时间:2018-12-29 作者:英语课 分类:初来乍到第三季


英语课

   Oh, yeah, that looks good. Perfect. 哦不错,看上去完美


  The curtain on this voting booth is broken. 这个投票间的帘子坏了
  I have a shower curtain at home... has an octopus 1 on it. 我家里有一个上面有章鱼图案的洗澡帘
  Uh, Jess, fix this. 啊,杰丝,把它修好
  I want Election Day to run as smoothly 2 as possible. 我希望选举日会像我预想的一样顺利进行
  Our way of life depends on it. 我们的日子就靠它了
  What do you need our help with? 你需要我们帮你什么
  Setting up the polling station. 布置好投票站
  In just one week, voters will use our humble 3 restaurant 就在一个星期以后,选民会在我们这个小小的饭店里
  to choose between Bill Clinton and Bob Dole 4. 在比尔·克林顿和鲍勃·多尔之中做出抉择
  Well, at least we're getting paid for this. 好吧,至少还能赚到一点
  Only in civic 5 pride. I volunteered. 只赚到了公民荣誉感,这是我自愿的
  Divorce. 离婚
  Are you gonna register to vote this year, Mom? 你今年会登记投票吗,妈妈
  No interest. 没兴趣
  American politics is so boring compared to Taiwan. 美国政治比台湾政治无聊多了
  And those people were in the same party. 那些人还都是一个政党的
  Well, I believe in voting. 好吧,但我信任投票
  Who we pick as president matters. 我们对于总统的选择十分重要
  There's so many issues at stake. 现在有那么事情急需解决
  Please. It's not as if your vote counts. 拜托,你的选择没那么重要
  Of course it does. Evan.  当然重要,埃文
  The Electoral College 选举团
  violates the rule of "One person, one vote." 违反了“一人一票”的规则
  It was made to benefit slave-owners 这是为了通过散发选票
  by distributing votes. 而让奴隶主受益
  That means the candidate who wins the popular vote 这意味着,票数最高的候选人
  can still lose the election. 也可能会输掉选举
  And that is extremely undemocratic. 这,就极其的不民主
  But you get a sticker. 但你能拿到一卷胶带
  Why are we talking about stuff 你们为什么尽谈论些
  that no one cares about?! 没人关心的事情呢
  Tupac is dead! 图派克死了啊
  This light always takes forever. 这个红灯也太久了
  Evan, write to the city about this. 埃文,写封信给市政府投诉
  Sure, but they're getting tired of hearing from me. 当然可以,但是他们已经不想再收到我的信了
  Are you in a rush, Mom? 你很急吗,妈妈
  I'm late to close a deal I've been working on for months. 有一个我忙了几个月的合同,我已经迟到了
  This house will be my biggest sale yet. 这个房子是我到现在为止最大的一单
  Please drive the speed limit. You don't want to hit someone. 请不要超速,你可不想撞到人
  You're right. 说得对
  Then I would really be late. 那样我就真会迟到了
  Did you guys watch the news this morning? 你们今天早上看新闻了吗
  Yes! The Dow Jones is at an all-time high. 看了,道琼斯指数达到空前顶峰
  Nah, man! I said the news... MTV News. 啊,天哪,我是说新闻,音乐台新闻
  They're trying to pin Tupac's assassination 7 on Biggie! 他们想把图派克被刺杀这件事怪到贝吉身上
  Biggie didn't do it! 可贝吉什么都没做啊
  This is just a big distraction 8 so we don't ask 这就是为了掩人耳目,那样我们就不会再
  how his killer 9 obtained a Glock anyways. 追问那个凶手是怎么拿到他的格洛克枪的
  We need better gun control. 我们的枪支管制得更严格一点才行
  Which is why everyone should Rock The Vote for Clinton. 所以我们就该把票投给克林顿
  I like Bob Dole. He seems like a nice, old man. 我喜欢鲍勃·多尔,他看上去是个亲切的老男人
  He has a zero chance to win. 他完全没有机会赢得选举的
  Evan, I had no idea you were a Democrat 6. 埃文,我从来不知道你支持民主党诶
  I belong to no party. I believe in numbers. 我是无党派者,我只相信数字
  And the electoral math doesn't work out for Dole. 从选举统计的数据看,多尔机会渺茫
  Then I guess I just have to work harder 那我觉得,我得更努力地去
  spreading the Dole message. 传播多尔的思想
  Is Bob Dole the one that keeps falling off stages? 鲍勃·多尔就是那个总是摔下台的人吗
  Yeah. 是的
  Raul Ruiz! 劳尔·路易斯
  Hey! 嘿
  I just closed on my first mini-mansion... 我刚刚卖出了我第一个小型别墅
  4 bedrooms, 10 baths. 四个卧室,十个卫生间
  Very strange ratio, I know, but I made it work. 我知道这个比例很奇怪,但我做到了
  I know... It's a very big deal. 我知道,这单很大
  Mm-hmm. How's the condo market?  嗯,你的公寓卖得如何
  Ohhh. 哦
  Well, I'll try to send some business your way. 我会尽量给你多拉点生意的
  You know... 你知道吗
  I remember when I sold my first big house. 我记得我卖掉我第一个大房子的时候
  Practically my whole commission went to taxes. 事实上,我所有的佣金都用来交税了
  Based on the amount of time I spent making the sale, 考虑上我在那笔生意上花的时间
  I actually wound up losing money. 我其实是亏本的
  Congratulations on your success. 恭喜你成功了
  We've wanted her since sixth grade. 从六年级开始,我们就想坐在这张桌子上了
  The second-best table in the cafeteria. 这是食堂里第二好的桌子
  And it's right next to the gym door. 而且她就靠着体育馆门
  If you want to go play some ball, it's right there. 如果你想去打球,走几步就到了
