US Has Highest Incarceration Rate in World 美国拥有全球最高监禁率 In observance of International Human Rights Day, we have decided to look at the U.S. incarceration rate. Human rights groups often criticize the United States for having the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十二月)

In his address to the United Nations General Assembly in September, President Donald Trump said that the Cuban government is delivering only anguish and failure to its people. 9月,在向联合国大会发表讲话时,特朗普总统表示,现在

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(五月)

Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross back when i was a child 当我还是个小孩子的时候 before life removed all the innocence 天真懵懂 my father would lift me high 父亲会把我高高举起, and dance with my mother me then 跟我和母

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英文歌曲精选

通俄门里克盖茨认罪 This is AP News Minute. A former top adviser to Donald Trump's election campaign pleaded guilty Friday to Federal conspiracy and making false statements in the special counsel's Russian investigation. Rick Gates entered hi

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(二)月

Welcome to This I believe, an NPR series presenting the personal philosophies of remarkable men and women from all walks of life. Support for NPR Podcasts comes from Visa, offering the visa signature card featuring concierge services for travel, din

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Well, joining us now by phone right now from the Los Angeles county jail is Conrad Murray. Also with us, his attorney, Valerie Wass. Dr. Murray, appreciate you being with us. There are a lot of questions I'd like to ask you obviously about this AEG L

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(四)月

what do flowers symbolize? 讲鲜花的象征意义,也就是我们通常说的花语 You all know that red roses are a symbol of love, desire and passion. But do you know that purple roses stand for enchantment and love at first sight. 我们都知道

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 新鲜英语早知道

Queen: Mirror,mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Mirror: My queen, on this day, one has come of age①, fairer even than you.She is the reason your powers wane②. Queen:Who is it? Mirror:Snow White. Queen: Snow White?She is my undo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

By Bernie Bernard After a wait of nearly 40 years, founding Beach Boys member Brian Wilson has released Smile, an album he refers to as his masterpiece. Since the late-1960s, Brian has battled depress

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

It was in Room 2806, at $3000 a night luxury suite at this hotel behind me where the alleged incident took place Saturday. Arraignment set later this morning for Dominique Strauss-Kahn, a man who just 2 days ago was in charge of the world's most powe

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

1. The Secret Service says a letter similar to two ricin-laced letters sent to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been intercepted by a White House mail screening facility. The letter was addressed to President Obama and has been turned over to the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(六月)

Opposition parties in South Africa have gone to the courts to contest the dismissal of corruption charges against the head of the ruling party, Jacob Zuma. The development comes amid rising controversy over the dismissal which Zuma says proves his i

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(四月)

While women continue to advance in American society, many little girls still get stuck in a world of fairytale princesses and frilly pink dresses. That does not sit well with journalist Peggy Orenstein, who mused about her young daughter's obsession

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

A Thai court has ruled more charges against Russian arms dealer, Victor Bout, should be heard. The ruling will delay steps to extradite Bout to the United States to face charges of conspiracy and support for foreign terrorist organizations. The 43-ye

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

April 4th, 1968 - The Reverend Martin Luther King, Junior is assassinated on a hotel balcony in Memphis, Tennessee. The civil rights leader was 39 years old. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonigh

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2011年

April 4th, 1968The Reverend Martin Luther King, Junior is assassinated on a hotel balcony in Memphis, Tennessee. The civil rights leader was 39 years old. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight,

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

April 4th, 1968The Reverend Martin Luther King, Junior is assassinated on a hotel balcony in Memphis, Tennessee. The civil rights leader was 39 years old. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight,

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2015年

【复习】 Last time we learned a sentence pattern which is : S insist that S should do. 表示某人坚持要求某人做某事。Insist在此句中是坚持要求的意思。And some translation exercises were left last time and I'm about to be o

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

爱情就象一座四季花园 爱情关系就像管理一座花园。想要花草繁盛就必须定时浇水,依不同的季节和不可预测的气候给予特殊的照顾。同样,要永浴爱河也必须了解爱情的四季,为爱情的特殊

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读