时间:2018-12-29 作者:英语课 分类:初来乍到第三季


英语课

   Evan, I know you're nervous 埃文,我知道你第一次


  about your first grown-up haircut, 剪男子汉的发型很紧张
  but you're in safe hands with Reuben. 但是你完全可以放心交给鲁本
  He's the best in the biz. 他是理发界翘楚
  I used to cut Gregory Hines' hair. 我以前给格雷戈里·海因斯理发
  So what will it be today, Louis? 今天剪什么样的发型,路易斯
  Well, with Chinese New Year coming up, 中国的新年就要来了
  we're gonna need extra fresh cuts. 我们要搞个新造型
  Better make it two usuals. 就剪两个基本款吧
  Actually, I'll have the "Randy." 事实上,给我剪个兰迪款的发型
  The who? 谁
  Randy from "Home Improvement." 《家居装饰》里的兰迪
  You know, Jonathan Taylor Thomas. 你知道的,乔纳森·泰勒·托马斯
  Is that one person or three people? 那是一个人还是三个人
  One, but with the talent of three. 一个人,但是集三个人的才华于一身
  Okay, your haircut, your choice. 那好,你的发型你做主
  One usual and one "Randy," Please. 一个平常款,一个兰迪款,谢谢
  A usual and a "Randy," Coming up. 一个平常款,一个兰迪款,马上好
  I hope we don't run into any balloons on our way home 我希望我们回家路上别撞到气球
  because we are gonna look sharp. 因为我们即将变得十分犀利
  Thanks, Reuben. 谢了,鲁本
  See, what did I tell you? Isn't Reuben the best? 看,我告诉过你的,鲁本是最棒的吧
  Art thou the bird who man loves best? 什么样的鸟深受人类的喜爱
  The pious 1 bird with the scarlet 2 breast. 是那虔诚的猩红的鸟啊
  Is that a "Yes, I returned Marvin's birdfeeder" 你的回答到底是,是的,我把马文的《喂鸟人》还回去了
  or a "No, I didn't return Marvin's birdfeeder"? 还是,没有,我没还
  Yes, I returned it. 是的,我还回去了
  Good, Louis is clean. 好,路易斯的帐算干净了
  That just leave you boys, with the exception of Emery, 就只剩你们几个小子了,除了埃默里
  who is clean all year round. 一整年都乖乖的
  I don't get why we're going through 我不懂我们为什么要
  all this trouble for a holiday. 为了这么一个节日遭这么多罪
  Having a clean slate 3 is an important part 算清旧账,是迎接新年
  of the lunar New Year. 的重要部分
  All debts, disputes, and grudges 4 have to be resolved 所有的账单,争端,怨恨都必须解决妥当
  in order to ensure good fortune for the coming year. 以辞旧迎新,迎春接福
  Mom's just looking out for future us. 妈妈只是为我们未来做打算
  Well, she better also be looking our for Mariah Carey 她最好也打算打算玛丽亚·凯莉
  because that's who the future me is married to. 因为她是我未来媳妇
  I'm gonna marry Jewel. 我以后要娶珠儿
  Stay away from Jewel. 离我的珠儿远点
  Evan, did you settle things with Carol-Joan 埃文,那个事件过后你和卡罗尔·琼
  after your incident? 之间的问题解决了吗
  And so the bartender says, "Why the big pause?" 然后那个酒保问"怎么还大喘气了"(与爪子paws谐音)
  And the bear says... 熊说
  "I don't know. I've always had them."  "我也不知道,我一直有爪子呀"
  I apologized with a fig 5 basket. 我送无花果篮去道歉了
  It's done. Good.  解决了,好
  Eddie, did you care for Grandma's flowers 埃迪,你奉我之命
  like I asked you to? 照顾奶奶的花了吗
  Care for them? 照顾它们
  I spoiled them. 我都快把它们惯坏了
  Turns out, they love Mr. Pibb. 我发现,它们可喜欢碳酸饮料了
  Technically 6, it's still alive, so good enough. 理论上,它们还活着,够好了
  Second cousin Susan? 你的二表姐苏珊
  You've been in a fight with her for 30 years. 你跟她互怼了三十年
  Louis, do you know what this means? 路易斯,你知道这意味着什么吗
  This could be the first time our entire family has 这没准是第一次咱们全家
  a clean slate for the New Year! 新年能算清旧账
  Imagine what that kind of good fortune could mean 想象这能给我们未来的生意和刮刮乐
  for our future business dealings and scratch-offs. 带来多大的好运啊
  But, Mom, you've never had a clean slate. 但是,妈妈,你从来没有算清过旧账
  You always end up getting into a fight with somebody. 你每次都跟别人撕起来
  You're kind of a loose cannon 7. 你就像一点就着的火药
  A loose cannon downs more ships. 一点就着的火药能击沉更多的船
  I don't... Don't worry.  我不认为,别担心
  This year, to ensure success, 今年,为了保证成功
  I am putting myself on lock down. 我要进入休眠状态了
  If I don't leave the house, I can't get into any fights. 如果我不离开这幢房子,我就不会跟人掐起来
  Really? You're just gonna stay inside? 真的吗,你就待在家里吗
  I've already run all my errands, 我已经做完了所有的事
  paid all my debts, settled my disputes, 付了全部账单,解决了我的争端