  And there's finally enough room for all of us. 而且,终于我们所有人都有位置了
  None of us have to sit on the floor. 不用多出一个人坐在地板上了
  You mean I don't have to sit on the floor. 你的意思是,我不用再坐在地板上了
  There was no rotation 10, Dave. 当时没得选择,戴夫
  I still can't believe we got her. 我还是无法相信我们已经得到她了
  Our only real competition was Ned and his friends. 我们唯一的真正对手可是奈得和他的朋友
  Thank God he got into Morrissey. 谢天谢地他爱上了莫里西
  Singing, frowning, wearing a flower in his back pocket... 唱歌,皱眉,在他的后口袋里插花
  Now he eats lunch all alone. 现在他只能独自吃午饭了
  Guys, can we agree we're killing 11 it in eighth grade? 伙计们,我们八年级的时候肯定横扫学校了吧
  Just like how Biggie killed Tupac. 就像贝吉杀了图派克那样横扫
  One... East Coast/West Coast rivalry 12 sells albums. 第一点,东海岸和西海岸的对抗会让唱票大卖
  Biggie needed 'Pac to get paid. 贝吉需要图派克来赚钱
  Two... Puffy loves Biggie too much 第二点,帕非很喜欢贝吉
  to let him do something stupid like this. 他不会让做出这种蠢事的
  Three... Biggie travels by train. 第三点,贝吉出门都乘火车
  So you mean to tell me that Biggie traveled 而你现在是在告诉我,贝吉
  from New York to Las Vegas, 从纽约一路坐到拉斯维加斯
  saw the sunrise over the Grand Canyon 13, 在大运河上看过日出后
  and he still had enough anger inside him to shoot Tupac? 依旧难以压抑内心的怒火,跑去开枪打死了图派克吗
  Biggie's innocent. 贝吉是无辜的
  Okay. If Biggie didn't do it, then who did? 好吧,但是如果他没有杀人,是谁杀的呢
  Oh, I have my theories. 哦,我心中已有人选
  I'm so sad 我痛不欲生
  I'm so lonely, lonely 我独自一人,寂寞万分
  Lo-o-nely 寂寞万分
  I was sittin' at a red light 我坐在红灯前
  Oh. Hey. Check it out, boss. 哦,嘿,看这个,老板
  I've repurposed some of our Halloween stuff. 我重新组装了一下我们的万圣节剩下的东西
  And amber 14 waves of brains! 看那泛着波光的脑浆
  You're going to ruin Election Day. 你会毁了选举日的
  Hey! Did you sell the house? 嘿,你卖出那套房子了吗
  Yes. 当然
  Congratulations! 恭喜你
  Where's your celebration dance? 你的庆祝舞蹈呢
  Are you okay? No!  你还好吗,不好
  Raul Ruiz said that this big commission I earned 劳尔·路易斯说这笔我现在赚了这么大的一笔钱
  is going to push us into a higher tax bracket. 要被征收的税也只会更多
  I looked into it, and it's true. 我查了查,他说得对
  I'm going to end up losing money on this sale 我做这单生意还亏本了呢
  to pay more stupid taxes. 就为了付那愚蠢的税
  Well, you know, taxes aren't all bad. 你知道,税并不都是坏事
  They pay for stuff we need, like roads and schools. 他们会为我们需要的东西付钱,比如道路和学校
  Whose side are you on... 你到底站在哪边
  It's outrageous 15 that I should have to... 我难以忍受我要
  Hector? 赫克托
  Is this your car? 是你的车吗
  Ye-e-ah! 耶
  I'm into street racing 16. 我最近爱上了街头竞赛
  I have a body for drifting... 我的身体能完美适应
  A perfect 50/50 weight split. 塞车的五五重量划分
  Lucky you. My body's dumb. 你真是幸运,我的身体就很木
  Look at this paint job. 看这个漆匠活
  It's like a blue car drove through a gold waterfall 就像是一辆蓝车穿过了金色的瀑布
  and then the wind just started blowing the gold away. 之后,风开始吹拂这片金色
  Hell yeah. 天哪太棒了
  Check out my exhaust, too. Cost me about 1,000 bones. 看看排气管,这花了我大概一千块
  $1,000? 一千美元吗
  I dropped 10 grand under the hood 17, too. 我还在我的车篷上花了十块
  You can't be part of the Brown Rice Car Club 如果你没有一辆好车的话,怎么可能
  without coming correct. 成为棕米车俱乐部的一员呢
  How do you afford all this? You're a cook. 你怎么买得起这个,你只是个厨子
  And I'm supposed to split my tips with you. And I don't. 本来我应该跟你平分小费的,现在我不了
  It's all right. 没关系
  I know you and Herb are saving up for a gazebo. 我知道你和赫伯在存钱买一个露台
  Yeah. I always have a little extra 是啊,我总有点小存款
  'cause I don't pay the taxman. 因为我不需要纳税
  I took this business seminar by Wesley Snipes. 我过去参加韦斯利·斯奈普斯的业务研讨会
  It really opened up my eyes. 那真的开阔了我的视野
  Yeah. 是啊
  Jimmy just wants to fly a kite. 吉米只是想放风筝
  Where are the children supposed to play? 孩子们究竟该去哪里玩耍
  Support the Clean Parks Initiative. 请支持清洁公园倡议
  Vote "Yes" On Prop 18 B. 为B提案投出宝贵的一票
  Hm. I'm definitely voting for that. 恩,我肯定投这个
  All these political ads... you know they're just 这些政治广告,你知道的他们只是
  using that kid to manipulate you. 利用儿童来影响你
  This is Sarah. 这是萨拉
  Here we go again. 又来了
  What's wrong with Sarah? 萨拉又怎么了
  Sarah has a dream... 萨拉有个梦想
  that voters will pass a bond measure 选民们将通过债券
  for a new mixed-use sports arena 19. 建一个新的多用途体育馆
  That's just another thing that my taxes are going to pay for 这肯定又要用我交的税来建了
