Thank you very much Professor Kombay for that generous introduction. And let me say, that I never expected to hear such kind words from Dr. Falwell. So in return, I have an invitation of my own. On January 20th, 1985, I hope Dr. Falwell will say a p

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

THIS IS AMERICA - Letterboxing: A Modern-Day Treasure Hunt BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith. This week on our program, we explore letterboxing. And later, we loo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Lesson 96 Never Too Busy 永不太忙 Words: feat n. 功绩,壮举 feeble adj. 微弱的,衰弱的 feed vt. 喂养,饲养;吃草,靠。。。为生;n. 饲料,饲养 feign v. 假装,伪装 feminism n. 女权运动 feminist n. 女权主义者 fencing n. 围墙,栅栏;击剑术 ferment vt.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Lesson 93 The Proposal 建议 Words: external adj. 外部的,表面的 extinct adj. (动物)灭绝的;(火山)不再活跃的;熄灭的 extinction n. 消失,灭绝 extinguish v. 熄灭,消灭,扑灭 extol vt. 赞美 extort v. 勒索,强夺 extract n. 榨出物,精华;vt. 得到;榨出

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Lesson 86 Enslaved by Fashion 时髦的奴隶 Words: enrapture v. 使狂喜,使兴高采烈 enrich vt. 使加料于(食物);使富足,使肥沃 ensemble n. (音)合唱曲;全体演出者;全套配合协调的女服装(衣裙鞋帽) enslave v. 使做奴隶,奴役,征服,使受制于 entanglement n

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Im calling the police, Barry said. Im glad youre calling the police, Ruth said. Barry and Ruth had a nice house. They had a nice, quiet house. They had nice neighbors. They had nice, quiet neighbors. But tonight, their neighbors were not quiet. They

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Your grandma told you not to lie. Your grandpa told you not to lie. Your mother said to tell the truth. Your father said to tell the truth. You try to tell the truth. You try to tell the truth all the time. But you cannot tell the truth all the time.

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Todd: Hey, so Ruth, how do you get your news? Ruth: Oh, I buy a newspaper. Todd: Oh, really, what paper do you read? Ruth: I always read the Guardian. Todd: The Guardian. Is that conservative or liberal? Ruth: Oh, it's labor. Todd: Labor. So the Labo

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

If you dial the wrong number it can be confusing and embarrassing. But how do you find out that you've made a mistake? And how can you check to be sure? imagine you've dialled the wrong number. What might the person who answers your call say? What

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Todd: Ruth, what is something you are afraid of? Like snakes, spiders, rats? Ruth: Probably sharks. Todd: Sharks. Ruth: I know that sounds quite irrational, especially when I don't live near the sea but just the thought of being eaten by a shark. It'

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Old Proverbs Still Speak the Truth Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Today we explain more proverbs. A proverb is a short, well-known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Proverbs are popular around the world. M

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Todd: So, Ruth, who is your favorite actor or actress? 托德:鲁斯,你最喜欢的演员是谁? Ruth: Oh, that's a good question. I think it definitely has to be Ewan McGregor. 鲁斯:哦,这是个好问题。那肯定是伊万麦格雷戈。

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Joel: So, if I go to Ireland, what kind of food do you recommend that I eat? Ruth: The nicest things are probably Irish stew, which is made with lamb and also it's quite famous for it's seafood. Every year in Galway, there's an oyster festival. Joel:

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Al, England speaker When I have a cold, I don't take the traditional medicine, or lemon, hot lemon drinks or anything like that. I take ceyene pepper, red pepper powder and I put it in everything I'm eating and that works for me. Anita, Taiwan speake

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Todd: Hey, so Ruth, how do you get your news? Ruth: Oh, I buy a newspaper. Todd: Oh, really, what paper do you read? Ruth: I always read the Guardian. Todd: The Guardian. Is that conservative or liberal? Ruth: Oh, it's labor. Todd: Labor. So the Labo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Akane: Ruth, what do you think about stay-at-home parents? Ruth: Do you mean like one parent staying at home with a child? Akane: Yeah, one parent staying at home and the other one working? Ruth: Ah, I think it's really bad if a child stays at home w

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Todd: Ah, so, Ruth, we are both teachers Ruth: That's right Todd: And we have students and we teach our students English, and English is not their first language, what do you do in class when students do not speak English? When they speak their own l

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

There are two things which really annoy me. Actually I experience both of them, sometimes, on public transport. Often when I travel I go on buses and on trains and both of these things seem to occur quite often. Firstly is when other people listen to

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Todd: So, Ruth, who is your favorite actor or actress? Ruth: Oh, that's a good question. I think it definitely has to be Ewan McGregor. Todd: Mm, yeah, he's pretty good. Ruth: I really, really like him. Todd: Why do you like him? Ruth: Well, he's rea

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Edmundo: What are you doing? Ruth: Oh, I'm packing. My lease is up at the end of the month and I'm moving to Vancouver for six months while my boyfriend is finishing his degree at the university. Edmundo: Oh, wow, are you moving yourself or are you u

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客