  and had enough time to rent "Courage Under Fire." 有足够的时间去租《生死豪情》
  Um... 嗯
  Who is that? 这是谁
  Very... 非常
  Simon, welcome. 西蒙,欢迎你
  Eddie will take good care of you. 埃迪会照顾好你的
  Me? Have Evan do it. 我,让埃文去做啊
  He's basically a big Evan. Look at him! 他看上去就是大一号的埃文,你看看他
  Welcoming family is an important New Year's tradition. 好客就是一个重要的新年传统
  He is your new "Grandma's flowers." 他就是奶奶的新宠花
  Don't let him die. 别把他养死
  Organize my dress socks 理理我的袜子
  Why don't I organize my dress socks? 何不理理我的袜子
  Organize my dress socks and put them away 理理我的袜子,把它们放好
  Uh... Dad. 呃,爸爸
  Oh, Evan, hi. What's up? 埃文,嗨,有事吗
  I have a problem. 我有麻烦了
  The letter was right here, stamped and addressed, 信刚才就在这,贴好了邮票填好了地址
  and now it's gone. 现在不见了
  So? Your mom probably mailed it. 所以呢,可能是你妈妈寄出去了
  You don't understand. The letter was hate mail. 你不明白,那封邮件是恶意邮件
  You sent hate mail? 你还寄恶意邮件
  I was gonna send it after the New Year, 我本来打算新年过后再寄出去的
  but then someone went and mailed it. 结果有人把它寄出去了
  Now Reuben's gonna read it today, 现在鲁本今天就有可能读到它了
  and I'll have bad luck for the entire year. 我这一整年都要被厄运缠身了
  Evan, relax. 埃文,放松
  I'm sure whoever... 我相信不管是寄给谁
  Wait. 等一下
  Reuben who? 哪位鲁本
  You know, Reuben. 你认识的,鲁本
  Your barber? 你的理发师
  Your rhymes are like air balls 你的节奏像空炮一样弱爆了
  Mine are Magic, I Shaq it 我的节奏炫酷到没朋友
  You tryin' to kill me in a battle? 你想打败我
  Break out that old Browns jacket 先把这件旧布朗斯夹克脱下来再说吧
  Ooh! 哦
  Ooh! Ooh! 哦,哦
  Eddie! I hate the Browns now.  埃迪,我再也不穿布朗斯的衣服了
  What are you doing? 你干什么呢
  Get in here and take care of your cousin. 赶紧进来好好照顾你表哥
  I found him reading an old MAD magazine. 我看见他正在看旧的幽默杂志
  I was teaching him about America through humor. 我是通过幽默来让他了解美国
  "Dunces with Wolves." 与狼共舞
  Genius. 天才啊
  That's your cousin? 那是你表哥
  Is he cool? 他够酷吗
  His shorts almost touch his nipples. 他的裤衩都快提到脖子上来了
  What if he reads your letter and won't cut my hair anymore? 要是他看了你的信以后不给我剪头发了怎么办
  Or he tells the other barbers? You know how they talk. 要是他告诉其他理发师怎么办,你知道他们爱八卦的
  Do you know how hard it is to find a good barber? 你知道要找到一个好的理发师有多难吗
  It's like dating but for your hair. 就像给你的头发相亲
  He's not that good, Dad. 他剪的没那么好,爸爸
  I mean, look at this mess. 我的意思是,你看看我头上这一坨
  I asked for a "Randy," And he gave me a "Brad." 我叫他给我剪兰迪款,结果他给我剪了个布拉德式
  Nobody knows who those people are! 没人知道你说的那群人是谁
  I've been going to Reuben since we moved to Orlando. 自从我们搬来奥兰多后,我一直去鲁本那理发
  I can't start over and find somebody new. 我不能从头来过找个新欢
  Maybe he won't know who sent it. 没准他不知道谁寄的信
  I signed the letter... "Unhappy Customer." 我在信上落款,不满意的客户
  Oh, really? 真的吗
  What else did it say? 上面还写什么了
  It said, "You don't know how to cut Asian hair. 还写了,你根本不会剪亚裔的头发
  I asked for a 'Randy, ' and you gave me a 'Brad.'" 我让你给我剪成兰迪,你给我剪成了布拉德
  Evan, he's gonna know that's us! 埃文,他该发现是我们啦
  Put your shoes on. 把你的鞋穿好
  We've got to get that letter back 我们必须在新年毁了之前
  before it ruins the New Year for the both of us. 把那封信给要回来
  Ugh! 呃
  Well, good thing I'm wearing my movie jeans 好在我穿了我的看电影专门牛仔裤
  and not my lucky red... 而不是我的幸运红
  Emery... 埃默里
  I need your help. What's up?  我需要你的帮助,怎么啦
  I forgot to pick up my lucky red dress from the dry cleaner's... 我忘了去干洗店拿我的幸运红裙了
  The one I've worn every New Year's since I retired 9 就是自从我1989年从西装和龙胸针社团
  my women's-powersuit- dragon-broach combo in 1989. 退休之后,每年过年都穿的那条裙子
  And, let me guess, you want me to make you a new one. 让我猜猜,你想让我给你做条新的
  What? No. 什么,才不是
  No, I want you to come to the dry cleaner's with me 不是,我是要你陪我去干洗店
  to pick it up. Why me?  把裙子去回来,为什么是我
  Because I want to make it 因为我想要清清白白地
  to New Year's dinner with a clean slate, 熬到除夕夜
  and I don't trust myself out there alone. 我信不过自己在外面的自制能力