  that Hector will get to use for free. 但是赫克托却能免费使用
  Is he an illegal immigrant? 他是非法移民吗
  It's "Undocumented immigrant." 正确的说法是“无证件”移民
  Saying "Illegal" Is kind of offensive. 说“非法”有点过分了
  And no, Hector's a citizen. How do you know?  而且不对,赫克托是正式公民,你咋知道
  He has a Social Security number. 他有社保号码
  Well, then, doesn't the government 好吧,那么,政府
  take taxes out of his paycheck? 难道不从他薪水里扣除税收吗
  No, because he asked me to pay him 不,因为他要我通过
  through his corporation, Technotron Logistics. 他的公司,结型管效应物流,给他工资
  Hector is incorporated?! 赫克托还有合并公司
  But it costs a lot of money to incorporate. 但那要花了不少钱
  We're not even incorporated. 我们甚至都还没有合并
  Yeah, and I keep telling you we should be. 没错,但我一直和你说我们应该要去合并
  Yes, it costs money now, 是啊,那是得要花钱
  but we'd be saving so much money in the future. 但我们可以未来存不少钱
  I stopped listening after you said "It costs money now." 你说“那得花钱”之后我就没听你说话了
  Illegal immigrants keep coming onto our shores. 非法移民一直不停地来到我们的海岸
  The federal government won't stop them, 联邦政府非但不阻止他们
  yet makes us pay billions to take care of them. 反而要我们花几十亿元钱去照顾他们
  But the Wall Keepers want to stop that. 但“守护者联盟”们想阻止这一切
  I'm Jack 20 Clovis, president of the Wall Keepers 我是杰克·克洛维斯,守护者联盟的总统
  and owner of a Blimpie Subs & Salads. 还是布里姆公司一艘沙拉潜艇的拥有者
  I want to end illegal immigration 我想通过在海岸边建起
  by putting up a wall of Border Patrol agents 一堵由边境巡逻人员组成的人墙,来终结
  on our shore. 非法移民
  Enough is enough. 事情该有个了断了
  Also, come down to Blimpie's. 还有,记得来我的三明治店
  We've improved our crabmeat. 我们最近改进了蟹肉的口味
  Such fearmongering. Can you believe this ad? 这么散布恐惧,你能相信这个广告吗
  Put those back. 把那些放回去
  This is messed up. Why?  这糟透了,为什么
  You're a citizen, so... doesn't apply to you. 你是个公民,所以,对你不适用
  Jessica, these signs are a huge polling violation 21. 杰西卡,挂上这些标志严重违反了投票的规定
  No electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place. 投票站100英尺内不能有拉票活动
  I thought you'd be happy. 我以为你会高兴的
  I now see the point in voting. 我现在发现投票的重点在哪了
  But this proposition is anti-immigrant. 但这个提案可是反对移民
  So? You're an immigrant.  所以呢,你自己就是移民的
  I'm a legal immigrant. 我是合法移民
  I did it the right way. 我通过正当的途径
  I went through the immigration process. 我经历了整个移民申请过程
  I waited my turn. 我等到了我的机会
  I didn't jump the line. 又没有插队
  This is just about fairness. 这事关公平
  Oh. Hector, come back. 噢,赫克托,回来
  He's the only one with the key to the freezer. 只有他那有冰箱的钥匙
  Tupac wanted to leave Death Row Records. 图派克想离开死囚唱片公司
  His killer is obviously Suge Knight 22! 他的凶手显然是苏治·耐特
  Shh! Don't say his name, fool! 嘘,别说他的名字,傻瓜
  He's like a hip-hop Candyman! 他就像一个嘻哈甜心宝贝
  Shh! Don't say "Candyman." 嘘,别说甜心宝贝
  Man, screw Tupac. 老兄,去你的图派克
  Hey! Hey! Ooh! 嘿,噢,嘿
  Tupac wasn't really a thug! 图派克不是真正的暴徒
  He went to a fancy performing-arts school. 他去了一家高级表演艺术学校
  He studied acting 23 and ballet. 学了表演和芭蕾
  He was in "The Nutcracker" And played the damn Mouse King. 他在胡桃夹子里演那只老鼠国王
  "Thug life"? Try "Hug life." 暴徒生活,还不如说是拥抱生活
  That's immaterial, homey. 那些都不重要的,老兄
  Walter, stick to the question at hand. 沃尔特,说回刚才说的话题
  Who do you think killed him? 你觉得是谁杀的
  Courtney Love. 科特妮·洛芙
  That's stupid! 不可能
  This has Tony Danza written all over it. 托尼·丹扎都写过了
  For real?! 真的吗
  I just read in Source magazine 我刚看了《源》杂志
  that Tony Danza used to write to 'Pac when he was in prison. 托尼·丹扎在蹲监狱的时候曾经写信给图派克
  So? They're pen pals 24. 所以呢,他俩是笔友
  It's super-weird but not a big deal. 这很奇怪,可没啥大不了
  Yeah, but here's the thing about Tony Danza... 是的,但是这有件关于托尼·丹扎的事
  He doesn't like it when other people succeed. 他不喜欢看到别人成功
  Tony Danza is the first person to lift someone up! 他可是第一个鼓舞人心的家伙
  His letters were the only thing keeping 'Pac alive! 他的信是图派克活着唯一的理由
  I have a question... 我有个问题
  Who's Tupac, again? 再问一遍,谁是图派克
  I bet Lil' Kim and Faith Evans teamed up. 我敢打赌莉莉金和费丝·伊文斯联手了
  Naw, man! It was... No, I know who did it!  不是的,老兄,其实是... 不对,我知道是谁干的
  It's my turn to talk, tricks! 骗子们,轮到我说话了
  No, I think it's your turn to shut up! 不,我觉得该你闭嘴了
  Your mom didn't tell me to shut up 我带你妈去吃晚饭看电影时
  when I took her to dinner and a movie. 她可没叫我闭嘴
