1. The government is promising a review of airport security and the system for checking suspicious travelers after an alleged terrorist bent on destroying a jetliner came close to succeeding. Meanwhile, Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab left Detroit area ho

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(十二)月

You've been talking on our blog about one student athlete's decision not to compete. Today, we're sharing some of your opinions on it. I'm Carl Azuz. This is CNN Student News! Evacuation attempts, the international response, and the impact on oil. Th

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(二)月

This is an infomercial I saw over the summer,I'm promising you, this is real,the Parakeet,so beautiful,great to look at,and what a wonderful companion. 接下来给大家放一段我在暑假看过的广告 我保证 这个广告绝对是真的 鹦鹉

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

Be it said,that though I had felt such a strong repugnance to his smoking in the bed the night before,yet see how elastic our stiff prejudices grow when love once comes to bend them. For now I liked nothing better than to have Queequeg smoking by me,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It was the royal wedding we remember best of all. 25 years ago tomorrow, Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer in London's St. Paul's Cathedral. CBS News correspondent Randall Pinkston looks back

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

UNIT 4 Text A Pre-reading Activities First Listening 1. As you listen the first time, tick the questions that are answered in the listening passage. Don't worry about answering the questions yet - jus

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(237) / 评论(0) 分类 21世纪大学英语读写教程

英语演讲稿范文 I have been in University for about one year. During my stay here, I came to realize that university life is like drinking coke. We experience all tastes of life here, sour, sweet, bitter and hot. I am from Province, which is fa

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲稿

美国国会誓言将对恐怖行动进行报复 US Congress Vows Retribution David Swan Capitol Hill 12 Sep 2001 The U.S. Senate and House of Representatives have returned to work after Tuesday's ter

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

[00:03.59] 谈论学习 [00:07.18]How many courses do you have for this semester? [00:11.01]你们这学期上几门课? [00:14.84]A:How many courses do you have for this semester? [00:17.41]A:这学期你们上几门课? [00:19.98]B:Eight altoge

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行口语

The Making of Isaac Newton Anyone who has ever gone to school is probably aware that Isaac Newton formed his theory of gravity after seeing an apple fall from a tree. This story is allegedly true. Wha

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

WRITERS of science fiction have long assumed that the galaxy is teeming with alien planets. 科幻小说的作家们一直都认为星系中存在异形星球。 They were correct, but it was only in the past few decades that science has been able to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Books and Arts; Book Review; 文艺;书评; New British fiction; 新英国小说; The writer and the spy; 作家和间谍; A clever book that leaves you cold; 打不动人心的一本智慧书; Sweet Tooth. By Ian McEwan. 《甜蜜牙齿

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Babies Now Permitted on US Senate Floor Lawmakers in the United States Senate may now bring their young babies with them to work. The Senate voted Wednesday to permit children under the age of one in the chamber while their parents cast votes. The Se

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Scholar Liu Chengyun says early-childhood education is something that is on-the-radar here in China. Primary and secondary education is getting more attention in the country, as more and more people realize it is the base of overall education quality

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

虽然现在还没成功,但说不定就是潜力股,前途大好喔!英语里想说他人有潜力,都能怎样表达? 1. Diamonds in the rough未经雕琢的钻石只差好好打磨就能bling bling啦!归根到底,说明人家还是块

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

今天要讲的习惯用语都有关键词pot。我们都熟悉pot这个词,它可以解释为煮东西的锅。 1. go to pot 情况越来越糟糕;走下坡路 这个习惯用语来自牧场,牧场上的牲口随着年龄的增长而每况愈下

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Facebook will inevitably roll out ads (which is again the reason why WhatsApp's co-founders left), 脸书不可避免地将推广广告(这也是WhatsApp联合创始人离开的原因), but it knows that it needs to be cautious about introducin

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Mark Carney 马克卡尼 I mean what I say 言出必行 The new governor is struggling to convince sceptical markets 英国银行新晋领导人正试图极力说服持怀疑态度的国内市场 CREDIBILITY is treasured by central bankers. It is aft

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

The drink is the color of strawberry Kool-Aid. What is it? I take a sip. It tastes like 7-Up. Mia smiles an evil little smile. Its something I invented. You want to get smashed, this is the express train. Oh. Well, thank you. I toast her, and drink u

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

One day, Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez was walking along the streets of downtown Los Angeles 有一天,洛杉矶时报的专栏作家Steve Lopez走在洛杉矶大街上 when he heard beautiful music. 听到一曲美妙的乐曲 And the so

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