  So you want me to be your kindness Sherpa, 所以你想让我当你的慈善大使
  your karma spirit guide, your bodyguard 10 for... 你的精神指导,你的保镖
  Enough examples, but yes. 别再举例了,但是没错
  You get along with everybody, 你跟每个人都处的很好
  so I'm just gonna follow your lead. 所以我全权听从你的指挥
  No more loose cannon. 不再当一点就着的火药了
  Don't worry, Mom. 别担心,妈妈
  Just put your hand on my shoulder, 你只要把你的手放在我的肩上
  and I'll guide you, like a seeing eye dog except... 让我来引导你,让我当你的导盲犬,除了
  I'll wait outside. 我在外面等你
  Hey! You like? 嗨,你们喜欢吗
  We brought it back from New Mexico. 我们从新墨西哥买来的
  Too big for the overhead, so we had to check them. 对我家天花板来说太大了挂不下,所以我们得看看它好不好用
  If the wind blows just right, 如果风吹的正好
  they play the intro to "Jack 8 & Diane." 它还会演奏《杰克与黛安》的前奏呢
  Emery, go get my step ladder 埃默里,去给我把梯子拿过来
  and the big scissors I use to cut meat. 还有那个我拿来剪肉的大剪子
  We love them! 我们爱死它了
  Wind chimes are nature's instrument. 风铃就是大自然的乐器
  What are you doing? 你要干什么
  Those pipes sound like somebody 这些破管子听上去就像有人
  let an octopus 11 loose in the Williams-Sonoma. 把一只章鱼放生在了厨房用品店里,要死
  I know, Mom, but if you're gonna stay clean today, 我知道,妈妈,但是你今天可不能欠帐啊
  you're gonna need to control your temper. 你必须控制你的脾气
  I'm your kindness Sherpa, remember? 我是你的慈善大使,记得吗
  Yes, you're right. 对,你说的没错
  But just so you know, as soon as the New Year is over, 但是你得知道,新年一过完
  I'm going to steal those chimes 我就去把那破风铃偷走
  and drop them in the bottom of the ocean. 把它们扔进咸水海
  I know you will, Mom. 我知道你会的,妈妈
  Hide them where no one can find them. Okay, Mom.  藏在谁都找不到的地方,知道了,妈妈
  Wrap them in chains, drive them to the pier 12, 将它们用链子绑好,塞进后备箱,开去码头
  and then I'm gonna drop them off... 然后往水里一扔
  Mom! I get it. You hate the chimes. 妈妈,我知道了,你讨厌那个风琴
  Ding-dong! You're at the bottom of the ocean. 叮咚一下子,你就沉入海底了
  Are you sure I'm controlling the Koopas? 你确定那些库巴是由我遥控的吗
  Yeah, yeah, I told you, I control Mario, 是的是的,我告诉过你了,我遥控玛丽
  and you control the Koopas and the Boos. 你遥控库巴和鬼
  It's how the game works. 这个游戏就是这么玩的
  Hey, what'd you do that for? 嘿,你干嘛拔线啊
  Grandma, what does it look like I'm doing? 奶奶,你看我现在看着像是在干嘛
  He's having fun. 他正玩得起劲呢
  Grandma, that's a great idea. 奶奶,这真是个好主意
  I know just the place. 我知道有个地方正合你意
  Hey, Simon. 嘿,西蒙
  Have you ever... 你之前
  built a bear? 做过熊公仔吗
  I built a miniature model of the Titanic 13 once 我曾经做过一个泰坦尼克号的迷你模型
  for history class. 是历史课上要求的
  I used Tic Tacs for the life boats. 我用嘀嗒糖当救生艇
  Uh-huh. 哦
  Well, here, you build a bear. 在这里,你能做熊公仔
  All the cool kids do it. 所有酷小孩都做这个
  Okay, do you want to build one together? 好啊,你想一起做一个吗
  We can make it a blend of both of us. 我们可以做一个混合我们两人特点的熊公仔
  What boy names do you like? I like Carl. 你喜欢哪些男孩名字,我喜欢卡尔
  It's kind of something you do by yourself. 这种事情得一个人独立完成
  Like, the bear chooses you. That kind of thing. 就好比,是命运让熊公仔选择了你,这种意思
  Have fun. 玩得开心
  And then you just hand the dry cleaner your ticket, smile, 然后你只需要把你的发票递给干洗师傅,保持微笑
  and I'll handle the rest. 接下来就交给我了
  He calls me "Jessie." 他喊我“杰西”
  You know that? Jessie. 你知道吗,杰西
  Like I'm a German shepherd. 听起来像我是个德国放羊的
  You can do this. I believe in you. 你能做到的,我相信你
  All we have to do is walk over there and... 我们要做的仅仅是走过去然后
  Uh-oh. 不好了
  Hello, can you spare any change today to save the whales? 你好,你能为拯救鲸鱼募捐一些零钱吗
  Okay, new plan. 好吧,新计划
  I go in alone and get your dress. 我自己去干洗店拿你的裙子
  What do I do? You stay here, relax,  那我干嘛,你待在车里,放松
  and listen to the soothing 14 sounds of NPR. 听着美国国家公共电台平心静气的声音
  And with that, Coney Island was born. 就这样,康尼岛出现在世人眼前
  The boardwalk, the cotton candy, 木板路,棉花糖
  and, of course, La Marcus Thompson's 当然了,还有马克斯·汤普森的
  switchback gravity railway. 反重力火车
