Agriculture Report - An American Cowboy Aims to Help Russia's Beef Herd This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. (SOUND) Twenty years ago, when the Soviet Union collapsed, so did beef production in Russia. Breeding and management programs

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

By Mike O'Sullivan Los Angeles 31 January 2006 The cowboy romance

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

Cowboy Culture Takes Over America's Fourth-Largest City On parade day, horses displace cars on the streets of America's fourth-largest city. We have never seen so many cowboys and cows and horses all together with the trail wagons, one spectator said

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Unit 47 Texas Cowboy Culture The culture of the western United States, which many consider the epitome of American-ness, is in origin a synthesis of Anglo and Hispanic cultures which was created in Texas the days of the Texas Republic and spread with

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

The truck brought up dust as it moved over the road less flat land. It stopped where two cowboys stood at the edge of a deep canyon. Where is he? Tanner asked. The older cowboy named John pointed to the canyon. Down there, he said. Tanner Walked to t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Texas Christmas Features Tamales, Cowboys 德州圣诞特色:玉米粉蒸肉,牛仔 SAN ANTONIO In Texas, Christmas and New Year's celebrations are similar to those in the rest of the United States, but Mexican culture and the state's cowboy heritage

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

By Greg Flakus Houston, Texas 18 March 2008 Cowboys and cowgirls from around the world are in Houston, Texas for what is billed as the biggest livestock show and rodeo in the world. The annual event includessaddle bronc riding, bull riding, steer ro

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

After the billboard build-up, what choice do parents have? Ted Landphair | Washington, DC 02 August 2010 Fireworks, purchased at Fort Pedro, are a big seller. If you say south of the border to an older American, he or she is likely to break into song

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Larry和李华两人正开着车,准备到乡下的一个农场去骑马。今天李华会学到两个常用语:boonies和country bumpkin. (Car driving on country road) LH: Larry,我们要去的那

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Earlier this month, the Chicago Tribune newspaper sent a reporter to church four hundred kilometers away in the little town of Mount Vernon, in southern Illinois. Minister Coy Huffman holds services during pro rodeo events. Here he delivers a Power

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Thanks to Hollywood, the word cowboy conjures up images of tough, independent men: solitary, weather-beaten and...white. But many of the Old West cowboys were African-American. Each October, the Black Cowboy Parade in Oakland, California celebrates t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

Topics: Country music, July 4th celebrations, clever vs. smart, you formal vs. informal, college vs. high school, to ride vs. to drive, Tell me about it!, to throw in the towel Words: rural banjo cowboy stereotype crop declaration fireworks display s

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Pretty Boy M2M I lie awake at night 晚上我躺在床上没有一点睡意 See things in black and white 世界对我来说只有黑与白 I've only got you inside my mind 你的形象无时无刻不在我脑中闪动 You know you have made me blind 我的眼里只有你 I lie awake and pray

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

今天给大家介绍一个有趣的词语rodeo。不少人欣赏美国的西部牛仔风格,而rodeo恰恰表示“牛仔竞技表演,骑术表演”,怎么样,别有一番美国风味吧?

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

5Slim Werenothorsethieves!saidAnnie. Wellthen,whatareyoudoingwithmyhorsehere?hesaid. Somebadguyscamethroughtownwithhismother,saidAnnie.Theylefthimbehindbecausehewastooslow. Yup,mustbetherustlersthatstolemylastfivemustangs,thecowboysaid. Whoar

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

10EchofromthePast JackandAnnielookedoutside. ThesunhadslippedbehindthetreesoftheFrogCreekwoods. Anniestillheldtheancientscroll.Sheputitinthecorner,nexttothescrollfromtheiroceantrip. Justtwomoretogo,shewhispered. Yup,saidJack.Heunzippedhispack.H

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Beyond 'Shallow': A Look At The Oscars Picks For Best Original Song MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: There were some surprises in this year's Oscar nominations, but this next conversation is about one that will have surprised absolutely no one who's been pay

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Dom Flemons has built a career on exploring the lesser-known corners of American music. A founder of the Carolina Chocolate Drops, he released his second solo album, Black Cowboys, this

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

离别是在秋风里,野孩子离家(Cowboy Junkies - My Wild Child) Betrayed? It's the question That I am asking. Or just a lucky one deceived by too much love. Confused. Is the issue. I'm in need of high rescue. Another lucky one stunned by

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