To Fanny Keats, 5 July 1820 Wednesday My dear Fanny; I have had no return of the spitting of blood, and for two or three days have been getting a little stronger. I have no hopes of an entire reestablishment of my health under some months of patience

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

By Brian Wagner Miami 10 January 2008 Colombia's government has approved a new attempt by Venezuela to pick up two hostages held by leftist rebels in the Colombian jungle. VOA's Brian Wagner reports Venezuela's president says he has received instruct

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Early next month a national conference called by dissenting current and former senior members of the ruling African National Congress is likely to give birth to new South African political party. As VOA's Delia Robertson reports from our southern Af

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)

Hopes of Chinese Animation Ride on 'Tofu Boy' Popular western movies like Kung Fu Panda are presenting a challenge for Chinese animators, who have yet to produce a hit among international audiences. But for Director Sun Lijun, creator of Legend of a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Research Group Has High Hopes for New TB Vaccine Physicians have long known that the so-called BCG vaccine for tuberculosis does not provide the same level of protection against the disease in all parts of the world. Some also say the vaccine's effec

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

'Facebook' for Scientists Could Speed Advances Social networks like Facebook allow users to keep in up with their friends. Now, a social network for scientists hopes to use the technology to speed up scientific progress. As he worked on a medical ima

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Kurds Have New Hopes Amid Mideast Changes It's lunchtime, and kebabs are on the grill at a newly-opened Kurdish restaurant in the Washington area. Hekmat Bamarni came here from northern Iraq in the 1970s, and he sits at a table in the restaurant with

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

South Sudan Hopes New Mining Law Will Unearth Treasures This gold mine in Nanakanak, Eastern Equatoria state, is just one of many spots across South Sudans east where a gold rush has hit. Adele Natogo said that like countless others, she left her nin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Far-Reaching American Legacy in Iraq Debated Black smoke rises to the sky after a suicide bombing in Baghdad's Sadr City, one in a series of deadly attacks marking the 10th anniversary of the U.S. invasion. At the scene of another blast, frustration.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Illinois General Assembly Candidate Hopes to Make History CHICAGO Much of the attention in next Tuesday's Illinois primary election focuses on the candidates trying to win the party's presidential nomination. But one Chicago community organizer and b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(三月)

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: In Russia, officials say they're pleased that Rex Tillerson has finally been sworn in as U.S. secretary of state. When Tillerson was an ExxonMobil executive, Vladimir Putin awarded him Russia's Order of Friendship. Now Russians e

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

A Land In Limbo Hopes That Books Will Keep It Going Let's go now to a book fair. The Hargeysa International Book Fair takes place in a country that is not internationally recognized. The Republic of Somaliland is a self-declared state. To the rest of

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

By Naomi Schwarz Dakar 19 February 2008 As President Bush visits Ghana during his six-day tour of five African nations, some Ghanaians say they hope his visit will mean increased aid and more trade with the United States. Naomi Schwarz has more from

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

迷你对话: A: He hopes against hope that he can get married with Maggie. 他还怀有一丝希望看能都和Maggie结婚。 B: He must be bananas. 他是个神经病。 A: Dont say so! Everyone knows that he loves Maggie very much. 别那么说他

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This EditionChina says the execution of a senior North Korean official is an internal affair of that country, and that it hopes to see national stability in the neighboring countr

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

09年12月四级作文预测及范文(07) Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic Parental Hopes and Personal Ideals. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline (given in Ch

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(262) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

歌词: 'She's a drama queen, queen from a movie zine She did everything thing And I's all I can ask for Though she was a pain pain ooh how I miss her rain rain Couldn't stop that train, train But she's colder the glass That chick had one of the ch

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Muslim educators say Islam is a small part of curriculum but critics worry schools breed violent anti-Western Islamists Mohamed Elshinnawi | Dearborn, Michigan 12 July 2010 Students at the Muslim American Youth Academy in Dearborn, Michigan follow th

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

A Foreign Ministry spokesman says China hopes the Thai general election is successful. As a friendly neighbour of Thailand, China hopes parties in Thailand can properly handle differences through dialogue and consultation under the framework of the C

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年12月

By Mona Ghuneim New York 16 August 2007 Since the U.S. Peace Corps was founded in 1961 by President John F. Kennedy, the agency's mission has remained the same: to promote peace and friendship throughout the world. But in recent years, the 46-year-ol

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)