[00:04.52]Feed Your Mind [00:06.60]Since the prehistoric times, man has had an urge to satisfy his needs. [00:13.60] Be it hunger, shelter or search for a mate, [00:17.31] he has always manipulated the circumstances to the best of his advantages. [00

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

There is no mistaking yet. She is ready to mate. Finally, the lover/ unites a bit briefly. After two months, the breeding season is over. It is time for the long track back to their southern feeding grounds, but the females carrying the next generati

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

Here and now, cub and cub, pound for pound. The bodies of the falling litter the battle field. The females approach to the victorious males willingly, and with a discerning eye. They gravitate to the i/ storm, knowing that only the fittest gladiators

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

AS IT IS - Medical treatment for adults infected with HIV This is AS IT IS. Welcome back. Im Caty Weaver. Today on the show the subject is HIV/AIDS. In recent years, developing countries have increased the availability of medical treatment for adults

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

A: Thank you for joining us this evening at Chez Attitude. B: I am Mr. Foster, and we have a 7:00 dinner reservation tonight for four people. A: Welcome, Mr. Foster, if you would have a seat in the lounge area, our hostess will be ready to seat you i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

Russian Hackers Doxxed Me. What Should I Do About It? play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0004:19repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. RA

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Some freshwater crocs try to snap them out of the air, others wait for fatal mistakes. But many more make it through. And after many hours on the wing, they find their new paradise, fresh, succulent eucalyptus at the highest bloom. At dawn, they sele

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

By November, the blinding equatorial sun has turned their southern water holes into sucking mud, a trap for unwary youngsters and so they must move north toward permanent water. Their pace quickens with the male's need to reach their ancient battle g

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

Beneath the hot-skillet surface of the outback where the baked soil crumbles like ashes, there are treasures to be found. In endless warrens of burrowing and hole, every hour of every day, you can find people digging. And virtually all of these indi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

Aaron asked Ray if he had looked everywhere for Walts gift. Had he called up the wedding site to see if anything had been left behind? Ray said that he had looked everywhere and made a lot of calls that were fruitless. Ray didnt know what to do. If h

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Boy, this is the worst weed Ive ever had, Wesley thought, even though it smelled great. Hed rolled two joints, smoked them both, and still didnt feel high. Hed heard about some super weed that gets people so high that they think theyre straight. Mayb

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

I worked hard everyday. 我每天很努力工作。 My boss admired me very much. 我的老板非常欣赏我。 I couldn't believe that the boss gave a pink slip to me today. 不敢相信老板今天居然炒我鱿鱼。 I don't understand that how

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS -May 28, 2002: Breast-Feeding and Intelligence Linked? / Americans on the Internet / Design a Traveling AIDS Medical Center for Africa VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

HEALTH REPORT -October 9, 2002: Lasker Awards for Medical Research By Nancy Steinbach This is the VOA Special English Health Report. The Albert Lasker Medical Research Awards were presented last month

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran When your legs don't work like 当你的感觉不像 they used to before 从前那般敏感 And I can't sweep you off of your feet 我不能让你坠入爱河 Will your mouth still 你的嘴还记得 remember the taste

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

IN THE NEWS - Britain Shaken by Media Phone-Hacking 新闻报道 - 电话窃听门震惊英国朝野 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道节目。 British reporters are known for doing almost anyth

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

今天我们要学的词是packed。 Packed, 是挤满,塞满的意思。The stadium was packed with fans, 体育场里挤满了球迷。The train was so packed I could not get on, 车厢里挤得不行,我根本挤不上去。 九月份开学后,

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是bedrock。 Bedrock, 是基础、基石的意思。Middle-class families and older Americans are the bedrock of support for Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, 中产阶级家庭和老年人是民主党总统参

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Ron: Hi, I'm Ron from Hawaii. I'm here with Mari from Japan. Today we're going to be talking about entertainment, and how often we do these things. So Mari, how often do you watch TV? Mari: I watch the news in the morning and when I come home at nigh

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

今天我们要学的词是mediocre。 Mediocre, 是平庸的意思。A mediocre actor, 演技平平的演员。The coach transformed the mediocre team into a championship contender, 这个教练把一只不怎么样的球队变成了一个冠军赛的

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