美国各类趣味俚语
英语课
fill me in 告诉某人;让某人了解一些状况
A: Really? You and Scott got married? Fill me in. It’s been five years.
A: 真的吗?你和[font=Times New Roman]Scott结婚了?告诉我是怎么回事,都已经五年了。
B: Scott is a wonderful man.
B: 他是一个很好的人。
fill in 替补
A: Justin gave me a call. He can’t come in.
A: Justin打电话给我。他不能来了。
B: Anybody fill in for him?
B: 有人代他吗?
dirty work 卑鄙的工作;讨厌的工作
A: All right. You go ahead. And sign this paper. I’ll do the dirty work.
A: 好吧,你就把这份文件签了,剩下来的麻烦事就交给我了。
B: Sounds good to me.
B: 听起来不错。
lame 1 差劲的
A: How about that movie?
A: 那部电影如何?
B: It’s so lame.
B: 太差劲了!
pull one’s leg 开玩笑
A: Did Richard really go abroad?
A: Richard真的出过国?
B: No way. He just pulled your leg. Did you believe him?
B: 哪有可能!他只是跟你开玩笑。你还当真啊?
shake a leg 赶快
A: Something is on sale today?
A: 有东西在打折吗?
B: Yeah. The whole shop is packed. You’d better shake a leg.
B: 是呀!整个店都挤满了人。你最好赶快去。
kick back 放松一会
A: I’m really beat. I need kicking back.
A: 我好累``` 我得休息一下。
B: Me too.
B: 我也是。
buns 2 屁股
A: Hey! Staring at that girl’s buns! What are you doing?
A: 嘿!你眼睛盯着那个女孩子的屁股看干什么?
B: I’m not. I just like her skirt.
B: 我没有呀!我只是喜欢她穿的那条裙子。
armpit 脏而令人不舒服的地方
A: Oh, man. This room is an armpit! How often do you clean it?
A: 哎呀,老兄!这个房间脏得不像话,你多久打扫一次呀?
B: Once a month.
B: 一月一次。
adj.跛的,(辩解、论据等)无说服力的
- The lame man needs a stick when he walks.那跛脚男子走路时需借助拐棍。
- I don't believe his story.It'sounds a bit lame.我不信他讲的那一套。他的话听起来有些靠不住。
标签:
俚语