That afternoon, there were two trophies on the Aldens mantel. Mr. Alden took pictures of Henry, Jessie, and Violet standing with the twins in front of the fireplace. No one wanted to spoil the moment by mentioning that there were supposed to be three

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 68 The Basketball Mystery

The next day, the Aldens didnt want to waste a minute. They were going back to the monster cave. They had a quick breakfast of cold cereal and milk instead of going to Dragons Mouth Coffee Shop. Today we wear our oldest jeans and tops, Jessie told he

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 50 The Mystery in the Cave

Okay, said Jessie, with her hands wrapped around a mug of hot chocolate. The big question is, did Al Stockton rent the locker and put his stuff inside and then drop the key? Or did he lose the key before he could put anything inside? Henry finished f

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 73 The Gymnastics Mystery

Well, dont look at me. I dont know why you leave things lying around if theyre so important. Janet thumbed through some sales slips as if nothing had happened. Anyway I need you to do those errands if youre going to be working tonight, Janet said as

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 72 The Mystery in the Mall

After the boys met up with Jessie and Violet, they strolled along the glass balcony that overlooked the indoor food court in the mall. Violet peeked over, then pulled back. It makes me dizzy to look down. If I had my binoculars I could tell what ever

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 72 The Mystery in the Mall

After Mr. Percy left, the children put the new inventions that had arrived on display in the house. They could hear Brad working in the kitchen, but Martha seemed to have disappeared. I wish Mr. Percy had tried on my flashlight hat, Benny said. Peopl

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 95 The Midnight Mystery

When the aldens arrived at the library, they put their bikes in the bike rack and went inside. They walked straight up to the librarians desk. A woman with brown hair approached them. Hello, she said with a big smile. Im Mrs. Shumate. May I help you?

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 100 The Mystery of the Haunted

As the Aldens explored the train, they found out it was very long. The children counted twenty cars. On one end were the sleeping cars and on the other there were many coach cars with big, comfortable seats. The porters were handing out pillows. A lo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 51 The Mystery on the Train

Benny was checking himself out in the hall mirror when Mrs. McGregor came down the stairs in a peach-colored dress. Doesnt everyone look wonderful! she said, smiling fondly at the children. Henry Jessie, Violet, and Benny were ready for the potluck d

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 102 The Ghost of the Chatterin

Jessie was riding right behind Benny. She, too, saw him lean over his ponys neck, then tumble off. Benny! she exclaimed. But Luis had already dismounted. Are you okay? he asked. Violet and Henry rushed up. Benny brushed dirt off his shorts. Im okay.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

Tacos, declared Benny, are the very best part of Arizona. He crunched his fourth beef taco happily. They are good, agreed Jessie, adding shredded lettuce to her chicken taco. Mr. McCrae, it was really nice of you to take us out to dinner. Across the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

Its got to be here some where, Jessie muttered to herself. She took everything out of her knapsack. But the petition wasnt there. How can this be? she said to herself. I never lose things. Jessie searched everywhere in the garage. Maybe the petition

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 56 The Firehouse Mystery

What happened? Jessie cried. We cleaned everything up so neatly before we went home yesterday. I know, Mike said. I came in here after you left, and I was very impressed. Not only did the walls look much better, but youd put everything away so nicely

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 56 The Firehouse Mystery

When Violet and Jessie returned to the movie set, Henry, Antonio, and Benny were waiting anxiously for them. What did you find out? Henry asked, Well, we think the call was made from a phone near Antonios mothers lemonade stand, Violet said. Why do y

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 58 The Mystery at the Alamo

A warm breeze was blowing when the Aldens arrived at the Philadelphia zoo. They could tell it was going to be a hot day. I just knew wed figure out that riddle, Benny said as they headed along the tree-lined walkway. Henry gave his brother a big smil

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 123 The Amazing Mystery Show

The next day, Mama Tovas shop was crowded as usual. Dont say anything yet, Henry whispered. Benny, Violet, and Jessie were sitting at a small table in the center of the room, waiting for their cue. Henry was at the next table. He had a plan. I want t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 125 The Cupcake Caper

That evening, the children were in Jessies bedroom for notebook time. Notebook time was when they talked about their clues. Jessie, who loved making lists, wrote everything into her notebook. Talking things out always helped the children think more c

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 126 The Clue in the Recycling

A grocery store stood near the entrance to the forest preserve. Theres no store inside the park, Mr. Alden said. Well do our shopping here. His tail wagging, Watch followed them to the door. You cant come in, Benny told him. Sit, Jessie said. Watch s

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 27 Gertrude Chandler Warner

Carl下课,看到室友Benny买东西刚回来,好象很兴奋。 Benny: Hey Carl! Check this out! I just picked up three brand-new Hollywood movies...they haven't even been released in theaters yet! Carl: Um...you mean they're counterfeit copies

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

地点:莫妮卡和瑞秋公寓 人物:莫妮卡,罗斯,钱德勒,乔伊,本 事件:莫妮卡一抱起罗斯的儿子本,本就哭。她深感挫败,而钱德勒又不断地调侃她。 Monica: Who's the Wenny-Benny boy? You the Wen

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台