Meet the so-called Babyface of Smooth Jazz, guitarist, singer and songwriter Paul Brown, whose tireless work as a producer opened the door to his acclaimed solo career. Paul's latest recording features some of his closest friends and collaborators. P

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Sanitation Pioneer Offers India's 'Untouchable' Women New Lease on Life Soon after it gained independence, modern India outlawed discrimination against so-called untouchables, the lowest of social classifications outlined in Hindu scripture. In reali

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

爸爸被猴子吓着了,和妈妈坐在旁边休息。坐着没事,他们会聊些什么呢,一起来看看吧! Listen Read Learn Mom: That's OK, Ben, just let it go. I thought you were just a little too much into it. Dad: I wasn't kidding before, OK, I'm fine now. Mom: Honey, ha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Citibank is the banking division of the financial services giant Citigroup. It was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York. It is one of the biggest banks in the world and one of the widest-reaching. Citibank has more than 1,400 branches in over

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

THIS IS AMERICA - A Small Farm Offers Cheese, Bread and Food for Thought By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Monday, November 28, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

By Heidi Chang Hawaiian hula dancers usually wear skirts made of grass… but not the one advertising this year's Hawaii International Film Festival. Her skirt was fashioned of flowing strips of film

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

出生于1991年的Declan,是英国最受欢迎的童声歌手之一,拥有EMI(百代)超过百万英镑的身价。他4岁开始展露歌唱天赋;8岁开始参加一些音乐比赛,在14个月中曾经获得16个大奖。目前,Declan

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has put forward his own roadmap for a political solution to the country's 22-month old crisis. In his first televised speech since June last year, Assad appeared among hundreds of his loyalists at the Opera House in t

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

David Gollust Secretary of State Colin Powell telephoned his Uzbek counterpart, Foreign Minister Sadyk Safayev, on Tuesday to offer U.S. condolences and assistance in investigating the terrorist attac

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

NASA Scanner Offers Clues To Whale Hearing Researchers at UC San Diego and San Diego State University have imaged whale skulls in an attempt to determine the effects of sonar on whale hearing. Cynthia Graber reports It really is rocket scienceresearc

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Leaders of the European Union say they will help Greece as it struggles under a mountain of debt. They promise to take action, if needed, to safeguard financial stability in the euro area as a whole.

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

By Tang Ximing and Rebecca Lombardi Wasington 19 September 2007 Aspiring journalist Jessica Shyu was on her way to achieving her life's dream. But a chance to teach far from her Washington, D.C. home convinced her to give up city life for the sprawli

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

By Mike O'Sullivan Los Angeles 14 June 2006 A California man who rose from poverty, built a successful business and raised six sons along the way has some Father's Day advice for other fathers and their sons. In Los Angeles, VOA's Mike O'Sullivan sp

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

By Scott Stearns White House 06 May 2008 The United States is pledging more than$3 million to help Burma recover from Saturday's cyclone that killed more than 22,000 people. U.S. President George Bush says more help could be provided if Burma's milit

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Beijing is home to an extensive seventeen line subway system. But although the system is the biggest its ever been, in many peoples eyes, its still not big enough for Beijing. For more analysis, joining us on the phone is Professor Li Hongchang from

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

Chinas state-owned conglomerate China Merchants Group has made an informal bid to buy London's Baltic Exchange. This makes it the latest contender for the business after the Singapore Exchange. According to sources from Reuters, the approach was made

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: a collection of life stories told in just six words. RS: But first, we have a report on a linguist in Virginia who collects accents from across America, and across the world, and

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Artists from Europe and Asia have come together in Beijing aiming to bridge the gap between the two continents through art. Their works can be seen in an exhibition called Bridging Asia-Europe which showcases the work of artists from China, Hungary a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

I lost all depth perception of my eyes. Everything, even from like walking through like a doorway 我的眼睛完全失去了测距能力。看周围的一切,比如就像是走过一道门这种简单事 sometimes I would find myself a little bit

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

How to get to fivepoints Make the wrong turn you know If you're thinking of going Think no more Who's taking you down there What's his name Let me know The price he offers Round the corner of love Halfway to fivepoints Is as far as you come Halfway w

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