  You know what? 你知道吗
  I am relaxed. 我已经放松下来了
  I'll be back in five minutes. Okay.  五分钟我就回来了,好的
  Stay in the car and lock the doors. Mm.  待在车内锁好车门,好
  The island itself? 至于这个岛屿本身呢
  Named for all the Coneys, or rabbits... 是以兔子命名的
  Reuben always goes on break at 1:30. 鲁本通常都是在一点半休息
  He'll head to the back to eat a yogurt, 他会去内屋喝点酸奶
  and we can duck in and see if the letter's been delivered yet. 届时我们就偷偷溜进去看他收到那封信没有
  How will we know? 我们怎么知道他收到没有呢
  Reuben always gets the new issue 鲁本在邮局订了
  of Sports Illustrated 15 in the mail. 《体育画报》
  If the new issue's on the counter, 如果新一期的《体育画报》在柜台上
  that means the mail has been delivered, 就表明他已经收到信了
  and it's too late. 那就为时已晚
  If it's still last week's, we're okay. 如果《体育画报》还是上周的,那我们就没事了
  Now's our chance. Let's go. 现在正是我们进去的时机,快
  "America's Top 50 Jock Schools." 《美国排名前五十的体育学院》
  Is that this week's or last week's? 那是这周的还是上周的
  I only read "Zillions." 我只看《卡片游戏》
  Last week's, which means the mail hasn't been... 上周的,这就表明那封信还没
  Louis. 路易斯
  What are you doing here? 你在这干嘛
  Oh. 哦
  We're here because, um, Evan needs another haircut. 我们在这,呃,埃文得换个发型
  Thanks, Reuben, great work as always. 谢了,鲁本,手艺依然一流
  This is great. Reuben hasn't gotten your letter yet. 太好了,鲁本还没有收到你的信
  Great? Look at my hair. 好什么好,你看看我的发型
  I look like Grace Jones. 我看起来像葛蕾丝·琼斯(牙买加女明星)
  What's the problem? She's a handsome woman. 那有什么问题,她是个帅气的女人
  You don't want this fire 这团火不是你想要的
  My words burn, bet your health 打赌我的话是滚烫的
  Put you out with water 来盆水帮你把火灭了
  But you're only gonna wet yourself 你只会把自己吓尿了
  Hey, cousin Eddie. 嘿,埃迪表弟
  You were right about that place. It was awesome 16. 你还真没夸错地方,太赞了
  You can design your bear's shirt and everything. 你可以设计自己熊公仔的衣服和所有东西
  I made one of you... 我做了一个熊版本的你
  and one of me. 还有一个我
  Why is mine holding a fishing rod? 我的熊公仔为什么拿着一根钓竿
  I had to guess your hobbies. 我猜你爱好钓鱼
  Nice tweddy bear, Eddie. 泰迪熊真逗,埃迪
  Walter, give me a beat. 沃尔特,给我打个拍子
  I don't know you, dawg 兄弟,我根本不太认识你
  If we're related, it's barely 亲戚关系也是十万八千里
  I could care less 我他妈的根本一点不在意
  So if I'm hating, it's barely 所以倒也不至于说我恨你
  Why are you here, ringside? 你来这干嘛呢,是想来看戏?
  You made weight? Barely 拿你充数我都嫌增不了毫厘
  Oh, you're just watching, on a date with bear me 噢你跟熊公仔的我约着会看戏
  Come to my town, and you're whacker 18 than whack 17 来我地盘,你搅了个天翻覆地
  Pick any store, Simon, I'll get a bag for you to pack 你挑店我买单,打完包你赶紧撤离
  Return to manufacturer, It's personality you lack 打哪来回哪去吧,你这人没啥个性
  I'm done babysitting, I'll just give my money back 拿钱给我,我受够了照顾宝宝你
  Oh! Oh! 噢,噢
  Oh! Oh! 噢,噢
  Ohhhhhhh! 噢
  Young Frankenstein thinks I'm dumb? 搬石头砸自脚的人觉得我是哑巴?
  Well, the truth is, I'm dumb nice 事实上我只是平易近人懒得说话
  You's a sucker like a lollipop 19 给你根棒棒糖你就赶那使劲舔吧
  In other words, you're dumb twice 换句话你呆若木鸡才像个哑巴
  You think you're better, wrong 你以为你好过我吗,做梦吧
  You think you're fresher, wrong 你以为你更有个性吗,做梦吧
  And after this spanking 20 这下啪啪打脸把你打得满脸开花
  I'mma call you Wedgie Huang 之后你直接改名叫做黄傻叉
  An hour away from you? 一小时没你在身边简直等于度假
  I was thrilled, on balance 我激动愉悦觉得到处都风景如画
  Yeah, I built two bears I charged it to your allowance 没错我做了两个熊还把你的零钱花
  So call your mom to pick us up 不如你打电话给你妈妈接我们回家
  Then do us a favor... Shut your trap 拜托你,不会搞就不要搞什么嘻哈
  I'm in Orlando to see Mickey, not a little Goofy rap 我来奥兰多是看来米奇不是听高飞瞎嘻哈
  That was so cool. That was tight.  好酷,说唱得真好
  How did you do that? Sick, man.  你是怎么做到的,好听到爆,老兄
  That was so cool. Love it.  酷毙了,爱死了
  And that's where I met my husband, “那就是我与丈夫初识的地方
  right there on the boardwalk. Why is this taking so long? 就在那段木板路上”怎么还没回来
  He was an engineer on the Cyclone 21, “他是飓风公司的工程师
  and I sold cotton candy at the... 而我卖棉花糖...”
