THE MAKING OF A NATION - A Body of Laws to Govern a New Nation 建国史话 (15):宪法诞生背景和修正案 From VOA Learning English, this is THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in Special English. I'm Steve Ember. The United States became

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(243) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: October 20, 2003 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: 1)The Declaration of Independence helped establish the United States as a new nation. So did the 2)Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

AMERICAN MOSAIC - In Corning New York: A House of Glass By Nancy Steinbach, Nana Demange and Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Friday, September 16, 2005 (THEME) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Spec

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

A look at three recent decisions on gun rights, prisoners at Guantanamo and a case that was notable not just for its subject. Transcript of radio broadcast: 27 July 2008 VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

The people of Zimbabwe are in the process of drafting a new constitution that is aimed at bringing new elections and ending years of political strife. As part of the process, specially trained leaders are consulting with citizens across the country i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

China's Vice Premiers and State Councilors were endorsed and pledged their allegiance to the Constitution in Beijing on Monday. The Constitutional oath-taking ceremony at the seventh plenum of the first session of the 13th National People's Congress

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

I will never pass this U.S. history test, he said. Why not? his wife asked. You passed the last test. He said, This one is different. On the last test, there were paragraphs to read. Then there were questions to answer. But the answers to the questio

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

188. The Supreme Court. 188.最高法院 But the greatest difference of all was to be found in the Supreme Court of the United States provided in the Constitution. 最大的差异在于基于《宪法》成立美国最高法院。 The new Congress

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

Chapter 20 第20章 Rise of Political Parties 政治党派的出现 207. The Federalists. 207.联邦党 There were no political parties in the United States in 1789. 1789年美国不存在政治党派, All the leading men were anxious to give the

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

263. The Frigate Constitution. 263.宪法号护卫舰 One of the first vessels to get to sea was the Constitution, commanded by Isaac Hull. 美国最早到海上航行的舰船之一是由伊塞克o哈尔指挥的宪法号, She sailed from Chesap

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

Thank you, Mr. Chairman. Mr. Chairman, I join my colleague Mr. Rangel in thanking you for giving the junior members of this committee the glorious opportunity of sharing the pain of this inquiry. Mr. Chairman, you are a strong man, and it has not be

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

Hello, and welcome to Legal Lads Quick and Dirty Tips for a More Lawful Life. Im your host, Adam Freedman. But first, your daily dose of legalese: This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, althoug

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

by Adam Freedman Happy Holidays! At this time of the year, our thoughts turn to mistletoe, eggnog, and . . . the separation of church and state. Katie from New Jersey asks how it is that a Christian holiday such as Christmas became an official nation

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This EditionChina's lunar probe Chang'e-3, with the country's first moon rover onboard, successfully lands on the moon. The state funeral service for former South African Presiden

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This EditionSyria's main opposition group has agreed to attend next week's peace conference in Switzerland with China calling for intensified efforts to end the Syria conflict. So

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

Yesterday, there was a knock at the door. Mum, there's some guy at the door, said my son, letting me know that he didn't feel like opening the door. I had just woken up from a nap. So, still feeling drowsy, I unlocked and opened the front door. I exp

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

今天我们要学的词是census。 Census, 是人口普查的意思。The U.S. Census Bureau kicked off its 2010 population count in a remote Alaskan village on Monday, 美国人口普查局星期一在阿拉斯加一个偏远的小村庄正式开始

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

US Secretary of State John Kerry says the United States wants Egypts interim government to succeed. At a joint press conference in Washington on Tuesday with visiting Egyptian Foreign Minister, Nabil Fahmy, Kerry called Egypts new constitution a posi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年04月

The industrial foundation that was laid by Mao during his thirty years in power that was later proved to be quite important for China to reform. So this was several aspects that we think to be the continuity of the Chinese communist partys rule of Ch

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台