  Oh, did you order the nuggets off the kids menu? 噢,你有没有从孩童菜单上点一份金块
  Ask her to cut up your hot dog? 请她切掉你的热狗
  At least Brian believes in Christmas. 起码布莱恩相信圣诞节
  We are Unitarian! 我们是一神论者
  I can't listen to a guy who has a crush on the school nurse. 我可不能听信一个喜欢学校护士的人
  She's fine and she take care of me. 她人很好,而且她很照顾我
  You know what? I'm not really enjoying this table right now. 你知道吗,我现在可不喜欢这张桌子
  Me neither. This blows. I'm out.  我也不喜欢,这糟透了,我走了
  Guys, come back! We could lose the table!  哥们,回来,我们会失去这张桌子的
  Did Tupac sing "Parents Just Don't Understand"? 图派克有没有唱过《家长就是不明白》
  Guys?! 哥们
  Vote for Bob Dole? 为鲍勃·多尔投一票吧
  Don't you want to vote for a sweet grandpa? 你难道不想为一位可爱的爷爷投票吗
  Vote for Bob Dole. 为鲍勃·多尔投一票吧
  Are you voting for Clinton or Dole this year, sir? 先生,你今年准备投给克林顿还是多尔
  I'm voting for the Green Party candidate. 我会投给绿党的候选人
  Oh. Okay. 噢,好吧
  Well, I'll vote for this chair, then, 那么我会投给这把椅子
  'cause it has an equal chance of winning. 因为他俩赢得选举的机会是一样的
  Here, Emery. Let me help you. 来吧,埃默里,让我来帮你
  Here you go. Vote for Dole. 拿去吧,为多尔投票
  Thanks, Evan. 谢谢,埃文
  I'm thrilled you've decided 25 to join the revolution. 我很激动你已经决定加入这场革命了
  Oh, I haven't. 噢,我还没有
  I'm just trying to prove to you 我只是想向你证明
  that we can hand out all these buttons 就算我们可以发完这些纽扣
  and it still won't make a difference. 也丝毫不会影响到选举的结果
  Listen to the wind, brother. 顺其自然吧,老哥
  Boys! No electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place! 孩子们,投票点100英尺内不准有任何拉票活动
  What about Hector? 那赫克托呢
  No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! 不,不,不,不
  What the hell?! 搞什么鬼
  I brought my car club to protest 我带了我的汽车俱乐部成员来抗议
  Jessica's support of Prop 187. 杰西卡对第187号提案的支持
  Don't worry. They'll be gone soon. 别担心,他们很快就要走了
  I called the authorities. 我给政府打了电话
  The police can't do anything. It's a peaceful protest. 警察什么也做不了,这是个和平抗议
  I didn't call the police. 我并不是打给了警察
  Wake up! 快醒来
  Register and vote! 注册然后投票
  Rock the Vote! 让投票嗨起来
  Naw. My friends are irritating the hell out of me right now. 不要,我的小伙伴们现在快把我烦死了
  They all act like they're the smartest ones at the table. 他们表现得好像自己是桌上最聪明的人
  I don't need to be around people like that. 我才不想跟他们那种人一起混
  But Biggie didn't kill Tupac! 但是贝吉没有杀了图派克
  Thank you. 谢谢你
  And now for the posthumous 26 premiere 现在是图派克死后首映的
  of Tupac's "Toss It Up," 《全扔掉》
  featuring Danny Boy and K-Ci & JoJo. 由丹尼男孩和KC久久主演
  Toss it up 全扔掉
  Lord have mercy, Father help us all 主有慈悲,神父帮助我们所有人
  Since you supplied your phone number 因为你主动给了你的电话
  I can't help but call 所以我忍不住打了你的电话
  Time for action, conversatin', we relaxin' 是时候行动了,交谈吧,我们放松
  Oh, my God. 噢,我的上帝
  I can't believe you called INS to do a sweep. 我不敢相信你竟叫了移民局来清查
  If everyone is here legally, there should be no problem. 如果在场的每个人都是合法身份,那应该就没问题啊
  You can still get him. 你们还能抓到他
  There's a long, terrible light at the end of the street. 在这条街尽头有一个等待时间超长的红灯
  It takes, like, five minutes. 它需要等五分钟左右
  Ma'am, you'll have to come with us. Why?  女士,你必须跟我们来一趟,为什么
  We ran a check on everyone here 我们对在场的所有人做了检查
  and found two illegal immigrants... 并发现两名非法移民
  Hector Martinez and you. 赫克托·马丁内兹和你
  What?! Ma'am?  什么,女士
  Ma'am? 女士
  She's shutting down. 她把自己封闭起来了
  I've seen this before... When Connie Chung 我之前也见过她这个样子,当宗毓华
  blew off her autograph request at Nordstrom's. 取消了她在百货店的签售会时候,她就是这样
  Again, we don't speak Spanish. 再说一次,我们不说西班牙语
  He was the only attorney I could find on short notice. 他是我在这么短时间内可以请到的唯一的律师
  Plus, he gave me a free T-shirt. 而且,他给了我一件免费短袖
  Okay, here. 好吧,看过来
  Just fill this out to update your Green Card 只要填好这个,更新你的绿卡
  and restore your permanent-resident status. 就可以重获你的永久居民身份
  I thought "Permanent resident" Meant "Permanent." 我还以为永久居民就意味着永久
  I didn't know I had to keep renewing my Green Card. 我不知道我还要一直更新我的绿卡
  I would have found this out sooner 我本来可以更早发现这点的
  if you'd ever registered to vote. 如果你早先就注册参加投票的话
  I'm a permanent resident. It's basically the same thing. 我是一个永久居民,基本上是没差的
  So you just plan to have a Green Card forever. 所以你打算永远使用绿卡