  Hello. 你好
  Can you spare any change today to save the whales? 你能为拯救鲸鱼募捐一些零钱吗
  Yes. 好吧
  You owe me another $5. 你还欠我五块钱
  I gave a $20. 我给你的是二十块
  No, you gave me a $10. 不是,你给我的是十块钱
  You owe me another $5. 你还欠我五块钱
  Oh, now you're in for it, buddy 22. 这下你惨了,老兄
  Mom, this guy's a liar 23, 妈妈,他是个骗子
  and he's trying to steal my money. 他想讹我的钱
  Emery, just pay the man what he says you owe him. 埃默里,他说你欠他多少你就给他多少
  What? 什么
  Me? 我吗
  But he's a liar. 但他是个骗子
  You come into my store and call me a liar? 你来我店里还敢喊我骗子
  That's it. 够了
  You're going on the wall. 你的照片得挂上墙
  Aren't you gonna say anything? 你不打算说点什么吗
  Great, now how are people going to know we do shoes? 这下好了,这下人们怎么知道我们这里还可以干洗鞋子
  Why didn't you stick up for me? Don't you believe me? 你为什么没有替我撑腰,你不相信我吗
  Of course, I believe you. 我当然相信你
  We're supposed to be avoiding conflicts, 我们应该避免与人起争执
  not starting new ones. 而不是制造新的争端
  Last week, you yelled at a bus driver 上周,你还吼了一个公交司机
  for not wearing his hat. 就因为他没戴制服帽子
  But the one time I need you to get angry for me, 但就这一次,我需要你替我撑腰的时候
  you leave me hanging? 你却弃我于不顾
  You care more about your holiday superstitions 24 你关心你那农历年的迷信传统
  than you do about me. 胜过关心我
  No. That is not true. 不是的,不是那样的
  I just want our whole family 我只是希望我们一家人这次
  to start out the New Year on the right foot for once. 在新的一年里都能有个好的开始
  That is worth $5 to me. 这个愿望对我来说比五块钱重要
  So please, just go in there and give that man his money. 所以拜托了,进去给那人这五块钱
  No way. 没门
  You know, $5 could de-barnacle a whole pod. 你知道吗,五块钱就能将替一群鲸鱼清除附着贝类哟
  Okay, now let's go over the plan again. 好吧,现在我们再来复述一遍计划
  I pretend to lose my car keys down this grate, 我假装把钥匙掉在栅栏这块儿了
  then when the mailman comes to help me, 然后当邮递员来帮我找钥匙的时候
  I hit the mail out of his hands, 我一下子把他手里的信都拍到地上
  you grab the letter and rip it up. 你捡起你那封信并撕毁
  Isn't holding up a mailman 妨碍邮递员的工作
  worse than just sending an angry letter? 不是比寄出一封泄愤信更糟糕吗
  Can we just ask for it back? 我们不能直接要回来吗
  Have you ever tried reasoning with a mailman, son? 你是否曾经跟一个邮递员理论过,儿子
  You can't. They're crazy. You've got to come strong. 你跟他们讲不通的,他们都疯了,你得用武力说话
  Oh. Thank God you're here. 噢,谢天谢地,你来了
  Uh, my keys have fallen down this grate. 我钥匙掉在栅栏这块儿了
  Oh, no. Yeah.  不是吧,是的
  Now! 就是现在
  What'd you do that for? 你刚干嘛呢
  Oh, uh, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over... 噢,呃,对不起,我也不知道我是怎么了
  Now! 就是现在
  Will you stop doing that? 你停不停手
  Everything okay, Louis? 一切都还好吧,路易斯
  Looks like you're trying to assault a federal employee. 看起来你好像在试图攻击一名联邦雇员
  Assault? 攻击?
