President Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May agreed that Russian President Vladimir Putin's recent statements on nuclear weapons development are irresponsible, according to a readout of President Trump's recent telephone call with th

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(三月)

Hi, I'm Donna Barnes. I'm a life and relationship coach and the owner of NY Dating Coach in New York City. In this clip we will talk about making a good first impression and you only get one chance to do that, right? So a real great way to make a fir

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Improving North-South Korean Relations May Depend on China, US Says South Korea's military remains on alert for a missile strike from the North. As long as North Korea does not completely withdraw its missiles, our army will keep our security posture

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Now past and present members of the Royal Ballet have gathered to celebrate the company's 75th anniversary. The party at the Royal Opera House in London brought together hundreds of dancers including Alina Cojocaru and Antoinette Sibley, the 1960s' s

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Diplomatic efforts are continuing in an effort to secure a cease-fire in Georgia and the withdrawal of Russian troops from the former Soviet Republic. 有关方面目前仍然在通过外交途径,为俄罗斯从格鲁吉亚撤军、保证双方的停

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Young Singer Wins Chance of a Lifetime The National Anthem can be a challenge, but more than two dozen singers, aged eight to 17, gave it their best shot for a chance to perform it with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. They come on stage and they ar

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Growing Number of Runners Opt to Run in Bare Feet Michele Musacchio runs without shoes whenever she can. She started running in her bare feet nine months ago because she was looking for a way to exercise without joint pain. My hips had been hurting,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

A report released in Washington on Wednesday recommends strengthened U.S. leadership in global efforts to prevent further nuclear weapons proliferation. However, the Commission on the Strategic Posture of the United States says new threats, includin

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(五月)

Afghanistan Asking for US Troop Withdrawal Adjustment 阿富汗要求美军做出撤军调整 CAPITOL HILL The commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan says President Ashraf Ghani has requested greater flexibility in the final drawdown of Americas mil

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(二月)

New G-7 Sanctions Against Russia Expected WASHINGTON The United States and its G-7 partners are imposing new sanctions against Russia. Existing sanctions have not altered Moscows posture towards Ukraine, with Russian forces still massed along its bor

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

Ukraine Crisis Emboldens Obama's US Critics WASHINGTON As tensions and turmoil escalate in Ukraine, Americas response to the crisis is becoming an increasingly contentious issue in Washington. Deadly clashes in Odessa point to a grim reality: with ev

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

New Robotic Arm Can Grasp Moving Objects An international team of engineers based in Switzerland built a robotic arm that learned to perform complex movements. The term robotic arm covers a variety of mechanical devices from robots that weld automoti

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

It was a chilly morning, and I've been asked to wear what felt like a giant nappy. The emphasis in this class was on meditation and prayer as well as the correct physical posture. I was a natural.-How was that for you? -Good. -Why are you here? -Oh,

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The movie The Shape Of Water is up for 13 Oscars, the most of any film this year. (SOUNDBITE OF FILM, THE SHAPE OF WATER) RICHARD JENKINS: (As Giles) A tale of love and loss and the monster who tried to destroy it all. SHAPIRO: Cre

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

AILSA CHANG, HOST: Congressional Republicans are making it clear they will not take any steps to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from getting fired. Here's Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING) MITCH MCCONNE

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

We're starting with news concerning Saudi Arabia. Significant changes are being made in the Middle Eastern country. This is an absolute monarchy. Its crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, was appointed by his father, King Salman, two years ago. And sinc

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年11月

By Al Pessin Washington 06 February 2008 The top NATO commander in Afghanistan is disputing claims that the Taliban is experiencing a resurgence and that the recent increase in violence proves it. The commander also says the number of foreign forces

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Darrelle: I just went to a seminar about work-related injuries. I really have to rethink my workspace. Kim: Work-related injuries? Its not like were doing heavy lifting every day. We sit at our desks all day. Darrelle: Thats the problem. Look at how

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

British soldiers from Somme Company providing security as Afghan National Army troops search compounds near the town of Sayedebad, Afghanistan, on day three of their operation named TOR SHEZADA, 1 Aug 2010 Opinion polls indicate support in Britain fo

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

United Nations peacekeepers prepared to leave the border between Ethiopia and Eritrea, with the mission's mandate set to expire at midnight. As Derek Kilner reports from VOA's East Africa bureau in Nairobi, the governments of both Eritrea and Ethiop

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)