is it you dont know? B: The loca

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Are you voting tomorrow? B: Of course. What about you? A: You know that I am. B: Where is your polling place? A: Its at the park up the street. B: Oh, is that right? A: Wheres your polling place? B: I have no idea. A: How come you dont know where

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Nice to meet you. B: Its very nice meeting you, too. A: Im excited to speak to a candidate. B: What would you like to ask me? A: What is your stand on gay marriage? B: I feel that people can love who they want. A: So, would you make gay marriage l

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Will you be voting? B: I will. Will you be voting? A: Well, when is the election? B: You dont know that? A: I just dont know. B: Its this Tuesday. A: You cant be serious. B: Why would I joke? A: Thanks for telling me. B: You shouldve known already

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

Language is one of the only things that we truly share, 语言是我们真正共有的唯几样事物之一, and I sometimes used this joint inheritance to obfuscate and deflect and justify myself; 而我有时候却用这共同的遗产,去混淆,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Todd: So, Aaron, how does the government work in Australia? Aaron: The government in Australia is very simple. We have two major parties. The Liberal Party and the Labor Party, and the people decide who the Prime Minister is. You chose a politician t

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

The Israeli parliament has passed a controversial law, legalizing dozens of Jewish outposts built unlawfully on private Palestinian land in the West Bank. We are not voting tonight only on the regularization bill. We are voting tonight on our right t

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

In Miami, we've commissioned and artist, a young artist named Atomico, 在迈阿密,我们委托一个艺术家,年轻的艺术家阿托米卡, to create some vivid and vibrant images for a new series of I voted stickers. 去创作栩栩如生的

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

You might ask, well, here in America, who has time for this? 你也许会问,但这是美国,谁有时间折腾这些啊? And I would tell you that the average American watches five hours of television a day. 我要告诉你,美国人平均每天

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Joining me now from Paris, with the Macron campaign is NewsHour Weekend special correspondent Malcolm Brabant. Malcolm, how much of a victory was this for him as we heard from people who were at the polls here? Some of them said this was not a vote f

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列