  Don't you want to become a citizen? 你难道不想成为美国公民吗
  I tried, but the process was so... 我试过了,但是过程实在是太
  They interrogate 27 you and they ask you 他们审问你并且问了你无数个问题
  a million questions, like you're a criminal, 就好像你是个犯人一样
  like they're trying to catch you in a lie. 就好像他们准备逮住你在撒谎
  Plus, you have to take a test, 而且,你得参加一个考试
  memorize the Pledge of Allegiance. 记下效忠誓言
  Why would I want to do all that? 为什么我要受这些罪
  To vote, to be on game shows... 为了投票,为了参加游戏展会
  It takes years, it's expensive, 过程要好几年,非常贵
  and it's all for a piece of paper 而且只是为了一张纸
  that will make no difference in my day-to-day life. 这张纸对我的日常生活没有丝毫改变
  Is that why you never wear the American-flag pin I got you? 这就是你为什么从来不戴我给你的美国国旗别针吗
  No, I don't wear that because I don't like holes in my shirt. 不是,我不戴那个是因为我不喜欢在我的衣服上有洞
  I'll send you a bill. 我会给你寄一份账单
  And I will wait till the final-reminder letter 我会一直等到最后一封提示信时
  to pay it. 才去付款
  Oh. Hector called. 噢,赫克托打来电话
  He quit. 他辞职了
  He's afraid to set foot in here 他不敢踏进这里半步
  now that the INS knows about him. 现在移民局已经知道他了
  So he really is undocumented. 所以他真的是无证件居民
  He said his folks came here from Mexico 他说他还是个婴儿的时候,他的家人们
  for a better life when he was a baby. 就为了过上更好的生活,从墨西哥来到了这里
  I bet he was a really cute baby. 我打赌他是一个非常可爱的婴儿
  Well, I'm sorry about Hector, 我对赫克托的事很抱歉
  but the rules are the rules. 但规定就是规定
  How could you say that? 你怎么能这么说
  Right now, you're technically 28 an undocumented immigrant, too. 现在,严格上说,你也是个无证件的移民
  But my situation is different. 但我的情况不同
  I just messed up some paperwork. 我只是文件没有申请正确
  Hector is here illegally. 赫克托可是非法的
  Do you know who the original illegal immigrants were? 你知道最早的非法移民是谁吗
  The Pilgrims. 清教徒
  This country was founded by illegal immigrants. 这个国家就是由非法移民建起来的
  Like my porcelain 29 Colonial mice figurines. 就好像我的陶瓷老鼠殖民雕像一样
  I know. 我知道
  And I respect them. 而且我尊重他们
  This issue is too complex to be reduced to a sound bite... 这件事太复杂,不能化小
  Like that Wall Keepers ad that manipulated you. 就像那个操控你的看门广告一样
  Or that Clean Parks ad that manipulated you. 或者那个清洁公园的广告操控了你一样
  That's different. Jimmy needs to fly his kite. 那不一样,我们得让吉米有机会放风筝啊
  Look, people like Hector are stuck in a gray area. 听着,像赫克托一样的人们正处于灰色地带
  His parents brought him here. He was raised in this country. 他的父母把他带来,他在这个国家长大
  He loves America. He has a family. 他热爱美国,他有一个家庭
  What if it were you? 如果那是你呢
  Besides, he's the hardest worker we have. 而且,他是我们这里最勤劳的员工
  I mean, who's gonna do a better job... Nancy? 我的意思是,谁能更好地胜任这个工作,南希吗
  I've already dropped two taco platters, 我已经砸掉了两个卷饼盘子
  and I'm not even on the clock yet. 我都还没有到上班的钟点呢
  Thank you for coming. 感谢你们能来
  I'm sorry things got so heated. 我很抱歉事态演变得如此剧烈
  That "Hot dog" Comment hurt. 那个热狗的说法很伤人
  I have to cut them up because my jaw 30 has a weak hinge. 我不得不切断它,因为我的下颌咬合力很弱
  And we could've lost our friendship 而且我们友谊的小船翻了
  over what turned out was just us being ill-informed. 而且是因为我们被误导了
  New information has come to light. 新的信息已大白于天下
  What are you pointing at? 你在指什么呢
  Wait for it. 等着吧
  Lord have mercy, Father...  主有慈悲,神父
  He's wearing Penny Hardaways! 他穿着哈达威的鞋子
  And when did Nike release those? 耐克什么时候发行这些的
  Like... A week ago. 好像是,一周以前
  Which is way after Tupac died. 这时候图派克已经死了
  It's like this video was shot after his death. 就好像这个视频是在他死后拍摄的
  So, are you saying... 所以,你是说
  Tupac is not the guy that sang "Parents Just Don't Understand"? 图派克不是唱那首《父母就是不明白》的歌的人
  What I'm saying is that none of us are right 我想说的是,关于图派克是被谁杀死的
  about who killed Tupac... 我们全说错了
  Because Tupac is still alive. 因为图派克还活着
  It makes sense. 有道理
  Walter said he was an actor. 沃尔特说过他是一名演员
  Maybe Tupac staged his death to get out of the rap game. 也许图派克自导自演了他的死亡,就为了跳出说唱圈子
  Well, that's stupid. 好吧,那真愚蠢
  He probably did it to boost sales. 他可能是为了促进销量
  Yo! We can disagree and still be friends. 你看,我们可以意见不同,但仍是朋友
  It doesn't have to turn into a fight. 我们不需要吵架
  Like, we can insult each other, but just do it in a funny way. 就好像,我们可以互相辱骂,但可以用一种有趣的方式
