Hope after the Tempest Mr. Chief Justice, my dear friends, my fellow Americans: The oath that I have taken is the same oath that was taken by George Washington and every president under the Constitution. But I assume the president under extraordinary

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 六级英语晨读经典

by Adam Freedman Todays topic: Proposition 8, gay marriage, and the Constitution. And now, your daily dose of legalese: This article does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not your

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Barbara Jordan: Statement on the Articles of Impeachment

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美国经典英文演讲100篇

In a bid to protect the rights of citizens, the founders of the United States included in the Constitution, the legal framework of the new government, ten Amendments: three to protect individual rights and seven to ensure justice. They are collective

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(一月)

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. James Monroe In the spring of eighteen twenty, President James Monroe was coming to the end of his first four years as president. He wanted to be elected again. But he faced

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

Trump Considers Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship President Donald Trump says he wants to end to the constitutional right of citizenship for babies born in the United States to non-U.S. citizens. Trump made the comments on the television

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

The 2018 session of China's top legislature is set to open later this morning. At a press conference on Sunday, the spokesman for the first session of the 13th National People's Congress talked about the important tasks facing legislators over the co

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

194. The First Inauguration, April 30, 1789. 194.第一个就职典礼(1789年4月30日) Long before the time set for the inauguration ceremonies, the streets around Federal Hall were closely packed with sightseers. 早在就职典礼开始之前

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

265. The Wasp and the Frolic,1812. 265.维斯普号与佛罗里克号(1812年) At almost the same time the American ship Wasp captured the British brig Frolic. 几乎与此同时,美国的维斯普号夺取了英国的双桅船佛罗里克号。

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

听说美国人都有枪,这是真的吗? constitution n. 宪法 Harlem 和 The Bronx 均为纽约贫民区 inner cities 城中城 rural area 乡村 out numbered 比数量多 America is a country that allows people to own a gun, Is that true? 在美

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Japanese Prime Minister Wishes to Change Constitution to Create Military Forces Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has reconfirmed his support for changing the countrys constitution to permit the creation of a military force. Lets fulfill our mission

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

One of Cameroon's best known and most controversial musicians, Lapiro de Mbanga, is spending this year's fifth annual International Music Freedom Day at a Douala courthouse not far from his jail cell. Lapiro is citing wrongful imprisonment for a song

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Jefferson Moves to Cut Debt, Spending - Pgm No. 32 Learning English, welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION, our weekly program of American history - for people learning English. I'm Steve Ember. In our last program, we talked about President Thomas Jeffe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Egypt's main opposition says it will appeal the result of the constitutional referendum, claiming electoral fraud and widespread violations. Initial results from the final round of voting on Saturday show 63 percent of voters back the charter. Nation

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

The annual session of China's top political advisory body came to a close with adoption of a series of draft resolutions, including the work report of the Standing Committee of the CPPCC National Committee. At the closing session, the newly-elected C

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham has condemned the deadly terrorist attack on an Iranian diplomat in Yemen on Saturday. Afkham said a terrorist group attacked an Iranian embassy's diplomat in a Sanaa street and tried to kidnap him,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

President Obama has arrived in Japan at the beginning of an Asian tour in which US allies are looking for assurances in their terrotorial disputes with China. In an interview with a Japanese newspaper, President Obama said the US would oppose any att

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

今天我们要学的词是 leeway. Leeway 作为名词,有余地的意思。A leaked internal email shows that Twitter plans to tighten rules on its platform and give its reviewers more leeway to remove tweets and ban offenders. 一份外漏的内部

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition ?A suicide bomber in Pakistan kills ten people including a provincial government official at a political rally in Peshawar. ?Egyptians vote in the second and final ph

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2012CRI中国国际广播电台