by Edmund O'Neill Set yourself free from anything that might hinder you in becoming the person you want to be. Free yourself from the uncertainties about your abilities or the worth of your dreams, from the fears that you may not be able to achieve t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 品茗经典

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语农业报道。 Japan's nuclear crisis may mean greater demand for imported food and less competition from Japanese products on world markets. But it also means that

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Anti-government protesters in Thailand are threatening to use more aggressive measures in their fight for fresh elections. As part of a new strategy they've stopped wearing red shirts to make it hard for troops to find them, they've also set up check

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Five years ago this August, Hurricane Katrina struck. Now, American states along the Gulf of Mexico are fearing a different kind of environmental disaster. Oil is flowing from a damaged well one thousand fi

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

It's a Small World 这是一个小小的世界 It's a small world after all. 这终究是一个小小的世界。 There's a world of laughter 充满欢笑, and a world of tears. 也充满泪水 It's a world of fun 充满快乐, and a world of fea

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 幼儿英语童谣朗读

碧昂丝吉赛尔诺斯(Beyonce Giselle Knowles),美国著名流行天后,有着超越常人的音乐天分,以及黑人女歌手少有的绝美面孔,和让人难以拒绝的性感身材,不到一年时间奇迹般成为美国乃至全世

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

The snow blows white on the mountain tonight Not a footprint to be seen A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the Queen The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried Don't let them in, don't let t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

The U.N. refugee agency says it is concerned about the safety of tens of thousands of displaced civilians in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, where fighting between government and rebel forces threatens North Kivu's provincial capital Goma. Lis

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

Theres a still in the street outside your window Youre keepin secrets on your pillow Let me inside, no cause for alarm I promise tonight not to do no harm I promise you baby,I won't be no harm And we're caught up in the crossfire A heaven and hell An

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

来自美国的福音创作型才女 Karyn Williams 个人首张录音大碟,不失也是一位美丽、性感的才女,M3【Rest in the Hope】唯美舒雅的嗓音伴着优雅的钢琴音符演绎着她光彩照人的旋律,M1【Call】乐队的

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

Early reports suggest Ethiopia's ruling party has won a massive victory in Sunday's parliament elections. Almost every major opposition leader appears to have been defeated. The headquarters of Ethiopia's main opposition party was like a funeral parl

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Nagorno Karabakh Cleans Up Old Conflict, Fears New One Almost 20 years after fighting stopped over Azerbaijans breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh province, this mountainous land still holds its deadly secrets - anti-tank mines, anti-personnel mines and clust

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Hope Hope is what makes one's life continue forward. Setting goals for oneself is fine, but impossible to reach without hope. Many humans believe that hope is what creates disappointment; a sad belief to have. For hope provides one with the ability

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Item Three. Vocabulary. unchecked. We are not born with courage, but neither are we born with fear. May be some of you fears are brought on by your own experiences, by what someone has told you, or by what you've read in the paper. Fears, even the mo

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step 3000 第二册

US, Iraq Vow to Fight al-Qaida 美伊誓言打击基地组织 STATE DEPARTMENT U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry welcomed his Iraqi counterpart to the State Department on Thursday, as part of a 2008 agreement outlining long-term cooperation on count

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

A magnitude 7.5 earthquake rocked the country once again on Tuesday afternoon. It was followed by several strong aftershocks. The Nepalese government says 65 people have been killed, and over 1,600 injured. President Ram Baran Yadav was giving a spee

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

歌手Jason Mraz是美国的天才创作歌手,有一副好嗓子加一手漂亮的吉他,而且坚持原创,他的音乐没有浮夸的痕迹,他总能用娓娓道来的方式演唱歌曲,在似乎平淡的歌声中隐藏着激情的燃烧。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

今天我们要学的词是riveting。Riveting形容词,意思是吸引人的、引人入胜的 。Despite fans' doubts and fears going in, the 2017 French Open turned out to be a riveting, satisfying spectacle. 尽管网球迷们存有疑虑和恐慌

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

注定飞翔Meant to Fly----Eva Avila 19岁的Eva Avila出身在渥太华,成长在于渥太华一河之隔的魁省城市Gatineau市,她的母亲是法裔加拿大人,父亲是秘鲁移民,Eva Avila从小向父亲学习唱歌,会说英、法

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

Shakira - Dreams For Plans Once upon a time you and I When we were dreaming easy Fresh as limes and happy as a Sunday sky There was nothing we could sell or buy 'Cause all we really needed Was our bare feet and a pair of wings to fly What do you thin

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