  Like how you're a baby who sleeps with a Gloworm? 就好像你是个抱着萤火虫睡觉的孩子一样
  Not like that, no. 不是那样的,不行
  Sorry. 抱歉
  It's okay. 没关系
  I'm just saying... 我只是想说
  Every time a rapper dies, their sales go up. 每次有说唱歌手死掉,他们的唱片销量都会上升
  So it makes sense that Tupac would've thought... 所以说得通,图派克可能已经想到了
  Voting is about to begin. 投票要开始了
  I'm expecting long lines. 我觉得会排起长队
  If you can't handle it, guess what. 如果你不能处理这个场面,你猜怎么着
  You can. 不行也得行
  Hey, boss. 嗨老板
  Hector. I thought you quit. 赫克托,我以为你辞职了
  I did. But then, uh, Jessica called me. 我本来辞了,但后来,杰西卡打电话给我
  We went to see that immigration attorney. 我们去见了那个移民律师
  He figured out how to get Hector right with the law. 他想出来怎么让赫克托变成合法的
  I have to pay all my back taxes, but if I sell my car, 我必须付清过去所有税款,但如果我卖了车
  then I should be able to cover what I owe. 我就可以还清我欠下的
  I'll have to return to Mexico for 30 days 我必须回墨西哥三十天
  and, uh, reapply for my visa, 重新申请我的签证
  but, uh, he said it shouldn't be a problem. 但是他说应该没什么问题
  But when he comes back, 但当他回来后
  Hector's going to help us incorporate. 赫克托将会帮我们合并
  He says it will cost money now, 他说那是得要花钱
  but we'll save so mu money in the future. 但将来我们会省下一大笔
  That is literally 31 what I said. I said the exact same thing. 这正是我说的,我说了完全一样的东西
  I think you put Hector through enough. 我相信你已经让赫克托受够了
  We are even now. 现在我们扯平了
  Please don't embarrass me by thanking me, 请别用感谢来让我难堪
  and I won't embarrass you by apologizing. 而且我也不会道歉来让你难堪
  O...kay. 好吧
  I'm sorry for not being straight with you, boss. 我很抱歉我没有实话实说,老板
  It's all right. 没关系
  I really thought you were a citizen, though. 不过我真以为你是美国公民
  You gave me a Social Security number. 你给了我一个社保号码
  I gave you the code to get directly to Mike Tyson 我给了你在《拳无虚发》游戏里
  in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! 直接打到迈克·泰森的密码
  007-37-3596  007-37-3596.
  Oh. 哦
  It's time to go live! 是时候开始啦
  Unlock the doors. 打开大门
  Precinct 42 is officially open for democracy!  42选区正式向民主开放
  I can't believe only four voters showed up. 我不敢相信只有四个人来投票
  With voter apathy 32 at an all-time high, 选民们的漠不关心程度达到历史最高
  this election had the lowest turnout in modern history. 这次选举是现代历史上参加率最低的一次
  But break out the Cuban sandwiches, 但却造成了古巴大三明治的走红
  because Prop. 187 was stopped at the border. 因为第187号提提案在国境线上被截停了下来
  What Gus is trying to say is that it was defeated. 格斯想说的是它没有通过
  It's a confusing, racially problematic 他的措辞比较有迷惑性
  choice of words. 有种族歧视的嫌疑
  Well, tell that to all the open mics where it killed. 好吧这句话该向着支持他的人去说
  Countywide early returns indicate 全国范围内的票站调查显示
  all precincts went to Bill Clinton. 所有选区倾向了比尔·克林顿
  Hell yeah! 太好了
  Except for Precinct 42, 除了选区42号
  where Bob Dole miraculously 33 won by a landslide 34! 在这里鲍勃·多尔奇迹般地获胜
  Yes! You said that Bob Dole wouldn't win any precincts! 太好了,你说过鲍勃·多尔不会赢下任何一个选区的
  Yes, congratulations on your victory, Emery. 是啊,恭喜你胜利了,埃默里
  Who did you vote for, Dad? 你投给了谁,爸爸
  Oh, no. 哦,不
  I was so focused on running the polling station, 我太专注于管理投票点了
  I forgot to vote. 我忘记投票了
  I'm part of the problem. 我就是那些漠不关心的选民
  You are also part of the solution. 但你解决了一个问题
  I decided I'm going to apply for citizenship 35. 我决定申请入籍
  That's fantastic! 太棒了
  I'm not going to let the process intimidate 36 me. 我不会被入籍过程吓倒的
  Bring on the interrogation. I'm ready. 开始审问吧,我准备好了
  Mm. I want to be able to vote. 嗯,我想要参加投票
  And to be on "Wheel of Fortune" One day. 并且有一天能参加幸运轮
  Whoo! 哇
  Oh, no! Our table! 哦不,我们的桌子
  I'm depressed 37. 我很郁闷
  What do we do? 我们怎么办
  I'm not gonna tell him to move. It would devastate 38 him. 我不会叫他走开的,那会让他崩溃的
  I guess we'll make it work. 我猜我们能搞定的
  Of course I'm sitting on the floor again. 当然,我又得坐在了地板上
  Of course I am. 当然了
  We'll do a rotation. I... 我们轮流,我
  Oh, don't! 别

1 octopus
n.章鱼
  • He experienced nausea after eating octopus.吃了章鱼后他感到恶心。
  • One octopus has eight tentacles.一条章鱼有八根触角。
2 smoothly
adv.平滑地,顺利地,流利地,流畅地
  • The workmen are very cooperative,so the work goes on smoothly.工人们十分合作,所以工作进展顺利。
  • Just change one or two words and the sentence will read smoothly.这句话只要动一两个字就顺了。