  Oh, no. 噢,不
  I just, uh... I... My keys fell down a grate. 我只是,呃,我的钥匙掉在栅栏这儿了
  Look, I'm late for a bamitzvah, 听着,我去一场成人礼已经迟到了
  so I'm gonna let you off with a warning. 所以这次我就口头警告你
  Just, you know, be cool. 就是,你知道的,冷静点
  There goes my relationship with Reuben. 我跟鲁本的关系就这么打水漂了
  We didn't get the letter back, 我们没取回信
  and I have a terrible haircut. 我还又换了个巨丑的发型
  My year of bad luck has already begun. 我新年的厄运已经降临了
  So you didn't exactly get the haircut you wanted. 你不就是没剪个理想的发型嘛
  I didn't like my haircut when I first went to Reuben. 我第一次去鲁本那理发的时候也不喜欢我的新发型
  I wanted the "Clooney," But he gave me this. 我想要“克鲁尼”的发型,他给我理了个这样的
  After a while, I got used to it. 时间一久,我就习惯了
  Why'd you keep going back to him if it wasn't what you wanted? 如果那不是你理想的发型,那你为什么还做回头客
  I don't know. He was just so nice. 不知道,他人太好了
  He called me "Big Guy." 他叫我"大个子"
  I didn't want to hurt his feelings. 我那时不想让他难受
  Plus, it's a good haircut. 而且,这发型也不错
  But it could be a great haircut. 但是还可以更好
  You said that finding the right barber was like dating. 你说过找个好的理发师就像是相亲
  Would you have settled for anyone less than Mom? 你会将就找个比我妈差的人吗
  No. 不会
  You deserve the "Clooney," Dad. 老爸,你值得剪成克鲁尼款
  We all do. 我们值得一个好发型
  Looks like we're getting a storm. 就像风暴要来的样子
  That's right, girls. 这就对了,女士们
  Sing for your supper. 为你们的晚餐唱一曲
  Are you sure? I could have sworn I gave you a $20. 你确定吗,我可以发誓我给了你二十美元
  Nope. You gave me a $10. I'm sure of it. 没有,你只给了十美元,我确定得很
  You owe me another $5. 你还得给我五美元
  Not you again. 不是吧你又来了
  I am here to make things right for my son. 我来纠正我儿子的错误
  This is the extra $5 he owes you. 这是他欠你的五美元
  I apologize for his behavior. 我为他做的事道歉
  And I ask that you take his photo down from your shame wall 还有,请你把他的相片从你那耻辱墙上拿下来
  so he can start out the New Year with a clean slate. 这样他才能清清白白地开始新的一年
  Apology accepted. 我接受道歉
  But only because I need the business. 但这只是因为我要好好做生意
  My wife has... expensive tastes. 我老婆她,爱好奢侈品
  My son's photo, please. Oh!  请拿下我儿子的相片,噢
  Thank you. 谢谢
  And now you're going to want to take my picture. 现在你想要给我也照相
  Why would I want to take... Trust me.  为什么我想给你照相,听我的没错
  You're going to want to take my picture. 你会想要给我也照张相的
  Hey. Hey.  嘿,嘿
  What you did back there... 你刚才在那边的表现
  It... It was impolite. 太,太无礼了
  I'm sorry. 我很抱歉
  Don't be sorry. You were awesome. 不用道歉,你太棒了
  I'm the one who should be saying sorry 我才应该说对不起
  for the way I treated you. 因为我对你不好
  You're not mad that I embarrassed you? 我让你尴尬,你不生气了
  I was just mad because you were so good. 你说得太好了,我很激动
  I mean, you rhymed "Balance" With "Allowance." 我是说,你把"风景如画"和"把零钱花"都押韵了
  You're amazing, dawg. 你真了不起,伙计
  How'd you get so dope at freestyling? 你怎么做到这么擅长即兴说唱
  I love hip-hop. 我喜欢嘻哈音乐
  How come you never said anything? 怎么从没听你说过
  You never asked. 你没问过我啊
  Hmm. 嗯
  For real though, 说真的
  you could become a famous rapper one day. 你将来会成为着名的说唱歌手
  Rap's just a hobby for me. 说唱只是我的爱好
  My real passion is marine 25 biology. 我真正喜欢的是海洋生物学
  Do you see any Asian rappers in here? 你在这儿没发现有亚洲说唱歌手吧
  Me neither. 我也没发现
  You have a gift. 你有这个天赋
  You have a chance to change the game. 你有可能改变这种状况
  I'll think about it. 我会考虑的
  Come on. 走吧
  How did you get this? 你怎么拿到我的相片了
  I'm sorry for not having your back. 我很抱歉当时没有挺你
  I get it. 我懂了
  It's Chinese New Year, and you wanted to start clean. 中国新年到了,你想清清白白地过新年
  It's not just that. 不只是这样
  I didn't stand up for you 我当时没有支持你
  because I don't want to set that kind of example for you. 因为我不想给你树立那种榜样
  I don't want to teach you that fighting 我不想教给你,总要和人干仗
  is always the answer. 才能解决问题
  But u fight with, like, everybody... 但你不是一直和人干仗吗
  Delivery guys, firemen, 快递员,消防员
  the cat outside the frozen yogurt place. 还有那只想吃冰酸奶的猫
  Yes. 是的
  And you're good. 但是你却很好
  And you get along with everybody. 你可以跟大家都融洽相处
  And you're always smiling. 你一直都微笑待人
  I don't want you to be more like me. 我不想你更像我
  I want to be more like you. 我想你更像你自己
  I've witnessed the softening 26 " 我亲眼所见,最坚硬的心灵
  of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile. 也会被单纯的微笑所软化"
  Goldie Hawn said that. 这是戈迪·霍恩说的
  Goldie... 戈迪
