22 Voting in an Election GLOSSARY polling place a building (often a school or library) where people can mark apiece of paper or touch a computer screen to vote in elections * To vote, well need to go the polling place, which is at the public library

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之日常生活

Local body organisations are city or district councils, local or community boards, regional councils and District Health Boards. Different areas have different local body organisations. District Health Boards are responsible for hospitals in your are

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

97 人权组织谴责巴基斯坦选举不公 Human Rights Group Criticizes Pakistani Election Jon Tkach Islamabad 3 Jul 2001 16:08 UTC A human rights group in Pakistan is criticizing Monday's 1)munic

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(2)

The website Dictionary.com has chosen the term misinformation as its word of the year. The announcement comes less than two weeks after Oxford Dictionaries chose toxic as its word of the year. Many people mix up the meaning of misinformation with the

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Russians Vote for President In voting from the Pacific to the Baltic, turnout appears strong. Three months ago, Russias parliamentary elections were clouded by charges of widespread fraud. To combat fraud this time, more than 200,000 people are volun

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

A: Can you tell that Im excited? B: What are you excited about? A: I voted today. B: Was this your first time? A: I just turned 18 a month ago. B: Youre lucky. A: What do you mean? B: Because you turned 18 in an election year. A: I didnt even think o

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

There are only six continents where people live, but on each of these continents there are several countries. 世界上有人居住的大陆只有六个,但是每一个大陆上都有好 多个国家。 A country doesn't mean the country. 国家并不

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Hello, everyone! I'm Catherine Callaway at the CNN Center in Atlanta, with a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. It is just six weeks and a day until the Presidential Election. But Kentucky, Virginia and Georgia are heard not waiting. Those st

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(九)月

virement 转帐 visible trade 有形贸易 visible trade account 有形贸易帐 visible trade deficit 有形贸易逆差 visible trade gap 有形贸易差额 volatility 波动不定;股价波动 vo

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

AS IT IS 2015-08-06 Landmark US Law Marks 50th Anniversary Fifty years ago, U.S. President Lyndon Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act of 1965. At the ceremony, he called the measure one of the most monumental laws in the entire history of American f

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AS IT IS 2016-08-22 Hacking the U.S. Election 'Possible' But Difficult, Experts Say As recently as 2014, people could use WiFi to connect to voting machines inside certain voting places in the state of Virginia. They simply had to be nearby. Once con

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

A: Will you be voting? B: I cant wait to vote. A: Who are you voting for? B: The person Im voting for is the best. A: What do you like about him? B: He is very intelligent. A: You think so? B: Thats right. Plus, I agree with his policies. A: Im glad

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Do you plan on voting this Tuesday? B: Yes. What about you? A: I already voted. B: What do you mean you already voted? A: I had to mail in an absentee ballot. B: Whyd you have to do that? A: Im not going to be able to vote this Tuesday. B: Why is

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Will you be voting this year? B: Of course! Will you? A: This is going to be my first time voting. B: Are you serious? A: Im not sure what Im doing. B: Voting is easy. A: I dont know anything about the bills or laws theyre trying to pass. B: The b

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A senior military officer in Zimbabwe is quoted as calling on the country's troops to vote for President Robert Mugabe in the upcoming presidential runoff election against opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai. With voting due to take place in less tha

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年6月

March 25, 1965. 25,000 civil rights marchers arrive at the state capitol in Montgomery, Alabama. Martin Luther King Jr. leads the marchers in protesting the denial of voting rights to blacks in the South. However difficult the moment, however frustra

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2016年

1. Voting took a bloody turn in one town in Ukraine Sunday when national guardsmen opened fire on a crowd outside the town hall. There are reports of death, but not how many. Results of the voting in a twin referendum on sovereignty is not expected u

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(五)月

ALISON STEWART, PBS NEWSHOUR WEEKEND ANCHOR: For the first time in a presidential election, nine more states are enforcing new laws requiring eligible voters to present a government-issued photo ID at the polls. That includes New Hampshire, Virginia,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day there's some things you should know. One of them is, there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the great

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Todd: So, Aaron, how does the government work in Australia? Aaron: The government in Australia is very simple. We have two major parties. The Liberal Party and the Labor Party, and the people decide who the Prime Minister is. You chose a politician t

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