Published in the 1930s, the novels of Edmund Kiss told the story of how in the long forgotten past, an ice moon from deep space had collided with the earth, bringing with it the seed of Aryan man. Nat

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 遗失的大陆

UN: States Increasingly Using Refugees for Political Purposes For years, people fleeing from war and oppression have sought asylum in nearby countries. Now, the United Nations is warning that countries are increasingly using refugees as tools to supp

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

The United States has announced new sanctions on three Venezuelans and 20 companies for connections to drug trafficking. Vice President Mike Pence announced the measures earlier this week. He spoke during a visit to the headquarters of the Organizati

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

坚持不懈,直到成功。 我们每天的奋斗就像对参天大树的一次砍击,头几刀可能了无痕迹。每一击看似微不足道,然而,累积起来,巨树终会倒下。这恰

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级词汇与结构练习

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. The UN General Assembly plans to vote on a unanimous call from the Human Rights Council to suspend Libya's membership as pressure mounts for Colonel Muammar Gaddafi to step down. Secretary of State Hill

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

双语阅读:全球变暖之后,花儿会更香? Its most ardent advocates say that global warming is gradually ruining our parts of our planet. 狂热的环保主义者说全球变暖正逐渐破坏地球、破坏人类的栖居地。 But the effect

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

AS IT IS 2013-08-25 Filmmaker Documents Change and Loss in Cambodia 制片人记录柬埔寨的改变和损失 Hi, and welcome to As It Is. Im Kelly Jean Kelly. Today Mario Ritter is taking us to Cambodia, in Southeast Asia. A Cambodian-American film

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Migrating Birds Can't Find Their Way Home 迁徙候鸟无法找到回家的路 Scientists say a huge percentage of bird species are in danger because their habitats, or homelands, are disappearing. Traditional migration paths take birds through count

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2015-01-16 Clashes in Rural Areas of Central African Republic 中非共和国农村地区的冲突 The International Crisis Group reported last month that a hidden conflict is taking place in rural parts of the Central African Republic. The

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2015-01-12 International Action Urged to Stop Migrant 'Ghost Ships' 国际行动呼吁停止移民幽灵船 In the first week of January, more than 1,000 migrants had to be rescued in the Mediterranean Sea. Many were refugees from Syria. The

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Forced labor does occur in many industries, 强制劳动在很多国家都屡见不鲜, especially those where the workers are migrants or otherwise vulnerable, and this needs to be addressed. 尤其发生在移民劳工和其他弱势群体中,这

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

edition n.版本,版 解析:a paper back edition平装本 a hard back edition 精装本 enhance v.提高,增强 解析:注意常用过去分词 enhance one's political consciousness提高政治觉悟

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Cities are more crowded, more polluted, and more stressful to live in than any other kind of man-made environment in the world. But they are also where the smartest people want to live. 城市比世界上其他的人工环境更加拥挤、污染更加

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China is opening up its agriculture industry to corporate farming, a move that could have wide economic and political implications. 中国农业正向大企业农业迈进,此举将产生广泛的经济和政治影响。 That decision may gradually

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, May 19 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday authorized up to 50 million dollars in fresh humanitarian aid to the conflict-ridden South Sudan. In a memo to Secretary of State John Kerry, the president said it is important to t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I am going to talk about the time I have spent in Germany and also in France. I did a degree in French and German and as part of my degree it was compulsory to spend one year abroad. I decided to go to Germany because my German was not as good as my

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

You married the first girl that you dated, and you were a techie if you could fix the carburetor in your car. 我还相信你们都会和自己第一个约会的女孩结婚;相信会修汽车化油器,就算是个汽车专家了。 I really thou

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

I call this ability collective learning. It's what makes us different. 我把这个叫做集体学习的能力。这使我们如此特殊。 We can see it at work in the earliest stages of human history. 我们可以看到在人类历史早期的阶段

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Science and technology 科学技术 Cell biology 细胞生物学 On your marks... 各就各位 The first cell race in history may further knowledge about how cancers spread 历史上的首次细胞赛跑,可能增进了解有关癌症如何扩散的知

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Joel: So, a lot of Americans, we know about Hawaii, and Samoa is fairly close to Hawaii, right? So is the culture similar? Do you know about Hawaii? Patricia: I have family in Hawaii, actually and from seeing them and hearing about their way of life,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话