  also sounds like a dog's name. 听起来就像是狗狗的名字
  What happened to your hair? 你头发怎么了
  Tried out a new barber. 试了一位新的理发师
  He finally gave me exactly what I asked for... 他终于剪成了我一直想要的
  The "Clooney." 克鲁尼发型
  You hate it, don't you? 你讨厌这发型,对吧
  So much. 讨厌极了
  But at least now I know. 不过至少我现在明白了
  Like I know sending that letter won't bring me bad luck 就像我现在也明白了,那封信不会给我带来霉运
  because it wasn't hate mail, it was truth mail. 因为那不是一封泄愤信,而是一封真话信
  You did it, Mom. 妈妈你成功了
  You made it to the New Year with a clean slate. 你成功地让我们清清白白过新年
  Yeah... 是啊
  Uh, orange and full of juice. 像橙子,汁很多
  Um... an orange? 呃,就是橙子
  The color of my first car. 我第一辆的颜色
  Tan! 棕色
  Powder blue! 灰蓝色
  Electric plum! 紫红色
  You're shouting in my ear. 您能不在我耳朵边喊吗
  It's tangerines. 是橘子
  Now sit back and enjoy the entertainment. 现在请大家坐好,享受娱乐节目
  Big ups to the Huangs 黄家大欢聚
  Never say you ain't the flyest Never! 别说你不嗨绝不
  You can't pick your own family 家人天注定
  But you can pick your hair stylist Uh-huh! 发型自己定啊哈
  My man Louis the wildest, Jessica mad stylish 27 Yo! 路易斯有点痞,杰西卡最吸睛对
  Evan's on a short leash 28, and Emery the least childish Uh-huh. 埃文自觉自律,埃默里告别稚气啊哈
  Mario to my Luigi, Eddie my partner in rhyme 马里伴小路,艾迪同说唱
  Any problems with my people 谁来找麻烦
  We'll silence you like the chimes Bing-bang. 风铃令你静梆梆
  All love, same blood 有爱同血缘
  From the womb to the tomb 胎中至一生
  Just don't ask me to leave 别叫我离开
  I already took Evan's room 我占埃文房
  Sorry, Evan! 抱歉埃文
  Well, that's 噢,太棒了
  Who is that? 他是谁啊

1 pious
adj.虔诚的;道貌岸然的
  • Alexander is a pious follower of the faith.亚历山大是个虔诚的信徒。
  • Her mother was a pious Christian.她母亲是一个虔诚的基督教徒。
2 scarlet
n.深红色,绯红色,红衣;adj.绯红色的
  • The scarlet leaves of the maples contrast well with the dark green of the pines.深红的枫叶和暗绿的松树形成了明显的对比。
  • The glowing clouds are growing slowly pale,scarlet,bright red,and then light red.天空的霞光渐渐地淡下去了,深红的颜色变成了绯红,绯红又变为浅红。
3 slate
n.板岩,石板,石片,石板色,候选人名单;adj.暗蓝灰色的,含板岩的;vt.用石板覆盖,痛打,提名,预订
  • The nominating committee laid its slate before the board.提名委员会把候选人名单提交全体委员会讨论。
  • What kind of job uses stained wood and slate? 什么工作会接触木头污浊和石板呢?
4 grudges
不满,怨恨,妒忌( grudge的名词复数 )
  • He never grudges money. 他从不吝惜金钱。
  • They bear grudges against each other. 他俩有过节儿。
5 fig
n.无花果(树)
  • The doctor finished the fig he had been eating and selected another.这位医生吃完了嘴里的无花果,又挑了一个。
  • You can't find a person who doesn't know fig in the United States.你找不到任何一个在美国的人不知道无花果的。
6 technically
adv.专门地,技术上地
  • Technically it is the most advanced equipment ever.从技术上说,这是最先进的设备。
  • The tomato is technically a fruit,although it is eaten as a vegetable.严格地说,西红柿是一种水果,尽管它是当作蔬菜吃的。
7 cannon
n.大炮,火炮;飞机上的机关炮
  • The soldiers fired the cannon.士兵们开炮。
  • The cannon thundered in the hills.大炮在山间轰鸣。
8 jack
n.插座,千斤顶,男人;v.抬起,提醒,扛举;n.(Jake)杰克
  • I am looking for the headphone jack.我正在找寻头戴式耳机插孔。
  • He lifted the car with a jack to change the flat tyre.他用千斤顶把车顶起来换下瘪轮胎。
9 retired
adj.隐退的,退休的,退役的
  • The old man retired to the country for rest.这位老人下乡休息去了。
  • Many retired people take up gardening as a hobby.许多退休的人都以从事园艺为嗜好。
10 bodyguard
n.护卫,保镖
  • She has to have an armed bodyguard wherever she goes.她不管到哪儿都得有带武器的保镖跟从。
  • The big guy standing at his side may be his bodyguard.站在他身旁的那个大个子可能是他的保镖。
11 octopus
n.章鱼
  • He experienced nausea after eating octopus.吃了章鱼后他感到恶心。
  • One octopus has eight tentacles.一条章鱼有八根触角。
12 pier
n.码头;桥墩,桥柱;[建]窗间壁,支柱
  • The pier of the bridge has been so badly damaged that experts worry it is unable to bear weight.这座桥的桥桩破损厉害,专家担心它已不能负重。
  • The ship was making towards the pier.船正驶向码头。
13 titanic
adj.巨人的,庞大的,强大的
  • We have been making titanic effort to achieve our purpose.我们一直在作极大的努力,以达到我们的目的。
  • The island was created by titanic powers and they are still at work today.台湾岛是由一个至今仍然在运作的巨大力量塑造出来的。
14 soothing
adj.慰藉的;使人宽心的;镇静的
  • Put on some nice soothing music.播放一些柔和舒缓的音乐。
  • His casual, relaxed manner was very soothing.他随意而放松的举动让人很快便平静下来。
15 illustrated
adj.令人惊叹的,难得吓人的,很好的
  • The church in Ireland has always exercised an awesome power.爱尔兰的教堂一直掌握着令人敬畏的权力。
  • That new white convertible is totally awesome.那辆新的白色折篷汽车简直棒极了.