3 humble
adj.谦卑的,恭顺的;地位低下的;v.降低,贬低
  • In my humble opinion,he will win the election.依我拙见,他将在选举中获胜。
  • Defeat and failure make people humble.挫折与失败会使人谦卑。
4 dole
n.救济,(失业)救济金;vt.(out)发放,发给
  • It's not easy living on the dole.靠领取失业救济金生活并不容易。
  • Many families are living on the dole since the strike.罢工以来,许多家庭靠失业救济金度日。
5 civic
adj.城市的,都市的,市民的,公民的
  • I feel it is my civic duty to vote.我认为投票选举是我作为公民的义务。
  • The civic leaders helped to forward the project.市政府领导者协助促进工程的进展。
6 democrat
n.民主主义者,民主人士;民主党党员
  • The Democrat and the Public criticized each other.民主党人和共和党人互相攻击。
  • About two years later,he was defeated by Democrat Jimmy Carter.大约两年后,他被民主党人杰米卡特击败。
7 assassination
n.暗杀;暗杀事件
  • The assassination of the president brought matters to a head.总统遭暗杀使事态到了严重关头。
  • Lincoln's assassination in 1865 shocked the whole nation.1865年,林肯遇刺事件震惊全美国。
8 distraction
n.精神涣散,精神不集中,消遣,娱乐
  • Total concentration is required with no distractions.要全神贯注,不能有丝毫分神。
  • Their national distraction is going to the disco.他们的全民消遣就是去蹦迪。
9 killer
n.杀人者,杀人犯,杀手,屠杀者
  • Heart attacks have become Britain's No.1 killer disease.心脏病已成为英国的头号致命疾病。
  • The bulk of the evidence points to him as her killer.大量证据证明是他杀死她的。
10 rotation
n.旋转;循环,轮流
  • Crop rotation helps prevent soil erosion.农作物轮作有助于防止水土流失。
  • The workers in this workshop do day and night shifts in weekly rotation.这个车间的工人上白班和上夜班每周轮换一次。
11 killing
n.巨额利润;突然赚大钱,发大财
  • Investors are set to make a killing from the sell-off.投资者准备清仓以便大赚一笔。
  • Last week my brother made a killing on Wall Street.上个周我兄弟在华尔街赚了一大笔。
12 rivalry
n.竞争,竞赛,对抗
  • The quarrel originated in rivalry between the two families.这次争吵是两家不和引起的。
  • He had a lot of rivalry with his brothers and sisters.他和兄弟姐妹间经常较劲。
13 canyon
n.峡谷,溪谷
  • The Grand Canyon in the USA is 1900 metres deep.美国的大峡谷1900米深。
  • The canyon is famous for producing echoes.这个峡谷以回声而闻名。
14 amber
n.琥珀;琥珀色;adj.琥珀制的
  • Would you like an amber necklace for your birthday?你过生日想要一条琥珀项链吗?
  • This is a piece of little amber stones.这是一块小小的琥珀化石。
15 outrageous
adj.无理的,令人不能容忍的
  • Her outrageous behaviour at the party offended everyone.她在聚会上的无礼行为触怒了每一个人。
  • Charges for local telephone calls are particularly outrageous.本地电话资费贵得出奇。
16 racing
n.竞赛,赛马;adj.竞赛用的,赛马用的
  • I was watching the racing on television last night.昨晚我在电视上看赛马。
  • The two racing drivers fenced for a chance to gain the lead.两个赛车手伺机竞相领先。
17 hood
n.头巾,兜帽,覆盖;v.罩上,以头巾覆盖
  • She is wearing a red cloak with a hood.她穿着一件红色带兜帽的披风。
  • The car hood was dented in.汽车的发动机罩已凹了进去。
18 prop
vt.支撑;n.支柱,支撑物;支持者,靠山
  • A worker put a prop against the wall of the tunnel to keep it from falling.一名工人用东西支撑住隧道壁好使它不会倒塌。
  • The government does not intend to prop up declining industries.政府无意扶持不景气的企业。
19 arena
n.竞技场,运动场所;竞争场所,舞台
  • She entered the political arena at the age of 25. 她25岁进入政界。
  • He had not an adequate arena for the exercise of his talents.他没有充分发挥其才能的场所。
20 jack
n.插座,千斤顶,男人;v.抬起,提醒,扛举;n.(Jake)杰克
  • I am looking for the headphone jack.我正在找寻头戴式耳机插孔。
  • He lifted the car with a jack to change the flat tyre.他用千斤顶把车顶起来换下瘪轮胎。
21 violation
n.违反(行为),违背(行为),侵犯
  • He roared that was a violation of the rules.他大声说,那是违反规则的。
  • He was fined 200 dollars for violation of traffic regulation.他因违反交通规则被罚款200美元。
22 knight
n.骑士,武士;爵士
  • He was made an honourary knight.他被授予荣誉爵士称号。
  • A knight rode on his richly caparisoned steed.一个骑士骑在装饰华丽的马上。
23 acting
n.演戏,行为,假装;adj.代理的,临时的,演出用的
  • Ignore her,she's just acting.别理她,她只是假装的。
  • During the seventies,her acting career was in eclipse.在七十年代,她的表演生涯黯然失色。
24 pals
n.朋友( pal的名词复数 );老兄;小子;(对男子的不友好的称呼)家伙
  • We've been pals for years. 我们是多年的哥们儿了。
  • CD 8 positive cells remarkably increased in PALS and RP(P CD8+细胞在再生脾PALS和RP内均明显增加(P 来自互联网
25 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
  • This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
  • There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
26 posthumous
adj.遗腹的;父亡后出生的;死后的,身后的
  • He received a posthumous award for bravery.他表现勇敢,死后受到了嘉奖。
