1. Be associated with I don't think the explosion was associated with terrorists. Politicians are always associated with corruption. Excitement is often associated with risks. That's the truth.

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳疯狂英语口语突破MP3

Mary and her husband Dimitri lived in the tiny village of Perachora in southern Greece. One of Mary's prize possessions was a little white lamb which her husband had given her. She kept it tied to a tree in a field during the day and went to fetch i

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(469) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册

A Witness of a Theft Incident Yesterday, I witnessed a theft incident on my way home. The thief was so rampant that it left me a very deep impression. It was in the rush hour, when many people were buying tickets at the subway station. A woman took h

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 四级范文背诵50篇

The 28th of January is European Data Protection Day. It started in 2007 to highlight how important it is for people to look after their personal data. With the increase in Internet use, crimes like identity theftare becoming more common. This means c

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

The police chief said crime was down. Crime is down, said police chief Braddon. He talked to TV reporters. He talked to newspaper reporters. He talked to radio reporters. He was proud. Im proud, he said. Our police are doing a good job. Im proud of o

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

AS IT IS - Child Soldiers in Africa Hello, Im Steve Ember. Today we take you to Africa. First stop Sierra Leone, where the Child Soldiers Initiative is working to prevent children from being forced into armed military service. Next, to South Africa,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

必背句型: A:The theft comes into the catefory of petty crime. 偷窃属于轻罪。 B:What about the fighting? 打架呢? The crime of stealing firearms and ammunition comes into the category of heavy offense. 盗窃枪支弹药属于重罪。

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

The police chief said crime was down. Crime is down, said police chief Braddon. He talked to TV reporters. He talked to newspaper reporters. He talked to radio reporters. He was proud. I'm proud, he said. Our police are doing a good job. I'm proud of

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

to hold someone accountable向某人问责 英文释义 To request a complete and formal explanation fromsomeone for their actions. (ALSO to hold someoneto account) 例句 If either mismanagement or corruption within the company is discovered, the bo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 每日商务英语

1. President Barack Obama is staying right here. He's decided not to fly to Asia this weekend, so he can be in town for a possible House vote on his health care plan Sunday. The White House says he'll head to Indonesia and Australia in June. 2. Jihad

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(三月)

Economics Report - For Fans of Anarchy, Grand Theft Auto IV Is a Big Smash Popularity of video game series makes Take-Two Interactive a takeover target. Transcript of radio broadcast: 16 May 2008 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. (SO

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(五)月

英语词汇:accuse的正误用法 ◆警方控告他偷盗。 误:The police accused him for theft [stealing]. 正:The police accused him of theft [stealing]. 析:表示控告、指控、指责某人做某事,通常要用 accused sb of (do

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

今天我们要学的词是throes。 Throes, 意思是阵痛、动荡。 Greece is in the throes of an economic recession, 希腊目前正处于痛苦的经济衰退期。 The book is about a couple who went through the throes of a messy divorce, 这本

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Scared of losing your luggage or tired of dragging it around? A solution has been found. 害怕丢失行李?厌倦了把行李拽到东拽到西?已经找到解决方案了。 Israeli company Nua Robotics has designed a robotic suitcase that foll

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Idiom: Raise eyebrows 引起某人的注意 Hit the book: cite 引用 frequent flyer 里程的奖励,经常飞行的旅客 sit allocation 座位的分配 identity theft 身份盗窃 bin 垃圾桶 discard 遗弃 stub 票根 formulate 形成 facilita

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

模仿句子:Protestors storm Iraq's Parliament, demanding an end to corruption. The Kenyan president has set fire to more than 100 tonnes of ivory to signal his determination to stop illegal poaching. 翻译:示威者闯入伊拉克议会,要求

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

模仿句子 There's a political crisis with a corruption scandal that's been growing ever wider; there's an economic downturn; and there's the serious health problem with hundreds of babies born with abnormally small brains and thousands more cases

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Roy William Harper Jr. Where's senior? 小罗伊威廉哈勃。大的在哪? Norris cemetery. 诺里斯公墓 Sorry to hear that. 抱歉 You and an army of bookies. Can I go? 你们一群笨蛋。我能走了吗 No. You've been IDed as a suspect in

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

在雅思写作中,建议考生应转换思维方式,按照国外考生的思维方式来写文章,下文中我简称为SEE原则。 S=Support E=Expression E=Example 也就是说,大家应该把观点开门见山提出来,然后进行一番解

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

Wang Jinjing, a freshman at a Nanchang-based college, thought he was prepared for everything on campus life, including doing the laundry and eating healthy. Everything except for one thing: theft. 南昌某大学的大一新生王金晶(音译)本以

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