16 whack
v.敲击,重打,瓜分;n.重击,重打,尝试,一份
  • After years of dieting,Carol's metabolism was completely out of whack.经过数年的节食,卡罗尔的新陈代谢完全紊乱了。
  • He gave me a whack on the back to wake me up.他为把我弄醒,在我背上猛拍一下。
17 whacker
n.异常巨大的东西或人
  • Do I do my hair with a weed whacker? 我是不是用除草机给自己理发? 来自互联网
18 lollipop
n.棒棒糖
  • The child put out his tongue and licked his lollipop.那孩子伸出舌头舔着棒棒糖。
  • I ate popcorn,banana and lollipop.我吃了爆米花、香蕉和棒棒糖。
19 spanking
adj.强烈的,疾行的;n.打屁股
  • The boat is spanking along on the river.船在小河疾驶。
  • He heard a horse approaching at a spanking trot.他听到一匹马正在疾步驰近。
20 cyclone
n.旋风,龙卷风
  • An exceptionally violent cyclone hit the town last night.昨晚异常猛烈的旋风吹袭了那个小镇。
  • The cyclone brought misery to thousands of people.旋风给成千上万的人带来苦难。
21 buddy
n.(美口)密友,伙伴
  • Calm down,buddy.What's the trouble?压压气,老兄。有什么麻烦吗?
  • Get out of my way,buddy!别挡道了,你这家伙!
22 liar
n.说谎的人
  • I know you for a thief and a liar!我算认识你了,一个又偷又骗的家伙!
  • She was wrongly labelled a liar.她被错误地扣上说谎者的帽子。
23 superstitions
迷信,迷信行为( superstition的名词复数 )
  • Old superstitions seem incredible to educated people. 旧的迷信对于受过教育的人来说是不可思议的。
  • Do away with all fetishes and superstitions. 破除一切盲目崇拜和迷信。
24 marine
adj.海的;海生的;航海的;海事的;n.水兵
  • Marine creatures are those which live in the sea. 海洋生物是生存在海里的生物。
  • When the war broke out,he volunteered for the Marine Corps.战争爆发时,他自愿参加了海军陆战队。
25 softening
变软,软化
  • Her eyes, softening, caressed his face. 她的眼光变得很温柔了。它们不住地爱抚他的脸。 来自汉英文学 - 家(1-26) - 家(1-26)
  • He might think my brain was softening or something of the kind. 他也许会觉得我婆婆妈妈的,已经成了个软心肠的人了。
26 stylish
adj.流行的,时髦的;漂亮的,气派的
  • He's a stylish dresser.他是个穿着很有格调的人。
  • What stylish women are wearing in Paris will be worn by women all over the world.巴黎女性时装往往会引导世界时装潮流。
27 leash
n.牵狗的皮带,束缚;v.用皮带系住
  • I reached for the leash,but the dog got in between.我伸手去拿系狗绳,但被狗挡住了路。
  • The dog strains at the leash,eager to be off.狗拼命地扯拉皮带,想挣脱开去。
标签: 初来乍到
学英语单词
-quarterth
aglaucopsia
Allardyce
alqaeda
altissimoes
aquaglyceroporin
array creation
ask for sb
aspadanas
assembl? de suite
bakkalapulo
bifid chaeta
bladelet
Borabu
Boyce's sign
clay-graphite crucible
co-planer concurrent forces
confessional chairs
continuous drying stove
crown'd
day counter
disinserted
dislocation of small joint of cervical vertebrae
double-ground fault
durbion (le durbion riviere)
eicosatrienoic
engine accessibility
excavation/loading
exindusiate
fire-suppression bottle
first-quarter
general economic analysis
genge
globous
go to sea
grand canyon national parks
have shot your bolt
high pressure liquid
homooligomycin
hultz
ice splinter
in spirit
indistinguishability
inquirable
instructing
interstage coupling
janeckeite
jet length
latest-generation
levi-strausses
malilla
monoseaplane
moonstomp
moviemakings
multicopy time-sharing capability
navigation wind
number table
Otter Lake
perfume dynamics
periodic load
perusse
playins
Polaroid sunglasses
polymatroid
projective personality test
pugilistically
radiectomy
radiofrequency heating
rebartering
reishus
Roccus
Samhain
Scherofluron
screw driver for cross recessed screw
sealing bellows
search clue
semi-permanent store
setouts
shaft cover
shakeproof
short working plaster
single-parenthood
six-vector
sleep recovery
software development facility
solid-waste-management
spoon up
Steroderm
subcarrier demodulator
test verification
THBC
thomson-fitzgerald furnace
track deterioration
trans-regulator
tufted centauries
unmanned sensing satellite system
wavenumber transform
wire lead drop out
wire pitch
xon
yft
yollands