Aqua Spacecraft 水资源监测太空船 NASA's latest and most ambitious weather satellite is measuring Earth's water cycle. Learn more about the Aqua satellite -- today on Earth and Sky. DB: I'm Deborah Byrd. JB: And I'm Joel Block for Earth and Sky. This

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 (科普英语)Earth and Sky

AS IT IS 2016-01-30 Businesses Want to Ban Bad Online Reviews In 2009, John and Jen Palmer posted a critical online comment about a business. The Palmers said they ordered and paid for a small toy and a keychain for $20 from KlearGear.com, but never

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

U.S. health officials are increasing surveillance measures at doctors' offices and international borders to guard against the spread of swine flu. Washington also has begun dispersing medicine from a federal stockpile. 美国卫生官员加强在医生

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年4月

文本: Jonas: Mr Moray. Mr Dudley. Arthur: It's private. Jonas: A list. A list with only two names. Arthur: They worked here, when it was Emmerson's. No-one else left who did. Jonas: They tell tales in the bays, about how I came to lose my arm. Ev

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

This is the first in a two-part Business English Pod lesson on dealing with telephone inquiries. Its natural to feel a little nervous when answering questions on the phone, especially when youre using a different language. You cant see the other pers

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

Aqua Technology 水资源监测科技 A new weather-monitoring satellite has been 30 years in the making, and some researchers think it's worth the wait. We'll speak with a scientist about the Aqua satellite -- on today's Earth and Sky. DB: This is Earth a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 (科普英语)Earth and Sky

Peru became only the second country in the world to make their fishing boat data available to the public. The information will appear on the website of Global Fishing Watch, a non-profit organization. 秘鲁只是世界上第二个向公众提供渔船

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(336) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

US Lawmakers Seek Surveillance Reform 美国国会议员寻求监测改革 U.S. senators in both parties are proposing changes in the way the National Security Agency collects information as it hunts for terrorists and other threats. Some lawmakers w

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

当吉米.海伍德的弟弟被诊断为肌萎缩性侧索硬化症后,吉米自己也投身于与这个疾病的抗争之中。海伍德兄弟建立了一个新颖独特的网站,在这个网站上,病人们可以分享和跟踪监测疾病相关

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:(不只是)男人经

At first glance, you would never know this warehouse contains vital weapons to combat the spreading oil slick. They're staging areas set up from Venice, Louisiana, all the way to Pensacola, Florida. So what's going on here in this staging area is goi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Merskey. Got a minute? Some strong comments from John Holdren, director of the science technology and public policy program in Harvards JFK school of government. Saturday, the annual meeting

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

AS IT IS 2015-04-09 India to Monitor Air Pollution in 10 Cities 印度在10大城市监测空气污染 The Indian capital of New Delhi recently passed Beijing, China, for having the worlds most polluted air. Now, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

By Gilbert da Costa Abuja 26 July 2006 Nigeria's anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has warned Internet service providers that they risk 20 years imprisonment if they aid online scams. -------- The newly introduced Advan

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

US Allies Remain Skeptical of Obamas Surveillance Reforms 美国的盟友仍然怀疑奥巴马的监测改革 LONDON There has been a muted response from U.S. allies to President Obamas plans to curb the surveillance activities of the National Securi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

South Korea to Offer MERS Insurance to Tourists 韩国向游客提供MERS保险 SEOUL South Koreas tourism industry is in damage control mode following the outbreak of the Middle East Respiratory Disease (MERS) that has caused thousands of internatio

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(六月)

用无人机监测濒临绝种的考拉 Small endangered animals are often hard to find in their natural habitats, making it difficult for scientists to monitor them and develop conservation plans. But new technologies can help. Australian researcher

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年3月

This is bad. We need to keep riding. It's close. 情况很糟,我们最好继续赶路。听起来很近 I don't want to be here anymore! 我不想待在这里了 That's Mech fire. That's a shotgun. That means there's people. 那是械甲怪的火炮

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第二季

Hong Kong's health authorities say 31 out of the 33 suspected cases of MERS reported in the 24 hours before noon Wednesday have tested negative. Officials at the Center for Health Protection said that two patients are still being tested, but that as

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

This tiny sensor mounted on a bumblebee is monitoring all kinds of important environmental data. This is the brainchild of a group of researchers at the University of Washington. What made us start the aim of this was our prior work on building insec

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(一月)

近日,我国首颗商用遥感卫星成功发射。这颗备受瞩目的星星都具备哪些功能?它的升空具有什么意义?在实现人们飞天梦的同时,它又能为我们的生活带来怎样的便利呢? 请看相关报道:

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