That night, Benny got his pancake dinner. Jessie cooked bacon, too, which everyone liked. But when they sat down at the table, Violet noticed that Jessie wasnt eating much. Whats wrong, Jessie? she asked. Do you feel bad? Yes, but not the way you mea

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 28 The Mystery Girl

Everyone worked hard for the rest of the day. When it was time to go, they were all hungry, especially Benny. Nancy, Jessie said, Mr. Taylor told us that theres a stream near here. Were going to make some sandwiches and eat by the water. Would you li

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 28 The Mystery Girl

When the children reached home, they all went into the den and sat down. You know, Jessie said, I wonder whether Mr. Farley is deliberately trying to scare us. He talks about the ghost so much. Why would he want to scare us? Violet asked. I have no i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

VThe Explorers Find Treasure THE NEXT MORNING Jessie woke up first, and she got up at once, for she was the housekeeper. The dog sat in the door of the car and looked at her as she jumped down to get the milk for breakfast. Then he jumped down after

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 1 棚车少年 The Boxcar Children

Henry, Jessie, Violet, Benny, and Soo Lee were coming out of the hardware store the next morning with more paint and supplies for the boxcar, when a voice said, Hush, Becky. If youre good, Ill ask these nice children to tell you about their boxcar. R

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 49 The Mystery of the Stolen B

Benny, you havent finished your breakfast yet, said Jessie. Watch hasnt eaten his at all, said Benny. He pointed to Watchs bowls in the corner of the kitchen by the door. One was full of water. The other was full of dog food. Hes probably out digging

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 49 The Mystery of the Stolen B

[00:03.96]∮∮ ( Continues ) [00:33.84]∮∮ (Fades ) [01:05.36]Rise and shine, sleepy head. 太阳出来了,懒猪 [01:07.56]( Groans ) What are you doing? 妳在做什么? [01:10.12]Getting you up. It's Sunday. So? - 叫妳起床,是星期日

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(404) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语—甜心辣舞

Over here! Pass it to me! Benny Alden yelled, waving his arms. He and his sister Violet just needed one more basket to break the tie. Violet looked over at Benny. She looked down at Soo Lee. Her five-year-old cousin was right beside her. Violet was q

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 68 The Basketball Mystery

Are you sure? Violet asked. Yes! These are all mens clothes! Katya pulled out another tie and a pair of shoes, then stuffed the items back into the duffel. What am I going to do? At that moment, Henry and Benny stopped by the door. Everything okay? H

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 73 The Gymnastics Mystery

Hurry, Jessie! cried six-year-old Benny. There wont be any fortune cookies left if we dont hurry. The youngest Alden was bouncing up and down with excitement on Aunt Janes couch. Twelve-year-old Jessie looked up from the gift she was wrapping. Oh, Be

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 96 The Mystery in the Fortune

I cant believe were going to college! said Violet Alden, as the van rounded a steep mountain curve. Next to her, fourteen-year-old Henry Alden grinned. Were not exactly going to college, he teased his little sister. Well only be at Mountvale College

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 59 The Outer Space Mystery

Oh, Benny, what are you doing to Watch? Violet Alden asked her six-year-old brother. Benny Alden grinned. He had tied a bandanna around Watchs head with a leaf tucked under one side to make an eye patch. Im a pirate, he said. And I am making Watch wa

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 60 The Soccer Mystery

Oh, said Violet. Mrs. McGregor needs help. Violet, who was ten years old and a bit shy, opened the screen door to let Mrs. McGregor into the sunporch. Thank you, Violet, said Mrs. McGregor as she squeezed through the opening, cradling a big green obj

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 126 The Clue in the Recycling

Alex Kirk said he had to take care of his garden and left. Mr. Yee took several deep breaths, then said, Come, lets walk through my garden plot. The Aldens followed him, careful to not step on any plants. That was a bit hard to do because the plants

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 130 The Garden Thief

Look! cried six-year-old Benny. Watch is sniffing out clues. Benny was drawing a picture of his dog, Watch. Ten-year-old Violet looked over at her little brothers drawing. I can see that, she said with a smile. Hes following a trail of footprints. Th

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 118 The Spy Game

Mr. Pierce had just come down from the upstairs as the Aldens came up from the basement. Whats happened? he said to his wife as he ran into the living room. Weweweve been robbed, Mrs. Pierce repeated, and she started to cry. Calm down, dear, Mr. Pier

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 75 The Mystery of the Empty Sa

Jessie Alden stood at the door. Oh, what a beautiful morning! she said on that hot July day. You can say that again, Jessie, added Benny Alden. He looked out at the blue ocean and white sand. There was not a cloud in the sky. Violet and Henry came to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

Joe and the children sat around the table to look at the books. Henry took off the paper and found twelve interesting-looking books. The Butterfly Book, said Jessie. The Shell Book, said Violet. The Flower Book, said Henry. Oh, these three books must

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

H ... e ... l ... p ... Benny Alden spelled out the letters of the first word on the sign in the front window. He looked up at his oldest sister, Jessie. Help! Thats what it says, doesnt it? he cried. Is someone in trouble? Twelve-year-old Jessie lau

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

CHAPTER 3 Waiting for Rescue When Henry awoke he thought even before he opened his eyes, The helicopter will come at sunrise. Then he opened his eyes and blinked. The whole mountain top was covered with thick fog. Henry turned his head to look at Jes

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 9 Mountain Top Mystery