2. What price happiness? You dont need millions to be happy. At The Happiness Institute in Australia, a couple of hundred dollars may do the trick(获得成功). Since the institute opened its doors this year, men and women of all ages have been

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 听美文故事记6级单词

Andrew Carnegie, known as the King of Steel, built the steel industry in the United States, and , in the process, became one of the wealthiest men in America. His success resulted in part from his abi

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

For more on this, we are joined by Su Xiaohui, deputy director of the Department of International and Strategic Studies at the China Institute of International Studies. Welcome to the program. Q1. Regional security has been one of the major topics di

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(217) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

'Funeral of the Future' Memorializes With Digital Footprints LOS ANGELES When a person dies in this age of social media, his digital imprint may live on. One California artist is exploring how to use digital artifacts to create a futuristic funeral.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(284) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(九月)

Unit 127:Be an early-bird exerciser 第127单元:做个早起的运动者 Researchers at the Southwest Health Institute in Phoenix compared people who work out in the morning to people who do so in the evening. 凤凰城西南健康中心的研究员

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 减肥瘦身英语口语话题

这两期的节目主要是采访亚力克斯,听她讲述她的精彩人生以及有趣的冒险故事,亚力克斯的英语非常好,但其实英语只是她的第二外语,她又是如何做到的呢? Harp: Did you miss the city, or you we

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

I Have His Genes But Not His Genius It's Christmas Eve 2040, and I'm the only bartender still working that afternoon, and the house is practically empty. I see this guy down at the end of the bar, sit

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

今天我们要学的词是 covert. Covert 形容词,隐秘的。Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov complained to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about the arrest of a Russian woman on allegations of being a covert agent. 俄罗斯外长拉夫

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

132 Being inundated with complaints from intimacy to inventory Listen, McGregor, the chairman began ominously. The board has been inundated with complaints about your intimate relationship with that pretty assistant of yours. My intuition tells me t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

人的脑子不仅是各种思想和情绪的源泉,而且还控制着人体各部门的功能。人脑是人身体上非常关键的组成部份。大概也正是因为这个原因,

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Also: The Library of Congress adds to its National Recording Registry. And a listener in Iran wants to know more about the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Transcript of radio broadcast: 05 June 2008 HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Spe

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-05-17 Young People Learn Leadership in the Great Outdoors 年轻人应该在户外活动中学习领导技能 The Cottonwood Institute is a nonprofit group that works with teenagers in the U.S. city of Denver, Colorado. It helps them le

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Leading the news this morning. The Opposition has moved to a 52 per cent lead over the Coalition's 48 per cent on a two-party-preferred basis as according to a FairfaxNielsen Poll out this morning. Fairfax calls the fastest recovery by any Opposition

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

For more on the trade and investment front of the SED talks, CRI's Zheng Chenguang spoke earlier with Zha Xiaogang, Director of the Institute for World Economic studies at the Shanghai Institute for International Studies.

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

EDUCATION REPORT - Study of a Charter School Project Finds Big Gains on Tests By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, August 25, 2005 I'm Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English Education Report. C

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Accounting system 会计系统 American Accounting Association 美国会计协会 American Institute of CPAs 美国注册会计师协会 Audit 审计 Balance sheet 资产负债表 Bookkeepking 簿记 Cash flow prospects 现金流量预测 Certificate in Internal Auditing 内部审计证书

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

For more on the dialogue, Yang Xiyu, senior fellow of the China Institute of International Studies joins us. Q1. At the dialogue, President Xi Jinping has said the differences between China and the United States are quite normal, and has called on bo

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

I was away from my office and needed to send some letters to clients. Unfortunately, I didnt have their addresses, so I called the office secretary. Christina: Hi, Jacob. I need your help getting the mailing addresses for a couple of clients. Jacob:

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The industrial foundation that was laid by Mao during his thirty years in power that was later proved to be quite important for China to reform. So this was several aspects that we think to be the continuity of the Chinese communist partys rule of Ch

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

西方超20个国家蜂起驱逐超百余俄大使 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Suyi Coming up: --Russia mulls response to diplomat expulsions --Chinese premier promises further

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线