  • The legendary actor received a posthumous achievement award.这位传奇男星在过世后获得终身成就奖的肯定。
27 interrogate
vt.讯问,审问,盘问
  • The lawyer took a long time to interrogate the witness fully.律师花了很长时间仔细询问目击者。
  • We will interrogate the two suspects separately.我们要对这两个嫌疑人单独进行审讯。
28 technically
adv.专门地,技术上地
  • Technically it is the most advanced equipment ever.从技术上说,这是最先进的设备。
  • The tomato is technically a fruit,although it is eaten as a vegetable.严格地说,西红柿是一种水果,尽管它是当作蔬菜吃的。
29 porcelain
n.瓷;adj.瓷的,瓷制的
  • These porcelain plates have rather original designs on them.这些瓷盘的花纹很别致。
  • The porcelain vase is enveloped in cotton.瓷花瓶用棉花裹着。
30 jaw
n.颚,颌,说教,流言蜚语;v.喋喋不休,教训
  • He delivered a right hook to his opponent's jaw.他给了对方下巴一记右钩拳。
  • A strong square jaw is a sign of firm character.强健的方下巴是刚毅性格的标志。
31 literally
adv.照字面意义,逐字地;确实
  • He translated the passage literally.他逐字逐句地翻译这段文字。
  • Sometimes she would not sit down till she was literally faint.有时候,她不走到真正要昏厥了,决不肯坐下来。
32 apathy
n.漠不关心,无动于衷;冷淡
  • He was sunk in apathy after his failure.他失败后心恢意冷。
  • She heard the story with apathy.她听了这个故事无动于衷。
33 miraculously
ad.奇迹般地
  • He had been miraculously saved from almost certain death. 他奇迹般地从死亡线上获救。
  • A schoolboy miraculously survived a 25 000-volt electric shock. 一名男学生在遭受2.5 万伏的电击后奇迹般地活了下来。
34 landslide
n.(竞选中)压倒多数的选票;一面倒的胜利
  • Our candidate is predicated to win by a landslide.我们的候选人被预言将以绝对优势取胜。
  • An electoral landslide put the Labour Party into power in 1945.1945年工党以压倒多数的胜利当选执政。
35 citizenship
n.市民权,公民权,国民的义务(身份)
  • He was born in Sweden,but he doesn't have Swedish citizenship.他在瑞典出生,但没有瑞典公民身分。
  • Ten years later,she chose to take Australian citizenship.十年后,她选择了澳大利亚国籍。
36 intimidate
vt.恐吓,威胁
  • You think you can intimidate people into doing what you want?你以为你可以威胁别人做任何事?
  • The first strike capacity is intended mainly to intimidate adversary.第一次攻击的武力主要是用来吓阻敌方的。
37 depressed
adj.沮丧的,抑郁的,不景气的,萧条的
  • When he was depressed,he felt utterly divorced from reality.他心情沮丧时就感到完全脱离了现实。
  • His mother was depressed by the sad news.这个坏消息使他的母亲意志消沉。
38 devastate
v.使荒芜,破坏,压倒
  • A few days before,a fire had devastated large parts of Windsor Castle.几天前,温莎城堡的大部分被一场大火烧毁。
  • Earthquakes can also cause tsunamis,which devastate coastal regions.地震还引发海啸,它直接破坏海岸地区。
标签: 初来乍到
学英语单词
a plea of duress
Acheson, Dean Gooderham
agead
Akkabak
alpha-code
amphi-naphthoquinone
analysis of materials' placement
annual rate of profit
anzia ornata
AO (ANALOG OUTPUT)
Aroset
ashpan hopper
back-up block
be in the mood for to do something
bisect
Caillan's butter
calcaneal branches
Castiadas
centralized engine room control system
churchmanly
coal classification
come to somebody's knowledge
compoumd bayberry powder
contra bonos mores
deal-maker
departure indicator circuit
design asphalt content
Deuteromyces
diaapore
diffed
duck's bill
ELPHR (Experimental Low-Temperature Process Heat Reactor)
endometriosis of uterosacral ligament
Epeans
eskimo cloth
ethylbenzene
Eurya loquaiana
flat rate
fluidized bed gasifier
footstep pivot
for-saler
gingerbreaded
go sightseeing
gradient of equal traction
H7N9
high pressure water jet cutting
hire labo(u)r rate
hydraulic pilot control
hydroeuxenite
hypophrenia
irideous
jensx
khordads
kragness
lack of fit mean square
lopokovas
luminescence analysis
malt sprout
malum coxae
manufacturing machine
Marchwood
mediaplayer
modulated amplifier
most similar
mvps
nesa
noise equivalent input (nei)
nonroughage
otitis externa
parity price
pay off debt
pericaecitis
phenomenological description
piston ring joint
polar tube
psychological problems
pudwhacker
pulsating current factor
punching sack
Rachel sandwich
reduction coefficient
repeated permutation
right skewness
risk coefficient
root estimator
s Speech
salcrete
sempiterne
sensitive apparatus
severe environment computer
shore wave recorder
single-organismic
social being
subclinical infection
surprising
third kingdom
transmural pressure
tropical maritime air mass
tryal
two-tension bar loader
un auspicious
Wangolodougou