Businessman Moise Set to Win Haiti's Presidential Election 商人莫伊兹将或将赢得海地总统大选 Haitian officials say businessman Jovenel Moise has won the country's second presidential election in two years. Moise easily defeated 26 othe

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Are Teenagers Mature Enough to Vote? 青少年是否足够成熟来行使投票权 In Ohios presidential primary recently, 17-year-olds were permitted to vote. Thats unusual because the voting age in the United States is 18. But during this election

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Explanation: Voting is one of the important rights (or freedoms) that Americans have, but not everyone can vote. The Constitution, which is the most important legal document in the United States, has 27 amendments (or changes or additions to the Cons

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Explanation: Americans have many rites of passage (or important things that one does to move from one phase of ones life to another phase) when becoming adults. One rite of passage is getting a drivers license when they turn 16. Another rite of passa

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Oh, yeah, that looks good. Perfect. 哦不错,看上去完美 The curtain on this voting booth is broken. 这个投票间的帘子坏了 I have a shower curtain at home... has an octopus on it. 我家里有一个上面有章鱼图案的洗澡帘 Uh

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 初来乍到第三季

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Four Countries Gain Increased I.M.F. Voting RightsBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, September 25, 2006 This is the VOA Special English Development Report. I.M.F. Chief Rodrigo de Ra

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(九)月

一个历史性的节点变成一场历史性的闹剧,腐国脱欧公投这事儿真是闹个不停从全球瞩目的公投结果脱欧卡梅伦撩膀子不干了英国人民悔了苏格兰嚷嚷着要独立入欧欧盟决定或把英语剔除欧盟

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Candidates Busily Seeking Support in Swing States 摇摆州成美总统候选人制胜砝码 Pennsylvania television stations are broadcasting so many political advertisements that not even a small child can miss them. So, it was no surprise last wee

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(295) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

A: Youre voting, right? B: Yes, I am, but Im not voting for who youre voting for. A: Why is that? B: I dont like that candidate. A: Why dont you like him? B: I do not find him to be very intelligent. A: He is very smart. B: Hes not smart, and I dont

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

ABUJA, NIGERIAMillions of Nigerians turned out to choose a new president Saturday, but technical problems with a new computerized anti-fraud system caused delays and long lines and prompted officials to extend voting into Sunday. It was unclear how w

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

轻松自在的工作怎么说 (2008-12-08 14:00:18) Bankers hours Banker是银行家。三十多年前银行开门营业的时间特别短,从早上十点到下午两、三点就结束了,所以银行家的上班时间每天只有四、五个小时

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Early voters turn out to vote in Chicago CHICAGO, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- While most U.S. citizens will vote next Tuesday, some of the country's early voters are already out to cast their ballots. Ms. Megan Keskitaoo from Chicago turned out to vote on Sat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 27 (Xinhua) -- The nomination ballots for 84th Annual Academy Awards were mailed Tuesday to the 5,783 voting members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), the academy announced. The voters have until Jan. 13 to

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Chinese official says that the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank will always remain open to welcoming new members. The official says this conforms to the AIIB's principle of inclusiveness and openness. Vice Finance Minister Shi Yaobin made the s

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Indonesians voting for president Indonesians are voting in the country's second direct presidential election since the overthrow of the Suharto regime in 1998. Opinion polls have given incumbent President (现任总统) Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono a comf

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Joy of Voting project isn't just about joy. It's about this passion. 选举的快乐项目并不只是关于快乐。这是激情。 It's about feeling and belief, and it isn't just our organization's work. 也是感受和信仰,不是只有我们

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

What we need today is an electoral culture that is about being together together, in person, in loud and passionate ways, 我们今天需要的是一种选举文化,人与人之间面对面交流思想,喧闹而又激情四射, that instead of

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

U.S. voter turnout likely to fall short of previous two elections WASHINGTON, Oct. 30 (Xinhua) -- Voter turnout in the 2012 U.S. presidential election will fall short of what it was in 2004 and 2008, a pollster said Tuesday. Registered voters reporte

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A referendum is a vote for a policy or idea, not a vote for a person. When we vote for an MP on 26th November, we will also vote in a referendum about the voting system. Part A asks you to vote for one of these: Do you want to keep MMP? Do you want t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Voters in Russia's far east have begun casting ballots in parliamentary elections that are expected to favor Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's United Russia party. The voting Sunday comes amid claims of campaign fraud and unprecedented intimidation of

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