life is to be whole=人生在于完整 Once a circle missed a wedge. The circle wanted to be whole,so it went around looking for its missing piece.But because it was incomplete and therefore could roll only very slowly,it admired the flowers al

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

A Sioux Indian story ... 这是苏语系印第安人部落中流传的一个古老的故事 My grandfather took me to the fish pond on the farm when I was about seven, and he told me to throw a stone into the water. He told me to watch the circles created by the stone. T

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英文故事剧

LONDON The Eurostar rail link beneath the English Channel, now 23 years old, once symbolized the bonds between Europe and Britain that many thought unbreakable. It was an appropriate way then for London Mayor Sadiq Khan, an ardent supporter of Britai

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(三月)

Annie chased Jack around the circle. Stop, Jack! she cried. Stop! She grabbed his shirt and tried to pull him out of thedance. Let go, Annie! he said. Leave me alone! But Anniewouldn't let go. Finally, she pulled so hard that Jack broke handswith the

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

The Otherworld was completely different from the dark, coldworld Jack and Annie had just left behind. They were standing at the edge of a pale green meadow. Themeadow was bathed in warm, rosy sunlight. Three horses--oneblack, one brown, one gray--wer

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

In southwestern African namely,desert,the lack of rainwater keeps grass sparks.but in some areas,mysterious rain brings grass with bare center appeared thrive. Now scientists sub discovery the so called the very circles are decreased by wearied littl

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

By Doug Levine Washington 22 October 2006 Few musicians can say they've performed with some of the world's most famous blues artists, and then went on to enjoy a long and successful solo career. Walter Trout knows a thing or two about perseverance.

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. Beadwork has a long history as an art form practiced by American Indians and other cultures around the world. Today millions of people e

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(五)月

Round like a circle in a spiral Like a wheel within a wheel Never ending on beginning On an ever-spinning reel Like a snowball down a mountain Or a carnival balloon Like a carousel thats turning Running rings around the moon Like a clock whose hands

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡最佳英文歌曲

Sorry,thereisnottexttemporarily,Pleasehelptingroomtolookforit! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! 情人节英文歌曲 中秋节英文歌曲 英文圣诞歌曲

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Super Simple Songs 唱唱跳跳学美语

A suicide car bomb attack near the U.S. Embassy in Kabul has killed at least 4 people and wounded 18 others. The mid-morning blast appeared to target a convoy of foreign troops at a busy traffic circle. VOA's Barry Newhouse reports from the Afghan c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

Josh Kelley Comes Full Circle with 'Georgia Clay' Singer Josh Kelley had to settle for a career in the pop field before returning to his first love - Country music. He has come full circle with his debut Country album, Georgia Clay. The album's title

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Where's the bird? 鸟在哪里? Where, where, where's the bird? 哪里,哪里,小鸟在哪里? Where are her friends? 她的朋友在哪里? The little bird and all her friends, they are in the tree. 小鸟和她所有的朋友都在树上。

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 江苏译林版牛津小学英语(3起)三年级下册

Once a circle missed a wedge. The circle wanted to be whole, so it went around looking for its missing piece. But because it was incomplete and therefore could roll only very slowly, it admired the flowers along the way. It chatted with worms. It en

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.-- Mark Twain 保持身体健康的唯一办法,就是吃点你不想吃的,喝点你不想喝的,以及做点你不愿做的事

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.03

You Traveled Far Last Year Happy New Year! And if youve been away from work for a few days, you deserve some time off. After all, youve traveled far. Even if you just stayed at home. According to NASA, just by being on the planet Earth in the last ye

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人1月

Alaska Accelerates Indoor Agriculture阿拉斯加农业大爆发 What comes to mind when you think of Alaska? Probably snow. And ice. And extreme cold. But what about tomatoes? 当你想到阿拉斯加时脑海里会想到什么?可能是雪、冰、

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(六)月

The earth turns on its axis every 24 hours-or so were taught. But, before we had pictures from space, how would we prove it to someone? The rising and setting of the sun and stars in the sky provide pretty strong evidence, but not absolute proof, sin

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

足球比赛用语 中圈 kick-off circle 禁区 penalty zone 端线 goal line 球门区 goal area 球门柱 goal-post 球门网 goal net 篮球比赛用语 球场 playing court 分位线 lane place l

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

花样滑冰 Figure Skating 附加动作 additional move 花样滑冰鞋 figure skate 特种圆形 advanced figure 半周、半圆 half-circle 燕式旋转 arabesque spin 冰上表演 ice show 艺术印

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语