影片对白 Bridget: Another year, a brand new diary. Once again I was summoned, kicking and screaming, to my mother's turkey curry buffet, where I've had some of the most shaming experiences of my life. Mother: Hello, darling. Lovely to see you. Bridg

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

[00:19.10]Picture 6 take a photo of cartoon characters [00:32.57]B Reading: The story of Richard Branson [00:47.12]Meet Sir Richard Branson.He's a famous business man. [00:46.12]Sir Richard has had a very interesting and exciting life so far. [00:59.

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 小学英语深圳双语版五年级

Everybody Wants Some in this Linklater Movie Award-winning filmmaker Richard Linklater looks back at college in the 1980s in his new humorous film, Everybody Wants Some. The new movie is not a sequel to Boyhood. That 2014 Linklater film followed 12 y

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

23. Some scholar conclude that a government with finite resources should simply stop paying for medical care that sustains life beyond a certain age say 83 or so. 【分析】多重复合句。句子的主干是Some scholars conclude that。conclude后

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

唐顿庄园第二季第七集_5 [INT. DOWNTON - DAY] LADY MARY But Carson, if you're abandoning me, I think I deserve to know the reason why. MR CARSON I do not believe that Sir Richard and I would work well together. LADY MARY But there must be mor

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第六集_12 [INT. MR CARSON'S OFFICE - EVENING] MRS HUGHES We'll be going in to dinner in a minute. MR CARSON We've built a good [?] here, you know. I'm not saying it's legendary, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. MRS HUGHES Yo

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第五集_7 [INT. GREAT HALL - DAY] [Mrs Hughes takes a breath and then approaches Major Bryant who is sitting down to cards.] MRS HUGHES Major, might I have a word? [The Major makes a yeesh! what could that be? expression to his

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第二集_5 [INT. MRS HUGHES'S SITTING ROOM - EVENING] MRS HUGHES Is everything under control? ANNA Mr Lang seems a bit nervous. [Mrs Hughes dismisses it with a wave.] MRS HUGHES Stage fright. But what about you? ANNA Oh. I'm a t

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Richard Rodgers Wrote Musical Plays That Often Dealt with Social IssuesBy Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Sunday, October 22, 2006 VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shir

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十)月

To: Chelloh ~ From: Richard Dear Chelloh, Things are hard right now, and they seem to just be a big blurry mess. But I don't blame you for any of it. I know this is both of our faults so I don't expect you to say or do anything. I know that we are tr

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

To: Chelloh ~ From: Richard Dear Chelloh, Things are hard right now, and they seem to just be a big blurry mess. But I don't blame you for any of it. I know this is both of our faults so I don't expect you to say or do anything. I know that we are tr

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Bookworm Artist:Margot The Nuclear So And So's I'm in a book, for you to read and then throw out. I wasn't born, I was just dropped into your arms. Well mom I've been bad, and I want to come home. And you couldn't breath, with all those doctors at yo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

现在人才市场人潮涌动,大家都为了找个好工作四处奔走,找工作为了什么呢?这还用说,养家糊口呗! 那你知道养家糊口该怎么说吗? Bring home the bacon 最早起源于14世纪早期。当时,英国埃

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

46. shake a leg 赶快 A: All the furniture in the store is on sale today? A: 店里所有的家俱全都减价卖出吗? B: Yeah. The whole place is packed. You'd better shake a leg before it's all go

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Richard and I sat on my porch, looking out over the dunes to the Gulf. The smoke from his cigar drifted mellowly in the air, keeping the mosquitoes at a safe distance. The water was a cool aqua, the sky a deeper, truer blue. It was a pleasant combina

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

He was silent a minute or two, staring, not at the house, but at the thick undergrowth by which they were surrounded. Has it ever struck you, he said, that civilisation's damned dangerous? Dangerous? Such a revolutionary remark shocked Mr. Satterthwa

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(178) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

fill me in 告诉某人;让某人了解一些状况 A: Really? You and Scott got married? Fill me in. Its been five years. A: 真的吗?你和[font=Times New Roman]Scott结婚了?告诉我是怎么回事,都已经五年了。 B: Scott is a wo

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Todd: OK, Richard! 托德:理查德! Richard: Hi, Todd. Good to see you. 理查德:你好,托德。见到你很高兴。 Todd: Good to see you. 托德:见到你我也很高兴。 Richard: Long time no see. 理查德:好久不见了。 Tod

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

All of life is an act of letting go, but what hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye. 人生也许就是不断地放下,然而令人痛心的是,我都没能好好地与他们道别。 Pi: Religion is a house with many rooms。 Writ

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

JUDY WOODRUFF: As we heard earlier, President Obama, during a trip to the United Kingdom in April, said that it should stay in the European Union. Today, from Stanford University in California, the president gave his appraisal of yesterday's outcome.

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列